Portsmouth v liverpool - 7/2/09  17:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Interesting info Sabre - I hope Torres doesn't play for Spain - do you think that's likely?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 pm

I think he will because after the Rafa meeting with Del Bosque, in which the demands of Rafa are known, if he doesn't play the Liverpool players whatsoever, Del Bosque will have to hear a lot of things about Country first, Club later and things like that.

I think Torres will play about 55 or 60 minutes unfortunately.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:43 pm

My post was not intended to be negative and I did say that I liked the fighting spirit and of course that I'm delighted with the win. I just don't think that win was completely down to Rafa, yes he made the rights subs but he left it a bit late didn't he and personally I would have liked to see those 3 players start the match! I would have at least liked to see Torres, Kuyt and Alonso come on at half time because towards the end of the first half we were not creating anything but Rafa never makes a sub before the 60th minute, I guess he's too stubborn or is there a good reason to always wait for the 60th minute that I don't know about?

Bottom line I'm delighted with the win but I think we made it harder for ourselves than we needed too and I still feel we have to up our game massively if we are to have any chance of winning the CL or the Prem, but as long as we can get these scrappy wins I'm a lot happier than when we were getting scrappy draws in January.  :D
heimdall

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:44 pm

heimdall wrote:My post was not intended to be negative and I did say that I liked the fighting spirit and of course that I'm delighted with the win. I just don't think that win was completely down to Rafa, yes he made the rights subs but he left it a bit late didn't he and personally I would have liked to see those 3 players start the match! I would have at least liked to see Torres, Kuyt and Alonso come on at half time because towards the end of the first half we were not creating anything but Rafa never makes a sub before the 60th minute, I guess he's too stubborn or is there a good reason to always wait for the 60th minute that I don't know about?

Bottom line I'm delighted with the win but I think we made it harder for ourselves than we needed too and I still feel we have to up our game massively if we are to have any chance of winning the CL or the Prem, but as long as we can get these scrappy wins I'm a lot happier than when we were getting scrappy draws in January.  :D

On the happy pills today lad? :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:47 pm

I agree the victory is not all down to Rafa. Neither are the frustrating draws. The things that often decide the frontier between draws and victories are moments of brilliance of Torres, gifts from the opposition, sitters missed... the players always have their very important share of importance, which is probably much more influential than Manager's decissions.

But subs at half time without injuries Heimdall? that's a big no no unless you got something very wrong or you have an injury.

It's a bad sign to makes subs at half time.

Perhaps you saw the things very difficult at half time and deemed necessary a change? IMHO, games are "worked out" or ripen and subs have to be made from min 60 and later.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Super Kuyt :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:08 pm

heimdall wrote:My post was not intended to be negative and I did say that I liked the fighting spirit and of course that I'm delighted with the win. I just don't think that win was completely down to Rafa, yes he made the rights subs but he left it a bit late didn't he and personally I would have liked to see those 3 players start the match! I would have at least liked to see Torres, Kuyt and Alonso come on at half time because towards the end of the first half we were not creating anything but Rafa never makes a sub before the 60th minute, I guess he's too stubborn or is there a good reason to always wait for the 60th minute that I don't know about?

Hiemdell im not being sarky here but without some of those strange decisions by Rafa the fans wouldnt of had moments like they did yesterday an a couple of times this season. Im still buzzin from it. It was great.

Im not even gonna read this thread. im that made up, In case that stupid gobsh.ite from Bosnia was prattlin on an puts me n a downer. Now for the Hammers to beat the Mancs
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:11 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Hiemdell im not being sarky here but without some of those strange decisions by Rafa the fans wouldnt of had moments like they did yesterday an a couple of times this season. Im still buzzin from it. It was great.

Im not even gonna read this thread. im that made up, In case that stupid gobsh.ite from Bosnia was prattlin on an puts me n a downer. Now for the Hammers to beat the Mancs

Well put Nanny. If any other team had done what we did they would have said it showed the grit and determination of the team. As it was us it was luck and poor tactics... great game!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

I keep reading this well yea we won the game, but we had to come back from down 2-1 in the last 5 minutes to do it, so Rafa had his skin saved.  If it would have finished 2-1, would it ahve been rafa's fault?  Kuyt's goal should have stood, Babel's miss was a tribute to Keane , we dominated large stretches of the game, and remember that early Bennayoun chance that he scuffed wide?, to me that chance was created by taking advantage of our formation (and two nice connected passes).   There first goal could have been flagged for offside, and their second was poor play by both carra and reina off a free kick that had nothing to do with the formation.

And might I remind everyone that we were without our two best players and our best leader.
JoeTerp

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 pm

There is no potential in Ngog. His very very average.  He may be only 19 but to me he totally out of his depth.  His 1st touch at times is sunday league standard he aint going to make it at Liverpool.
puroresu

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm

puroresu wrote:His 1st touch at times is sunday league standard

so is Kuyt's.  N'Gog must think its the fastest way to the first team  :D
JoeTerp

Postby redhayesy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm

"FECKING GET IN THERE" :D  :D  have you started the new thread yet mick!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeah, I'm a little late to this party but can I just add...

FECKING GET FECKING IN THERE YOU FECKING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:16 pm

puroresu wrote:There is no potential in Ngog. His very very average.  He may be only 19 but to me he totally out of his depth.  His 1st touch at times is sunday league standard he aint going to make it at Liverpool.

I thought he was ok at times, there was one move when he done a neat turn and passed it on but there was no one there. To be honest his first touch is no worse than Babels at times and everyone still seems to lick his a.rse.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Babel will get better with a more consistent role and so will N'gog.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion