Portsmouth v liverpool - 7/2/09  17:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_guy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 am

bigmick wrote:
red_guy wrote:i don't think we struggle against pompey.

It's all about opinions of course, but my guess is if you'd asked any Liverpool fan how they felt with five minutes to go and we were 2-1 down, they'd have said it was a wee bit of a struggle to be honest. Just a tad like.

yeaaahh... maybe you're right. But like i said, if we had decent strikers during the first half, getting goals wouldn't be a problem i guess. And if we score early ,the game would be different.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:54 am

Bam wrote:Bournmeth hey ? I bet you had a right bender with all those old Fogees :D

Atire in Bournmeth is, wear a white Hanky with four knots in the corners and stick it on yer head Beenie style. Where Jesus Creepers on ya feet but not forgetting the white socks underneath. Where a coffee and Werthers original stained vest as ya top, and a pair of stumpy shorts just to show off those Varicass veins. :D

Only Joking Scott.

Little fact time now, apparently the sand at Bournemath beach is taken from the Sahara deset ?

I think that rep is a little dated now dude. Trust me, there is no better place to Totty watch than Bournemouth on a Saturday night!!!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 am

...and the women in Bournmouth are all ex dock workers originally from Hull.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 am

Bigmick: None of us are managers. I'll always dismiss that idea that obvious fact must prevent us from posting our opinions. We do that for fun, not to be taken too seriously.

I do notice though, that sometimes Rafa gets this kind of criticism "How on earth Alonso was left on the bench" or "If we are to believe Alonso is carrying a knock"....

Excuse  me, but it's not logical that. No one can doubt Rafa preffers to play with Alonso rather than Aurelio. And sometimes, I stress sometimes, we should assume that if Rafa doesn't pick a player is because that player has a problem.

It's fair enough to say "I don't have to assume that". But then, it shouldn't be assumed he's just gone mad.

That is, the "you're not professional manager" comment is not on, and I'll always defend the right to post opinions. But sometimes, I think more cautiousness would be adviceable before saying a manager is mad. We simply don't deal with all the info.

Sometimes, like in Keane's case I can see that a situation is a debacle, in that case I don't know all the details neither, but I can tell that there has been a problem with a player, I can see that problem hasn't been solved, and I can see that as a consequence we have a weaker squad in the middle of the season, and I'll criticise him for that.

But if someone tells Rafa mad because he doesn't use Alonso and Torres, people must know Rafa knows those players a lot of years before than them, and he's the first one to like those players, in fact, he brought them.

In a nutshell: I never liked the "you're not a coach" comment, but I do think it's fair to ask some prudence (caution?) before saying someone is mad.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:44 am

Sabes, I'm not sure I ever said Rafa was mad. I may have said (infact I did say) the team selection was "bonkers" which in my opinion it was, but I never said he was mad.

I also said i agreed with leaving Toores on the bench, which was the biggest omission of all.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:48 am

I'm sure you didn't say he's mad, sorry if that came across like that.

I did try to say, that overall, when people talk about selectorial mistakes and talks about Rafa losing the plot (and not talking about you here but about dozens of members) a bit more cautiousness would be desireable.

I posted that to you for that matter, because I wanted to defend your right to post and dismiss -again- the notion of "you're not a manager FFS". :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 am

Ah it was only the basketball bloke it's no bother, no harm done.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:00 pm

basketball ? where has that come from Mick ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm

GYBS wrote:basketball ? where has that come from Mick ?

I think it was a game which originated in America, for tall people.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 pm

can we talk about bournemouths totty now ? :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Bam wrote:Bournmeth hey ? I bet you had a right bender with all those old Fogees :D

Atire in Bournmeth is, wear a white Hanky with four knots in the corners and stick it on yer head Beenie style. Where Jesus Creepers on ya feet but not forgetting the white socks underneath. Where a coffee and Werthers original stained vest as ya top, and a pair of stumpy shorts just to show off those Varicass veins. :D

Only Joking Scott.

Little fact time now, apparently the sand at Bournemath beach is taken from the Sahara deset ?

I think that rep is a little dated now dude. Trust me, there is no better place to Totty watch than Bournemouth on a Saturday night!!!

bournemouth stag nights site

looks good  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 pm

bigmick wrote:

:D

How come its been mentioned here thou ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:06 pm

bigmick wrote:

it was created by Dr James Naismith in 1891 at the YMCA training school, Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:28 pm

The team selection at the start was balmy imo. Not just because of who was left out, but because we only had three attacking players on the pitch. The rest of the side consisted of three centre backs, three fullbacks and a holding mifielder.

At the end of the day it was all about the result and we got it, eventually, after making it really hard for ourselves despite dominating the first half.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Judge wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

Only Joking Scott.

bournemouth stag nights site

looks good  :D

you wouldn't want to go judge there no gay bar on the night time activities  :rasp
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion