PORTSMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL - build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Weve played 4 won 3 and drew 1 thanks to a sh!t mistake by the ref. Conceded only 2 both being penalties and scoring 11. Torres has been a great scorer for us scoring 3 goals in 4 games. I expect too see gerrard play as he played on saturday for england and is likely to play wednesday.

Portsmouth are a good team but Campbells out for this game im sure and he is what makes there defence solid. Ill be really happy if we win this one by any score. But im going to go with 2-1 Torres and Gerrard

Reina

Finnan
Agger
Hyypia
Arbeloa

Pennant
Mascherano
Gerrard
Leto

Torres
Crouch/Voronin

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:08 pm

just hope finna and gerard will be ok for the match.

Portsmouth are not as good as everyone thinks. they were absolutely woeful against the gooners and with the way we play football this season we reall should be beating teams like this.

Torres and Veronin should start up front but id play babel, hes got the confidence after a good recent goal and if it aint broke dont fix it.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:22 pm

Portsmouth will be a test for the Reds to get back into their stride against a good mix of youth and experience. They´re going to be top ten contenders by the end of the season and these are the exact type of teams that we have to roll over and take all 3 points both home and away. The lads need to come out firing and go for goals. I wouldnt be surprised however if it ends up 2-1 to the Mighty Reds after a dour game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:02 pm

The main issue regarding this game is inevitably going to be whether Gerrard starts the game or is on the bench.

Now I'd start him every single game if he's fully fit but after he plays on Wednesday, is he up to playing 3 games in a week (England, England, Liverpool) at a high level, especially after his injury lay off?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:27 pm

I think Portsmouth won't be an easy team to beat. When we played them in the Asia thing, they seemed to be content with throwing men behind the ball for 90 minutes. We bossed them, though. And Kuyt fluffed a lot of chances. Regardless, we should pick up three points here. They havn't been introduced to Babel, Benayoun and an on form Torres yet. A comfortable 2-0 I say. If we win this game without getting into second gear, all my doubts on our away form will be eased somewhat.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:15 pm

I have heard that Carra could be fit for this match, I just hope he doesn't try to come back too soon.

Reina

Arbeloa  Hyypia    Agger   Riise

Mascherano   Alonso  Sissoko

Kuyt       Torres       Babbel

Reds to march on with a 2 -0 win, maybe Kewell on for last 20 mins!
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:19 pm

"Oooooooooh Play Up Pompeii!!!!!"

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:29 pm

reina

finnan       hyppia/carragher                 agger           arebola

benayoun            sissoko          mascherano              pennant 

torres         crouch

subs

alonso
babel
voronin
gerrard
hyypia/carragher

benayoun & crouch have always preformed well against portsmouth so ill give them the nod 4 this 1 we need 2 be stealy in the middle then introduce some class in alonso, babel, kuyt, voronin, gerrard( give him a lil rest) when the tired legs arrive

this is redbloods brother by the way i dont represent him  :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:35 pm

oh yeh concidering thsi is 1 article that most will read now id like 2 say ive been reading this forum 4 a couple of years now & i love it

keep up the good work regulars :)
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:23 pm

I think Gerrard will play, he pulled up against israel because of cramp, so as long as hes not injured on wednesday I think he'll start the match. Im not fielding a team because im saving it for the fantasy rafa doo dah seeing as I forgot the last match against derby !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:02 am

Reina

Arbeloa             Hyypia                  Agger          Riise

Pennat             Alonso                  Sissoko        Babel

Torres                    Kuyt

I think because of injuries to Finnan and Gerrard it might end up a little like that. Maybe Masch will feature and maybe Kewell too, be good to see him make an appearance and see how he's getting on.
Regardless, I think Pompey are decent side and can cause anyone problems on their day. That said they were woeful against Arsenal and with some early pressue I can us strolling to a 3-1 win.
Last edited by RedorDead on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 am

Have to say would be satisfied with a draw.... don't think portsmouth will be pushovers.

Also guess...

- Finnan won't be fit.  So riise might be playing LB. He is a weak link there ....no doubt about it.

- the scum mclaren rests hargreaves and carrick against Israel. And plays Gerrard who isn't 100% fit. You can be sure Gerrard will start against Russia. Seems Mclaren is only looking out for scums. Anyway....come portsmouth gerrard won't be 100% fit. So rafa might even bench him.

-  James always plays a blinder against us. If Kuyt and Torres ain't sharp enuff....it could be a frustrating day.

- Early kickoff from after international break.....thus rafa won't have enuff time to work with the squad.

In summary, as long as we don't get beat...i'm ok. A fugly 1-0 win will be a bonus  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:33 am

This international break is bad for the Premiership.

It really harms the momentum of anyone who is going well in the league.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:56 am

The_Rock wrote:Have to say would be satisfied with a draw.... don't think portsmouth will be pushovers.

Also guess...

- Finnan won't be fit.  So riise might be playing LB. He is a weak link there ....no doubt about it.

- the scum mclaren rests hargreaves and carrick against Israel. And plays Gerrard who isn't 100% fit. You can be sure Gerrard will start against Russia. Seems Mclaren is only looking out for scums. Anyway....come portsmouth gerrard won't be 100% fit. So rafa might even bench him.

-  James always plays a blinder against us. If Kuyt and Torres ain't sharp enuff....it could be a frustrating day.

- Early kickoff from after international break.....thus rafa won't have enuff time to work with the squad.

In summary, as long as we don't get beat...i'm ok. A fugly 1-0 win will be a bonus  :p

if we want to be champions we cannot be satisfied with a draw... portsmouth is a must win! no doubt they won't be pushovers... but we have to start thinking like champions if we want to be champions...

only thing i wanna know is whether gerrard will play... what do you guys think? cause i've got him as 'captain' on my fantasy league team... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:42 am

how is kewell going. is he fit and training? no news here in australia. most people think he just cant get into the first team thats y he isnt there
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion