Post match depression - Warning not happy clappy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Normally when I read in newkit that someone has been awful I don't believe it, because I often found later it was an exageration.

But Dossenna yesterday really dispaired me. It's not only he was shíte, he was worse than that. It's pathetic you offer the man you're taking to come to the left (turning your wrist for that to start running quicker), and that man actually doing that, winning a lot of distance in 5 steps, and making a comfortable cross with no opposition.

Hyypia headed badly in that set pieces situation? Yes, but look where that situation came from, Hyypia in the left covering someone else's position, he had to do that foul.

So, sorry mates, when it comes to players today is not a day for Hyypia bashing or Kuyt bashing, especially considering both of them have done decent seasons so far (Kuyt even wasn't insulted any more!). Today is a day for Dossena bashing.

He's not cráp, but not for this English football. He just doesn't have the right mind and the right attributes for this football, and he doesn't seem to care much about it. Yes, I know it, Rafa bought him: he was wrong, as far as I can tell.

As for the depression, I'm not depressed. I think no one can expect seriously to win the league by being on top all the season. We can be 2-3 points below at some points of the season. Similarly, I don't expect to not pay the price of not having Torres. So we're under a bliip, but I have trust in this team bar dossena.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:31 pm

many surpises could be in store this season. aston villa doing well and who knows may finish forth. Going to be an interesting season
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm

bigmick wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:IF (and its a big IF by the way) West Ham by some miracle manage to get a point against Chelsea then this weekends results make NO DIFFERENCE at all, and will make the result meaningless.

Well in terms of the table, short term yes it will. Normally though that you have to get somewhere in the low to mid eighties of points to win the title, and it follows that if you don't win matches that you should then you are going to have to pick the points up somewhere else.

This what we've done so far, in beating the Mancs at Home and Chelsea Away. It is entirely possible that we'll beat all the big four teams Home and Away, but it's unlikely I think. Both the Mancs and Chelsea have lost to us but have made up the ground by efficiently beating lesser teams. Failing to do that and then depending on being able to beat the big four clubs is leaving yourself a mountain a climb, and a steep one at that.

The fact that we didn't beat Hull today simply means we'll have to pick up the two points somewhere else. Arsenal away would do the trick, but should we lose there these Home draws really do come into sharp focus.

West Ham 1 up!  :wwww
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:IF (and its a big IF by the way) West Ham by some miracle manage to get a point against Chelsea then this weekends results make NO DIFFERENCE at all, and will make the result meaningless.

Well in terms of the table, short term yes it will. Normally though that you have to get somewhere in the low to mid eighties of points to win the title, and it follows that if you don't win matches that you should then you are going to have to pick the points up somewhere else.

This what we've done so far, in beating the Mancs at Home and Chelsea Away. It is entirely possible that we'll beat all the big four teams Home and Away, but it's unlikely I think. Both the Mancs and Chelsea have lost to us but have made up the ground by efficiently beating lesser teams. Failing to do that and then depending on being able to beat the big four clubs is leaving yourself a mountain a climb, and a steep one at that.

The fact that we didn't beat Hull today simply means we'll have to pick up the two points somewhere else. Arsenal away would do the trick, but should we lose there these Home draws really do come into sharp focus.

West Ham 1 up!  :wwww

1-1 anelka
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm

There is a god 1-1 hahahahahaha
:D  :D  :D  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm

West Ham have obtained the miracle point at the Bridge :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:55 pm

still top of the league
JoeTerp

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Benitez is a lucky COACH..............  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

It is still depressing knowing we could be even further at the top had we done the business yesterday.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Cheer up mate - what's done is done. End result is that we have been lucky not to suffer.

There is still hope :)
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby zirgoz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:03 pm

woo hooo... still top.
zirgoz

Postby redhayesy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Petar wrote:what to say? it is ridiculous... I predicted everything in pre match disscussion,except the result!
two holding midfielders,one striker.
We threw all of our big chances. These Yanks are morons,but only because they gave contract to Rafa before the end of the season. If we don`t win the league I don`t want to see these line-ups,late useless subs,players out of position,cautious play,two holding midfielders nowhere near Anfield.

Really,this line-up was for Barca away,FFFFS! How he can not see obvious things? Just how?

hahahaha to some people on here... They can not see that things will not change for 150 years and they have blind faith. You are not good fans,you are stupid ones!

up yours!! we are still top of the table -never stop believing!!

feck the doom & gloom your posts are fecking depressing.

i'm going for a few ale's to celebrate - we are top, hopefully to stay.  :D
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Bam wrote: :no

UNFECKINGBELIEVABLE !

no it's true mate we are still top of the table!!  :D   :buttrock

never stop believing!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Fo Dne wrote:...Arbeloa's the best in the league, Carraghers the best in the world....

walk this way
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Does anyone else get the feeling that had we won yesterday, the mancs and Chelsea would have gone on to do the same? It's just seems to be that kind of season :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion