Post match everton v liverpool - Are we happy now ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:46 am

Toffeehater wrote:don't bank on that mate , i doubt the fa are gonna listen to everton's petition also , they just gonna look at the game and decide what to do then , looks like he get the same punishment like the ref who officiated the chelsea vs liverpool game ..

I think we should just to take the p1 ss out of them.

I can't believe people don't want to discuss a match with so many TALKING POINTS. Nobody's denying it was a good win, however it was a good result in spite of Rafa tactics and we should probably start a petition to thank Clattenburg!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:53 am

Owzat wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:don't bank on that mate , i doubt the fa are gonna listen to everton's petition also , they just gonna look at the game and decide what to do then , looks like he get the same punishment like the ref who officiated the chelsea vs liverpool game ..

I think we should just to take the p1 ss out of them.

I can't believe people don't want to discuss a match with so many TALKING POINTS. Nobody's denying it was a good win, however it was a good result in spite of Rafa tactics and we should probably start a petition to thank Clattenburg!

yea but the main talking point is rafa tactics , he seriously needs someone there as his assitant to well obviously assist him , as we can see that he clearly made some wrong decisions yesterday and if luck was not on our side , we would have just gotten a draw or probably lost the game , but thank god we did not   :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:19 am

Gerrard, is our Ronaldinho, our Kaka, our best player, our star. In every other teams, I respect the managers who are not dominated by their stars, but they show they're in charge. So if Rafa thought that his player wasn't doing what he should, then, I can disagree the decission, but I respect the decission.

I think thats absolute boll0ks Sabre.

Where did this player become a star thing and a player like that dominate the manager all come from ?

Nowhere, thats your opinion and an opinion Sabre that IMHO is just being defensive for the manager, and for me thats totally clutching at straws for an excuse. Its almost as ridiculous as Rafa's post match comments about Gerrard.

You cant bring up some kind of "star" thing 'who dominates' the manager in a time like this, it doesnt was with me. You agreed the decision was wrong in taking Gerrard off, so dont try and defend it, its desperate mate.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:30 am

Bamaga man wrote:I think thats absolute boll0ks Sabre.

I think there's far too much sitting on the fence in this forum these days, why don't people just say what they think  :D

Actually I think Sabre is closer to the truth than you give him credit for BM. When we left Torres out at Pompey and Rafa got hammered, he left him out the next game as well. He switches Gerrard to the right on Saturday knowing he will get hammered for it (not by me of course) and then pulls him off, making the statement that he's the man in charge and nothing will deflect him.

It's all very well, but as I said in another thread this determination to make a point, to grab headlines isn't doing him any favours. Before anybody suggests otherwise I'm not saying the ONLY reason he does such things is to grab headlines, but I think there is a reluctance to be seen to be influenced by absolutely anything at all which is actually more of a weakness then a strength.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:32 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Gerrard, is our Ronaldinho, our Kaka, our best player, our star. In every other teams, I respect the managers who are not dominated by their stars, but they show they're in charge. So if Rafa thought that his player wasn't doing what he should, then, I can disagree the decission, but I respect the decission.

I think thats absolute boll0ks Sabre.

Where did this player become a star thing and a player like that dominate the manager all come from ?

Nowhere, thats your opinion and an opinion Sabre that IMHO is just being defensive for the manager, and for me thats totally clutching at straws for an excuse. Its almost as ridiculous as Rafa's post match comments about Gerrard.

You cant bring up some kind of "star" thing 'who dominates' the manager in a time like this, it doesnt was with me. You agreed the decision was wrong in taking Gerrard off, so dont try and defend it, its desperate mate.

I was comparing Gerrard with them in terms of impact, quality, not in terms of attitude.

ROnaldinho wasn't summoned for his last league match because he made a night out dancing in wednesday, our captain's attitude is not like that, it's very professional, the manager said this week he's working hard, and defended him from criticism.

So do not get me wrong, I'm saying he's important in terms of football, it was a praise, not a dig to his attitude, which is spotless.

All I'm saying is that I respect the fact Rafa's able to sit down even the most important man if he feels it's the right thing to do, despite I disagree the decission in this case.

Excuse me for not joining the chorus , but I wasn't trying to write a dig about Gerrard, in fact I always had the trust this weeks that he'd come to his best soon enough, and yesterday he was crucial.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:42 am

bigmick wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I think thats absolute boll0ks Sabre.

I think there's far too much sitting on the fence in this forum these days, why don't people just say what they think  :D

Actually I think Sabre is closer to the truth than you give him credit for BM. When we left Torres out at Pompey and Rafa got hammered, he left him out the next game as well. He switches Gerrard to the right on Saturday knowing he will get hammered for it (not by me of course) and then pulls him off, making the statement that he's the man in charge and nothing will deflect him.

It's all very well, but as I said in another thread this determination to make a point, to grab headlines isn't doing him any favours. Before anybody suggests otherwise I'm not saying the ONLY reason he does such things is to grab headlines, but I think there is a reluctance to be seen to be influenced by absolutely anything at all which is actually more of a weakness then a strength.

Big Mick I thin thats absolute boll0ks too.  :laugh:

Your thinking behind what Rafa did may well be right, but for Rafa to do that is boll0ks.

So what your saying is that he is the complete opposite to Sven Goran Errickson who bowed down to media pressure. Its dangerous both ways mate, doing what the media and fans tell you i.e Sven, then doing the complete opposite to do what the media and fans want.

If he is doing this to prove a point for his own ego or something then I'll go on line as saying this is not for the good of LFC. A personel vendetta between him and the media to prove he's right, that isnt for the good of the team, I'm sorry. Like Rushie#9 said it was very Houllier-esk of him in his IMO pathetic response.

We havent played with heart recently, we needed heart especially in a local derby and from a local lad. If we needed possession as much as Rafa said, why not haul Momo off. It was hypocrisy at its finest. When the team needed the injection and confidence Gerrard began to step up to the plate for the stubborn manager to bring him off. However you dress it up its still boll0ks.

If Rafa was out to prove a point, then surely he did that by playing Gerrard wide right.

His decision was shocking, and IMO there is no point in trying to defend or justify it, like I said its desperate.
66-1112520797

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 am

The game wasnt terrible to be honest. Rafa taking Gerrard off was absoulety crazy why he did it i have no idea and had we drawn or lost we would be hearing people calling for his head.

Two penalties which saved us but arguably they both would have been goals had the fail not been made.

The only reason i can think he took Gerrard off was because we have a CL game in the week and then arsenal next sunday.

Well we got the 3 points thats the main thing. Bring on arsenal

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:04 pm

If Rafa was out to prove a point, then surely he did that by playing Gerrard wide right.

He didn't play Gerrard wide right , he gave him license (in his own words pre match) to play "wide right, in the middle and going forward" , and sure enough Gerrard played wherever he felt like, perhaps thats one reason Rafa took him off , if thats the case I'm even more baffled as Gerrard was only doing what Rafa had apparently given him permission to do.

As I've said before the problem when Gerrard is penciled in at RM but given license to wander is that we inevitably end up with only one player (poor old Finnan) manning our right flank as Gerrard goes walkabout.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:09 pm

well , i feel the leiva 1 wud have been a goal but stevie Gee , surging run wud nt have been as the ball was at his left foot and his left foot does not have the power his right does , lucky hibbo pulled him down and the ref pointed to the spot :p

Yes mate i agree with u it was not a bad performance but we only stepped up in the 2nd half and when they were down to 10 men
The worrying think is not all teams are gonna get man send off against us so its gonna be 11 vs 11 , the lads need to step up and show what it means to play for a great club with so much history.
We cannot keep depending on 1 player, like torres,alonso and agger , when they were injured it was obvious that thy were missed , i feel that all the players need to step us and show rafa what they are made of , the only player who is first on his line up almost every pl game is jamie. we need to stop dropping needless points like against pompey who we were lucky to escape with a point .

On a lighter note , we will have alonso, kewell , agger N torres back , whether they start against arsenal , its another thing but their return will surely raise morale. I am a big fan of kewell and i really hope in this 6 months left on his contract or so , i hope he shows his true skill. When he was not injured , he was superb , probably our best left sided winger we have ever had , gonzales never adapted into that role and riise is not a natural left midfielder. Agger is whom we have really missed , sami was a great defender in his prime but now that he is old , his alck of pace will cause us problems like against pompey , utaka was all over him , i shudder to think how would be adapt if we lost another centre back, teams will exploit the lack of his pace and that will hurt us tremendously.

Mick was this what u wanted right mate? a super l0ong post explaining everything :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:15 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

He didn't play Gerrard wide right , he gave him license (in his own words pre match) to play "wide right, in the middle and going forward" , and sure enough Gerrard played wherever he felt like, perhaps thats one reason Rafa took him off , if thats the case I'm even more baffled as Gerrard was only doing what Rafa had apparently given him permission to do.

As I've said before the problem when Gerrard is penciled in at RM but given license to wander is that we inevitably end up with only one player (poor old Finnan) manning our right flank as Gerrard goes walkabout.

Well he may of not played him right then and given him a license to roam. But that must be the reason Lescott was having a a field day down our right hand side.

The license the roam thing, For me the game was a game of two halves in that respect. First half Gerrard naturally went inside (central) with Momo and Mascha. It got way to conjested and narrow. It played into Evertons hand as they were able to stay a tight unit that way, us, we had no width on the right, never stretched them. While they had Lescott a full back I think in acres of space.

The second half it looked better, but for me a large part of Gerrards "license" was due to the fact they went down to 10 men, and kept two up top. The game opened up due to Moye's tactics and decisions iMO rather than Rafa's.
66-1112520797

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:15 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Mick was this what u wanted right mate? a super l0ong post explaining everything :)

:laugh:
30 posts in less than 6 hours , you must be f'ucking exhausted mate, go and have a lie down.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 pm

When he was not injured , he was superb , probably our best left sided winger we have ever had

I think you should qualify this statement mate or do you really think he was better than Barnes? :D
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:18 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Mick was this what u wanted right mate? a super l0ong post explaining everything :)

:laugh:
30 posts in less than 6 hours , you must be f'ucking exhausted mate, go and have a lie down.  :D

not really bro thats 5 post a hour , i just post alot cos i only use com during the weekends till my exams are over  :D
Thx for the concern though

AND yes i do agree that when he was not injured he was probably our best winger apart from barnes
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:21 pm

s@int wrote:
When he was not injured , he was superb , probably our best left sided winger we have ever had

I think you should qualify this statement mate or do you really think he was better than Barnes? :D

or Heighway  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 pm

or yea forgot abt him 2 .. dam it when is the pool vs everton game coming out on you tube .. At least i've got 1 more thing to look foward to this weekedn , F1

Go hamiltion beat the sh!t out of alonso:p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion