Post match everton v liverpool - Are we happy now ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:32 pm

beat the sh!t out of alonso

:O  Dont say that around here mate you may get lynched by some members. :D
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
beat the sh!t out of alonso

:O  Dont say that around here mate you may get lynched by some members. :D

lol just for the record i em ant fernando alonso. Sorry mate , i m a big hamiliton fan and i don like people who sell out their own team .

Ok lets get back on topic then  :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Rafas-Y-Fronts wrote:Gerrard is very much a heart on sleeve footballer. He hates losing and this is portrayed in his desire and footballing style.

Although an outstanding talent....his tactical awareness is probably the only flaw to his entire game and this does result in his indiscipline when holding his position is concerned.

But what's the point of everyone 'holding their position' when we're up against a side who are a man down with everyone behind the ball? I can't see how any poster on here can say it was a good move to take off the Captain and keep a straight face at the same time. Yes, lucas did very well when he came on but the fact is we were as lucky as a team can get. Two penalties (one stone-wall) that went our way plus did anyone notice the blatant hand-ball in the build-up to our 2nd penalty? the moment Gerrard went off you could see the Everton players visibly lifted, all the zest went out of our play and the game was drifting to a 1-1 draw. I also agree with Red Trader who says it was demeaning for the Captain, a local lad, to get subbed in the derby when he was comfortabvly the best player on the park.

All that said and done, we're 9 games un-beaten at the start of the season and better placed than we have been at this stage for several years and the bitters must be feeling.......well.......bitter this morning :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:39 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Rafas-Y-Fronts wrote:Gerrard is very much a heart on sleeve footballer. He hates losing and this is portrayed in his desire and footballing style.

Although an outstanding talent....his tactical awareness is probably the only flaw to his entire game and this does result in his indiscipline when holding his position is concerned.

But what's the point of everyone 'holding their position' when we're up against a side who are a man down with everyone behind the ball? I can't see how any poster on here can say it was a good move to take off the Captain and keep a straight face at the same time. Yes, lucas did very well when he came on but the fact is we were as lucky as a team can get. Two penalties (one stone-wall) that went our way plus did anyone notice the blatant hand-ball in the build-up to our 2nd penalty? the moment Gerrard went off you could see the Everton players visibly lifted, all the zest went out of our play and the game was drifting to a 1-1 draw. I also agree with Red Trader who says it was demeaning for the Captain, a local lad, to get subbed in the derby when he was comfortabvly the best player on the park.

All that said and done, we're 9 games un-beaten at the start of the season and better placed than we have been at this stage for several years and the bitters must be feeling.......well.......bitter this morning :D

You got it spot on mate , it was wrong of rafa to take of our captain , our local inspiration, but it was his decison and like sabre said in some earlier post whether for the better or worse , we must respect his decision , he knows best , he is the manager and i am sure whatever he did , he had the team's best interest at heart  :)

Really delighted abt the start we have made so far , next week against arsenal somebody has to lose , i don see it being a draw and hopefully its arsenal , they looked toothless against bolton without van perise , and they need toure to get a goal for them , lets hope they continue being wasteful eh  :)

1-0 to us , and Gerrard with the goal
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Really delighted abt the start we have made so far , next week against arsenal somebody has to lose , i don see it being a draw and hopefully its arsenal , they looked toothless against bolton without van perise , and they need toure to get a goal for them , lets hope they continue being wasteful eh  :)

Hope so mate, it's a big big game and one we have to win if the boys are serious about wining the title. I wonder if Crouch will get a start this time out after last year's hatrick?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:45 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Really delighted abt the start we have made so far , next week against arsenal somebody has to lose , i don see it being a draw and hopefully its arsenal , they looked toothless against bolton without van perise , and they need toure to get a goal for them , lets hope they continue being wasteful eh  :)

Hope so mate, it's a big big game and one we have to win if the boys are serious about wining the title. I wonder if Crouch will get a start this time out after last year's hatrick?

if senderos plays , i think he might go for the pace of torres and the hardworking kuyt. I don really think at the moment crouch is playing , should he get a start for such a impt game , maybe if he starts in midweek and puts in a superb performance , then perhaps rafa might consider him , as for next week i don even feel that he will be on the bench ,
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:47 pm

EddieC wrote:Totally agree about the handball thing, it's not right that blatant cheating gets the same punishment as a dodgy challenge that may not have been intentional. 5 match ban would sound about right to me too.

Totally agree.  The ban should be longer and they should just reward the goal in those cases. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:53 pm

like i said . poor lucas what a impact he would have made , replacing the capt in the derby and scoring the winning goal , would have been a hero and made the most remarkable of comebacks
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:00 pm

bigmick wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I think thats absolute boll0ks Sabre.

I think there's far too much sitting on the fence in this forum these days, why don't people just say what they think  :D

Actually I think Sabre is closer to the truth than you give him credit for BM. When we left Torres out at Pompey and Rafa got hammered, he left him out the next game as well. He switches Gerrard to the right on Saturday knowing he will get hammered for it (not by me of course) and then pulls him off, making the statement that he's the man in charge and nothing will deflect him.

It's all very well, but as I said in another thread this determination to make a point, to grab headlines isn't doing him any favours. Before anybody suggests otherwise I'm not saying the ONLY reason he does such things is to grab headlines, but I think there is a reluctance to be seen to be influenced by absolutely anything at all which is actually more of a weakness then a strength.

Mate..... that post scared the cr@p out of me.

If what you speculate is true (and I'm sure you'll be the 1st one to say that it's just your gut feel), then theres a huge problem with the management at our club.

To make decisions, NOT for the good of the club, but to push a personal agenda or to prove a point, is purely and simply, DIABOLICAL.

I cannot believe this is true. I'm probably one of the greatest detractors of Rafa on here but I CANNOT believe that this is true at all.

No one is bigger than the club. Every professional decision taken, every last bit of effort on the field has to be made with CLUB 1st and foremost. Once it becomes a case of pride and stubborness running roughshod over everything, then we're just waiting for it all to implode and go t!ts up!

If even an ounce of this is remotely plausible, the board need to take steps. If it means either Stevie or Rafa, the so be it.

I cannot even contemplate that this is happenning, if I'm totally honest... no chance....

Something else is wrong but surely not this.

:no  :down:
ConnO'var

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:03 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I think thats absolute boll0ks Sabre.

I think there's far too much sitting on the fence in this forum these days, why don't people just say what they think  :D

Actually I think Sabre is closer to the truth than you give him credit for BM. When we left Torres out at Pompey and Rafa got hammered, he left him out the next game as well. He switches Gerrard to the right on Saturday knowing he will get hammered for it (not by me of course) and then pulls him off, making the statement that he's the man in charge and nothing will deflect him.

It's all very well, but as I said in another thread this determination to make a point, to grab headlines isn't doing him any favours. Before anybody suggests otherwise I'm not saying the ONLY reason he does such things is to grab headlines, but I think there is a reluctance to be seen to be influenced by absolutely anything at all which is actually more of a weakness then a strength.

Mate..... that post scared the cr@p out of me.

If what you speculate is true (and I'm sure you'll be the 1st one to say that it's just your gut feel), then theres a huge problem with the management at our club.

To make decisions, NOT for the good of the club, but to push a personal agenda or to prove a point, is purely and simply, DIABOLICAL.

I cannot believe this is true. I'm probably one of the greatest detractors of Rafa on here but I CANNOT believe that this is true at all.

No one is bigger than the club. Every professional decision taken, every last bit of effort on the field has to be made with CLUB 1st and foremost. Once it becomes a case of pride and stubborness running roughshod over everything, then we're just waiting for it all to implode and go t!ts up!

If even an ounce of this is remotely plausible, the board need to take steps. If it means either Stevie or Rafa, the so be it.

I cannot even contemplate that this is happenning, if I'm totally honest... no chance....

Something else is wrong but surely not this.

:no  :down:

Exactly mate.

I think Mick is playing devils advocate here as he clearly states he thought it was the wrong decision. But when he saw my post to his mate Saby, he started twisting and mincing his words.

:;):   :D
66-1112520797

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:13 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Exactly mate.

I think Mick is playing devils advocate here as he clearly states he thought it was the wrong decision.

I believe so too..... but it still scared me half way to hell..

:D
ConnO'var

Postby Lucky » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:15 pm

Bamaga man wrote:We havent played with heart recently, we needed heart especially in a local derby and from a local lad. If we needed possession as much as Rafa said, why not haul Momo off. It was hypocrisy at its finest. When the team needed the injection and confidence Gerrard began to step up to the plate for the stubborn manager to bring him off. However you dress it up its still boll0ks.

If Rafa was out to prove a point, then surely he did that by playing Gerrard wide right.

His decision was shocking, and IMO there is no point in trying to defend or justify it, like I said its desperate.

Well said!
When I saw Gerrard was taken down at that moment, the only reason I could think of was that Rafa was making an early preparation for next CL game. But that still didn't make any sense. He knows very well our priority this season is the league title and how important a win is under our current situation, not to mention for a derby game, and when Gerrard was playing really well and looked like our hope of goal!
If not for luck we finally won this one, I guess there would be some different statements from some very kind people. ???
anyway, glad about the 3 points, which made a sweet weekend to me.  :D
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:17 pm

yea we need heart like you guys said...
Screw the cl , we have already won it , what we as fans one is the premier league title, after 17 years i feel we have waited long enough , frankly we have the quality top do it but rafa must stop rotation and  encourage his players
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Avi Cohen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:36 pm

I thought we were blessed yesterday.

I know it was a derby which is never a bastion of attractive footy, but again there was no fluidity, no movement from the front men (I hate to bring them up, but watching Man U and Gooners striker/attacking midfielders is like watching a hornets nest or old footage of WWII dogfights). Watching us is like watching statues. We seem to react instead of anticipate and as a result we're second to the ball.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there seems to be less emphasis on going forward than winning the ball back - which we are brilliant at it has to be said. I love our work rate and tireless snapping style, which is what has us in the position we're in at the moment.
However, there's two sides to that coin and the fact that that's all we do (winning the ball back/never giving the oppo time to settle) has us in the position we're in - the lack of scoring opportunities and our lack of clinical finishing when they eventually come our way.
When we get the ball, we don't seem to have a plan apart from get it forward. Just look at our set pieces - flat, boring and bereft of originality and threat. Our attitude might defeat teams like Aston Villa and Sunderland but won't be good enough for the Man U's and Arsenal's of the league.
I will be eternally grateful to Rafa Benitez for what he's done to the team. But he overcooks everything and thinks too much about what the oppo are doing when he should be thinking more about OUR strengths and what we can do. We have the firepower to score enough goals and the midfield to create enough chances but we're not set up that way. I understand that the game is more tactical these days than before but when is he going to allow Liverpool to be Liverpool? Are the pass and move days gone?
Last edited by Avi Cohen on Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby polygemus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:06 pm

Voronin makes a great defender. The best tackling striker in the league now alongside Rooney.

Momo out. In time to come he will be Djimi Traore No. 2
polygemus

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion