PORTSMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL - build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:39 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:
s@int wrote:
Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:Thinking about it, maybe Mascherano wont be included for this game as he will only get back from Australia on Friday

I'd forgotten about that, good point . So with Gerrard resting (on the bench ?) and Mascherano jet lagged we're left with a So and So central pairing , Alonso and Sissoko.

.......... A so and so pairing thats as good as any other cm combo in the league!!!!!!

we'll win no worries, second half goals from kuyt & alonso

0-2

AlonSO and SisSOko  :D

ohhhh my bad lol,

:)

:D

At least one person in here knows what the f'uck i'm talkin' about.

Cheers Saint .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:48 pm

0 - 0 ...... Thats my pick.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:54 pm

If Gerrard does play on saturday then i dont expect him to play any part against Porto. Playing last saturday against Israel then wednesday v Russia Saturday against Pompey and i think porto will be too much all of this with a broken toe.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:35 pm

This match is a long time coming. The international break has gone on forever, it's doin' me nut in!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:50 pm

Right now back to what really matters now the internationals are over!

I think we'll win this 2:1 Torres and Pennant
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:52 pm

I dont think Gerrard will start saturday.  As hes played the full 90 mins allmost for that clever team.  I reckon he will go with Xabi and Momo in the middle of the park.   Im glad to see Kuyt hasnt played at all tonight.  So I can see him starting upfront with Crouch.   Torres on the bench, ready to come on if we need him.  Im really worried about Agger.  Taken of after 28 mins cant be good.    Does anyone no if Carragher is defo fit enough to play the weekend?

Its a hard game this one but I hope to god we manage to win.  I couldnt give a flying :censored: if we play bad but still win.

I can see at least one of the big four dropping points this weekend, an then next weekend we points will surely be dropped when man u play chelsea.  Tommorows game is crucial.   Come on the reds. Ill have a pop at 2 - 1 Xabi and Benayoun witht he goals.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:25 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I dont think Gerrard will start saturday.  As hes played the full 90 mins allmost for that clever team.  I reckon he will go with Xabi and Momo in the middle of the park.   Im glad to see Kuyt hasnt played at all tonight.  So I can see him starting upfront with Crouch.   Torres on the bench, ready to come on if we need him.  Im really worried about Agger.  Taken of after 28 mins cant be good.    Does anyone no if Carragher is defo fit enough to play the weekend?

Its a hard game this one but I hope to god we manage to win.  I couldnt give a flying :censored: if we play bad but still win.

I can see at least one of the big four dropping points this weekend, an then next weekend we points will surely be dropped when man u play chelsea.  Tommorows game is crucial.   Come on the reds. Ill have a pop at 2 - 1 Xabi and Benayoun witht he goals.

Agger is fine.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:42 pm

If Agger is out and Carra isn't fit enough yet, we may see Alonso at CB for this match (he played there against Crewe yesterday). Riise may be another who gets drafted in after a storming goal against Greece and a very good all round performance.
account deleted by request

Postby redsince2001 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:39 pm

carra and agger both fit .......
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:44 pm

As Kukilon said Agger is fine. This is what I think Rafa will go with (so it will probably be completely different :D ):

Reina

Arbeloa
Agger
Hyypia
Finnan

Riise/Babel (not sure which one, they both played the full 90 minutes during midweek internationals)
Alonso
Sissoko
Pennant

Kuyt
Crouch (not sure about this one either, but Torres also played the full international as far as I know, and big Pete hasn't played much recently, so should be ready and fired up against his former club)

I think Rafa will save Carra a bit yet, unless Hyypia is too tired after playing two qualifying matches for Finland. I also think he will have Stevie on the bench, and bring him on only if necessary or late on.

Prediction: a Reds win by a single goal.
JamCar05

Postby JBG » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:51 pm

This game is a real acid test for us as title contenders. Its been a graveyard in recent years for some teams, particularly Man UTD who had one or two bad defeats there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall Chelsea winning there on their way to winning their championships. Its one of those places where you need to go and win ugly.

A 1-0 or 2-1 win with us playing awful would do me fine and dandy.
Last edited by JBG on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:05 pm

The_Rock wrote:0 - 0 ...... Thats my pick.

:no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:59 pm

JamCar05 wrote:As Kukilon said Agger is fine. This is what I think Rafa will go with (so it will probably be completely different :D ):

Reina

Arbeloa
Agger
Hyypia
Finnan

Riise/Babel (not sure which one, they both played the full 90 minutes during midweek internationals)
Alonso
Sissoko
Pennant

Kuyt
Crouch (not sure about this one either, but Torres also played the full international as far as I know, and big Pete hasn't played much recently, so should be ready and fired up against his former club)

I think Rafa will save Carra a bit yet, unless Hyypia is too tired after playing two qualifying matches for Finland. I also think he will have Stevie on the bench, and bring him on only if necessary or late on.

Torres only played one full game, he should be able to play on Saturday [and same with Gerrard].
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:07 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:As Kukilon said Agger is fine. This is what I think Rafa will go with (so it will probably be completely different :D ):

Reina

Arbeloa
Agger
Hyypia
Finnan

Alonso
Sissoko
Pennant

Kuyt

Torres only played one full game, he should be able to play on Saturday [and same with Gerrard].

Before saturday Gerrard was 50:50 for england he has played against Israel and Russia so i think he needs a break 3 games in a week may prove too much.

Carragher and Agger should both start as they are both fit.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:36 pm

JBG wrote:This game is a real acid test for us as title contenders. Its been a graveyard in recent years for some teams, particularly Man UTD who had one or two bad defeats there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall Chelsea winning there on their way to winning their championships. Its one of those places where you need to go and win ugly.

A 1-0 or 2-1 win with us playing awful would do me fine and dandy.

we've not done too bad there under rafa to be honest. last season doesn't count as it was our reserve team. the season before that we won 3-2 down there in the league on the last day and 2-1 on our way to winning the fa cup.

agree with you though about this being an acid test, mainly because w've had two weeks off and there are still doubts over whether certain players will start the game or not.

the big test will be if we go behind. under rafa, when we go behind away from home, we've tended to capitulate. fortunately i just can't see thi team doing that. we have shown a lot more reslove already this season, villa away especially.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion