Portsmouth v liverpool - 7/2/09  17:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby europian-kings » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:52 pm

My team would be :

Reina - Obvious reasons

Arbeloa - It was between Arbeloa and Carragherr and havin skrtel next to sami in midfield but Arbeloa is a natural right back and i think carra will play next to sami.

Carra - Captain for this game needs to rally the troops to victory.

Hyypia - Did fantastic against Crouch in the home fixture and won many ariel battles against him.

Aurelio - Best left back we have got imo and put in a decente ball against chelsea for nando to head home.

Mascherao - Not played aswel as last season but im sure it's not long until we see the old mash once again.

Alonso - If im not wrong his match suspension doesn't come in until the City game. There is alot resting on Xabi's shoulders with the absense of Stevie.

Kuyt - Rafa loves him so i think he will be playing :D

Riera - Best left winger we have got but his work will be cut out against glen johnson.

Benny - Think he can create alot from just behind the striker. Think back to Chelsea away in the champions league last season. I know he wasn't in this role but he had a very nice run before threading a ball to torres to equalise. He has been playing very well lately and deserves to start.

Torres - Looked nakered after everton game but hopefully he will be ok for this one. Without Gerrard he is the man who needs his scoring boots on.

Come on lads lets keep the pressure on united! They have west ham away which won't be easy!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:54 pm

I would maybe play Carra at RB and have Hyypia and Agger at CB's. Not sure whats going on with Agger though. Isnt Insua back yet?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:58 pm

definatly not carra at rb - he is ineffective there and we have seen that when he plays there - would like to see agger back thou but will expect to see sami play this to play against crouch
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:18 pm

I thought Carra done ok at RB whilst Arbeloa was out.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redbilly1960 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:30 pm

They are all must win games from here on in. I think even without Stevie we should easily beat a very poor Portsmouth.
Lets hope West Ham can do the business on Sunday.

Score - Portsmouth 0 - 3 Liverpool
                                     Riera
                                     Torres
                                     Torres
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:38 pm

We have won games, big games even without Stevie before and we can do it again. It's a good time to play Portsmouth as well.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:04 pm

europian-kings wrote:My team would be :

Reina - Obvious reasons

Arbeloa - It was between Arbeloa and Carragherr and havin skrtel next to sami in midfield but Arbeloa is a natural right back and i think carra will play next to sami.

Hyypia - Did fantastic against Crouch in the home fixture and won many ariel battles against him.

Aurelio - Best left back we have got imo and put in a decente ball against chelsea for nando to head home.

Mascherao - Not played aswel as last season but im sure it's not long until we see the old mash once again.

Alonso - If im not wrong his match suspension doesn't come in until the City game. There is alot resting on Xabi's shoulders with the absense of Stevie.

Riera - Best left winger we have got but his work will be cut out against glen johnson.

Benny - Think he can create alot from just behind the striker. Think back to Chelsea away in the champions league last season. I know he wasn't in this role but he had a very nice run before threading a ball to torres to equalise. He has been playing very well lately and deserves to start.

Torres - Looked nakered after everton game but hopefully he will be ok for this one. Without Gerrard he is the man who needs his scoring boots on.

Come on lads lets keep the pressure on united! They have west ham away which won't be easy!

I'd go with that lineup too...not that there's much of a choice!

But I'd have Kuyt on the right and move Alonso into Gerrards usual position, if we're going with the 4-2-3-1 nonsense.

If I had my way, I'd play 4-4-2 and put Benny on the right and play Babel through the centre with Alonso, then stick Kuyt up front to draw some flak off of Torres.

Arbeloa   Carragher   Hyypia   Aurelio

Bennayoun   Alsonso   Babel   Riera

Kuyt   Torres
tonyeh

Postby Raffmaker » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Is this game on Setanta? If so yipee I can watch on setanta by broadband. 7.99  a month, cool.

Im betting Rafa will play 4-5-1.   no gerrard, no drive, but i  expect we will struggle to break down pompey, despite their poor record. thats judging by 3 games v blue nose.

its a must win game. no excuses or expect to get ripped.
:love:
Raffmaker

Postby aCe' » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 pm

tonyeh wrote:

Reina - Obvious reasons

But I'd have Kuyt on the right and move Alonso into Gerrards usual position, if we're going with the 4-2-3-1 nonsense.

If I had my way, I'd play 4-4-2 and put Benny on the right and play Babel through the centre with Alonso, then stick Kuyt up front to draw some flak off of Torres.

Kuyt   Torres

im not sure babel has what it takes to play down the middle...
id start him upfront alongside torres with benny down the right, riera down the left, and mascherano and alonso in the middle... we'll probably have 80% of the posession yet again and could probably do with someone hitting the shots from outside the box.. which is where babel comes in...

kuyt to get a rest for this one and hopefully we play as many flair players as we can for this one to try and look better going forward...

should be a rather easy win but u never know i guess
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:21 pm

aCe' wrote:
tonyeh wrote:

Reina - Obvious reasons

Kuyt   Torres

im not sure babel has what it takes to play down the middle...
id start him upfront alongside torres with benny down the right, riera down the left, and mascherano and alonso in the middle... we'll probably have 80% of the posession yet again and could probably do with someone hitting the shots from outside the box.. which is where babel comes in...

kuyt to get a rest for this one and hopefully we play as many flair players as we can for this one to try and look better going forward...

should be a rather easy win but u never know i guess

i agree it could take a screamer to win this.
Alonso, Torres, Babel all capable of scoring outside the box
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Raffmaker wrote:Is this game on Setanta? If so yipee I can watch on setanta by broadband. 7.99  a month, cool.

Im betting Rafa will play 4-5-1.   no gerrard, no drive, but i  expect we will struggle to break down pompey, despite their poor record. thats judging by 3 games v blue nose.

its a must win game. no excuses or expect to get ripped.
:love:

yes mate setanta 1 5.30pm kick off
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Hope Portsmith not going to put 10 men behind like stoke. I agree to play hypia as he is the most dominat aerial defender we have. Should start Insua with Babel and Torres up front. IT is a good game to have those two to try and get more confidence back. Liverpool 2-0 portsmith.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby slickrick » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:56 pm

babel in centre mid? you havina laugh? your knowledge of football is obviously very low!

team should be same as last day with benny comin in for gerrard, end of! drop skrtel for hyypia? another daft suggestion!
slickrick

Postby Rorschach26 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 pm

.........................Reina........................

Arebola.......Carra...........Skrtel.......Insua

...........Mascherano.......Alonso..............

Babel..............Benayoun................Riera

.......................Torres........................
Rorschach26

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Rorschach26 wrote:.........................Reina........................

Arebola.......Carra...........Skrtel.......Insua

...........Mascherano.......Alonso..............

Babel..............Benayoun................Riera

.......................Torres........................

Insua is still in south America, and Rafa said toda that Alonso and Torres might not be fit.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion