PORTSMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL - build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:21 pm

probably because we have europe next week, last season i would have been annoyed with so many changes, but this season its working as we have better players to change around.

but i agree that he leaves subs too late when we need to change a game
112-1077774096

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:24 pm

we will win this one
yossi and voronin will shine
and when its all done
Pompey will be blind

look at our bench
how strong it is
Pompey with fear are drenched
and in their pants they'll p!ss
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC1982 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Can someone keep me posted on whats going on in the game, I'm stuck out in the Falklands and the internet is w@nk out here so can't even get it on the radio, much appreciated!!!
LFC1982

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Oh dear the line-up hasnt given me any more confidence TBH, oh well.

C'mon the REDS !!!!
66-1112520797

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Torres on the bench  :veryangry

What the fu'ck is going on !

Jeseez H Christ , this is not about getting a result .

very disappointed in Rafa , Crouchie will do a job but for f'ucks sake we all wanna see Torres , don't we ?

:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 pm

peewee wrote:probably because we have europe next week, last season i would have been annoyed with so many changes, but this season its working as we have better players to change around.

Yeah, but we really should be getting the full treatment in the league this year. No ballsing about with the team and dropping points. This game should be a win regardless, but if it comes down to missed chances and late subs, it will be down to Rafa. This should be the team to play Porto IMO. I'd see this game against Pompey a higher priority.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 pm

Im sure we will see him maybe at half time. Remember most of these lot have played twice for their countries in the last week.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Well that selection has completely f#cked up my fantasy rafa standing. :angry:  :D

Crouch should be there thinking 'right, this is my chance to show Rafa what i can do'.

Crouch should put in a performance that gets him noticed for all the right reasons. If he scores and has an all round good game then it gives something for Rafa to think about but if he once again runs around like he doesnt give a f#ck then Torres is on the bench ready.

There is still enough quality to win the game. I don't agree with the selection but I can see why he's done it.
Last edited by stmichael on Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:28 pm

peewee wrote:probably because we have europe next week, last season i would have been annoyed with so many changes, but this season its working as we have better players to change around.

Thing is though Peewee I would of much prefered a stronger team here, and in the league. Then rotate and send that kind of team out against Porto. I think we should stick our strongest sides out in the league, and with the CL group stages Rafa does have flexibilty in being able to play a rotated team around, as its not a straight KO yet, ye know what I  mean ?

I reckon if we lose the shi.t will hit the fan .... monitor around here.
66-1112520797

Postby lio » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Rafa's putting in 2 'troubled' strikers, in this game.
Must have told them: "ok, now you go out there and let your legs to do the talking". :angry:

Rafa's more a psychologist than a football manager, isn't it?   :eyebrow
lio

Postby RedorDead » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:29 pm

I read that Torres was carryin a knock through the internationals.....maybe with Europe on Tuesday he's being rested. I always want to see him start but he just can't start every game. I'm pretty happy with the selection although would have liked to see Babel start. Still, with Gerrard, Torres and Babel to come on second half we have plenty of options!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of confidence in Rafa's selsection here to still win this game comfortably. Though Harry would have looked at that team selection and wiped a bit of sweat from his brow I think.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:32 pm

A little disappointed that Torres and Gerrard arn't playing but I think we still have enough to win this. I would have liked to see Babel given a chance as striker while Torres isn't playing but this is not the type of game to experiment in. I am a little worried that with Crouch playing we will change our game to accommodate him and play too many long hopeful balls, and without Gerrard we will have no one there to smash in the knockbacks.

Fingers crossed for a win
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:34 pm

Anyone know why Mascherano isnt even on the bench? Was Argentina playing during the last week?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:Anyone know why Mascherano isnt even on the bench? Was Argentina playing during the last week?

Yeah over here in Oz, I dont know if he played but somebody mentioned if he did then jetlag would be a problem.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion