Possibilities on coming 2nd - Well, chelsea wont slip up will they?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:45 am

alvin98 wrote:
Lee J wrote:I can see chelsea losing at least 6 games between now and the end of the season. I can also see Liverpool not losing any and finishing top. Here my top of the table come the end of the season...

1   Liverpool
2   Wigan
3   Spurs
4   Chelsea
5   Man utd

Relagated - Everton, West Brom and Middlesboro

wigan 2nd & spurs 3rd??? joke of the year :D  :D  :D

My Predictions.

1- Chelsea.
2- Man Utd.
3- Liverpool.
4- Arsenal.

He was taking the :censored:

Us coming second will seem more realistic when they draw or lose away to Man City next weekend; and we beat Spurs
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:53 pm

I think we stand a very good chance of finishing 2nd.
Houllier=LFC

Postby shanks » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:23 pm

good chance as manu 2 games in hand we are playing better than manu
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bbw » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Liverpool could win! If Chelsea lost one game between now and mid-Feb, and Liverpool maintain their unbeatability, it would start pundits speculating about a possible catch up.

This would render Chelsea slightly vulnerable, meaning they could lose their next game, or their next game but one. And if Liverpool still maintain their run, this would bring them closer in points to them.

And by the time Liverpool meet Chelsea, they might be able to either catch or overtake them if they win!

So, it looks like Chelsea will win the league. BUT, if they lose in the near future, they may wobble, and if Liverpool can hit them while they are vulnerable, they very well may succumb to Los Rojos!

In fact, I am going to stick my neck out and say that this is what is going to happen! Chelsea will wobble, Liverpool will attack and overtake them. Scoff now, or scoff later, but keep this post in mind! And keep your eye on Chelsea losing over the next 4 weeks.
bbw

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:00 pm

bbw wrote:Liverpool could win! If Chelsea lost one game between now and mid-Feb, and Liverpool maintain their unbeatability, it would start pundits speculating about a possible catch up.

This would render Chelsea slightly vulnerable, meaning they could lose their next game, or their next game but one. And if Liverpool still maintain their run, this would bring them closer in points to them.

And by the time Liverpool meet Chelsea, they might be able to either catch or overtake them if they win!

So, it looks like Chelsea will win the league. BUT, if they lose in the near future, they may wobble, and if Liverpool can hit them while they are vulnerable, they very well may succumb to Los Rojos!

In fact, I am going to stick my neck out and say that this is what is going to happen! Chelsea will wobble, Liverpool will attack and overtake them. Scoff now, or scoff later, but keep this post in mind! And keep your eye on Chelsea losing over the next 4 weeks.

does bbw stand for blue bullshi.tting w@nker?
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bbw » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:15 pm

Effes wrote:does bbw stand for blue bullshi.tting w@nker?

Absolutely not. We all think Chelsea are invincible without realising how easy it is for us to change our minds on the subject. One loss soon and they could wobble. Another loss and an opportunity is there for Liverpool. Believe.

Remember Arsenal, the invincibles?
bbw

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:16 pm

Really
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:46 pm

i think 2rd in the prem is more relistic,not saying i wouldnt be over joyed if we piped chelski because i would, i think we stand a better chance winning the champion leagues this season or retaining it ,i would settle for that this season then next win the prem.   :D
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1136150807 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:59 pm

bbw wrote:Liverpool could win! If Chelsea lost one game between now and mid-Feb, and Liverpool maintain their unbeatability, it would start pundits speculating about a possible catch up.

This looks as though it could be the first 'revenge' attack on the forum, from Manc supporters after certain members  :suspect: invaded and took the p*ss on their site!

I could be wrong of course!!

:Oo:
72-1136150807

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:59 am

Effes wrote:My excuse for this thread is that I work 12 hour shifts, so need to pass the time.

I was looking at the odds for winning the Premier WITHOUT Chelsea:
Mancs 4/7, LFC 7/4     (Bet365) We're 2/1 with Blue Square

I've looked at the games that Man U and us have got left and given expected points. Being favourable to Mancs so as to look at the worst scenario:-

Man U AWAY: Wins: Bburn, Portsmouth, Wigan, WBrom,
(8 games)     Draws: Man City, Bolton, Spurs, Chelsea 
Yes, a draw at Chelsea is saying a lot.

Man U HOME: Out of 9 games they could win 7 and draw 2 including against us

LPOOL AWAY: Wins: Wigan, WHam, Portsmouth, Charlton
                 Draws: Man U, Ar.znal, Newcastle, BBurn, W Brom
                 Loss: Chelsea

AT HOME: Ar.znal is the only "tough" game so out of 9, win 8 draw 1

This in short is what these remaining games look like in league format.

HOME                    AWAY     PTS      TOTAL PTS
                W   D    L            W   D   L   
LPOOL        8    1    0            4    5   1      42             83
MANCS       7    2    0            4    4   0      39             83

So, the way I look at it. Liverpool FC are on course to finish at least level on points with the MANCS.
Of course a lot can happen between now and May and OF COURSE, we've got the Champs League factor with them being able to concentrate on the Premiership and our form after Champs League games.

Anyhow, if we keep our form going 2nd position looks a good possibility and at 2 to 1 - a very good bet.

Hope I haven't totally bored you, but I'm in work and it's better than working!!

I know some of the predictions were OTT, but a very significant day today with the mancs losing too.

We're now 11-10 to come second.

Let's hope next Sunday is just as good
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:07 am

Come on the sunderland.....well you have to live in hope :p
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:37 am

Dundalk wrote:Come on the sunderland.....well you have to live in hope :p

Maybe Le Tallec will finally come out of his shell and do us a favour?  :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby matrix » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:54 am

im not getting carried away but chelski will be watching over there shoulders at us..were there only threat now...if we can win the northern battle we have a chance for the title  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:46 am

I am confident that we will finish 2nd this year unless we fell asleep for these 2-3 months. I think we are doing well and the team is in good spirit. Good manager is in the camp. And I think our dressing room is good. We need to maintain our consistency. Hope RB managed to get a right sided midfielder and of course, if we can bring in 1 prolific striker then next year we'll be the champion....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat May 27, 2006 7:31 pm

Effes wrote:This in short is what these remaining games look like in league format.

HOME                    AWAY     PTS      TOTAL PTS
                W   D    L            W   D   L   
LPOOL        8    1    0            4    5   1      42             83
MANCS       7    2    0            4    4   0      39             83

I know this is sad but crikey I was close; with Man U finishing on 83 and us on 82pts.

:wwww
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion