Post match depression - Warning not happy clappy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Scottbot wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that had we won yesterday, the mancs and Chelsea would have gone on to do the same? It's just seems to be that kind of season :D

Was thinking that to be honest.  Our result yesterday could easily have had a direct effect on the performances of both United and Chelsea in their games.  It's turning out to be a really strange season and very unpredictable, I bet the bookies are hating it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Sabre wrote:Today is a day for Dossena bashing.

Another classic Sabre quote :D  :D  :bowdown
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:48 pm

cant help but feel theres a bit of destiny in this for us now. How many times is this Chelsea have dropped points at the same time as us.

20 years after Hillsborough....lets do it for them!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Before we start rejoicing, we have thrown away eight points against lower teams at Home. Even if we'd managed to win two of those, we'd be clear now and looking like good things. Those draws will be the factor if there is one, which ultimately cost us the title. In the second half of the season we have to play those four teams away, that might be a bit trickier.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:20 pm

bavlondon wrote:It is still depressing knowing we could be even further at the top had we done the business yesterday.

yep lets all be negative.For christ sake we are still top and i'ts nearly xmas!!! :no
roberto green

Postby Zidane » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:21 pm

What a season this is turning out to be, so far at least.
Zidane

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Whenever anyone makes a decent point people just come up with ''Still top of the league'' . . Its not good enough thou!! We have dropped points at home to shitty teams when we could have gone clear at the top, Now we have a hard run of games comming up playing both Arsenal and Newcastle away that we could lose points . . . Chelsea play Everton,West Brom and Fulham in there next 3 games and i expect them to win them all, That would leave us playing catch up!

Sort it out Rafa and play your strongest side before we get punished.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:Whenever anyone makes a decent point people just come up with ''Still top of the league'' . . Its not good enough thou!! We have dropped points at home to shitty teams when we could have gone clear at the top, Now we have a hard run of games comming up playing both Arsenal and Newcastle away that we could lose points . . . Chelsea play Everton,West Brom and Fulham in there next 3 games and i expect them to win them all, That would leave us playing catch up!

Sort it out Rafa and play your strongest side before we get punished.

Yeah we have dropped silly points against lesser teams but we have compensated this year by winning against our main rivals and guess what

"WERE STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE" gloom merchant :eyebrow
roberto green

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:28 pm

john craig wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that had we won yesterday, the mancs and Chelsea would have gone on to do the same? It's just seems to be that kind of season :D

Was thinking that to be honest.  Our result yesterday could easily have had a direct effect on the performances of both United and Chelsea in their games.  It's turning out to be a really strange season and very unpredictable, I bet the bookies are hating it.

I'm hating as well.

Liverpool and chelsea were part of my 6 match accumilator!

:down:
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Last season the mantra which got chanted long after it had all gone pear-shaped was "but we're unbeaten". This year it's "but we're top of the league". Like it doesn't matter that you can't beat Hull, west Ham, Fulham etc at Home, "but we're still top of the league"  :) Anyway, we are and it's peachy. It's just that some of us think that dropping so many points at Home against the teams mentioned may come back to haunt us in the ned.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 pm

bigmick wrote:Last season the mantra which got chanted long after it had all gone pear-shaped was "but we're unbeaten". This year it's "but we're top of the league". Like it doesn't matter that you can't beat Hull, west Ham, Fulham etc at Home, "but we're still top of the league"  :) Anyway, we are and it's peachy. It's just that some of us think that dropping so many points at Home against the teams mentioned may come back to haunt us in the ned.

But were still top of the league!!!! :rasp  :rasp  :rasp  :rasp
roberto green

Postby taff » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Absolutely gutted with yesterday but cant believe todays result.  As I ve said on another topic I thik that the weird state of the table in the bottom half has teams already playing like they are in relegation battle.  The only positive we can take from this weekend id Torres is closer to returning and somehow we are still top of the league
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:42 pm

Not that big depression after all, it was a cured by the "drawatStamfordine" pill. :D

For me, it's more natural this scenario of multiple surprises than the ease that Manchester and Chelsea had to win games in previous seasons. It's more natural scenario because that's what you'd expect from the strongest league at the moment.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:11 pm

would have still been nice if we had beaten hull but aslong as the others drop points to all is good :)  .. consistency is crucial now on. I really think mancs and chelsea will not drop many more points. Most consistent team will obviously win. lets pray its us
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Sabre wrote:Not that big depression after all, it was a cured by the "drawatStamfordine" pill. :D

:D lol Sabe - I was like a raging bull in here yesterday- enraged by some of the doomsday predictions on these pages - I didn't get a chance to be depressed about the Hull result...  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion