Poor momo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Any news on whats wrong with Momo?
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:35 pm

I did not think Momo had a particularly good game when I was watching the match but looking back this morning, he was everywhere, everytime Dinho got the ball - BAM, Deco - BAM, Xabi - BAM.

MOMO IS BOSS
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:39 pm

Keris wrote:I just love the guy. The amount of works he puts in, the way he nick the ball off people, reminds me of a certain patrick vieira. This guy is a gem.

He can be better than PV and he will ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Our best player last night. Not much good with the ball but excellent at winning it back.

I remember Desailly saying that he was told at Milan to win the ball and then just give it to the nearest Milan player. Same applies to Momo.

Has the potential to be another Makelele/Viera/Keane etc. We need him back. I think he is more important in away games though.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:54 pm

sissoko is a beast i love the boy, the way he runs round the pitch jumping into challenge after challenge means he is gonna pick up injuries all the way through his career but hopefully this one an any futures ones are not to serious because he is a force when he plays.

I was screaming at the telly when that mexican pri,ck was pusjing him on the strecher i wanted his blood, the cheeky fu,ck
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 pm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:59 pm

I cant wait to see momo play against arsenal....we need him the most against teams that pass the ball alot..he'll be everywhere in the pitch to break those passes down.
Elchris

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:04 pm

He's another one of those players that you don't realise just how good or important to the team they really are until they're out for a period with an injury. It reminds me of a few years back when Carra broke his leg at Blackburn, I know many reds who thought he was average (maybe even a liability) until he got injured and then he came back and we'd really missed him and now he's just so damn important to the team. Momo is exactly the same, we know how good he is but if he'd not been on that pitch last night I think we may have been looking at a very different result.

MOMO - Legend  :bowdown
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:11 pm

Totally agree RUSHIE. When we first signed him I was a bit curious as to who the guy was and how good he would be for us. But that's Rafa's knowledge for you in it! Now everyone knows who he is...an absolute legend
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby azriahmad » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:21 pm

I read in the Echo online that Momo has a shin injury and that it was not too serious, hopefully that would mean that he will be back soon.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:25 pm

The telling thing for me with Momo is the reaction of a player that he robs the ball from. Last night he was robbing their entire midfield, and almost every time their heads went down, or they unconvincingly tried to claim a foul.

He utterly demoralises opponents, rushes them and tires them out. If he gets better with the ball at his feet I genuinely feel that he'll surpass Viera at his pomp.

I hope the news on last night's injury isn't serious. Almost every time he plays he takes the game by the scruff, and with Gerrard out of form we definitely need that in the middle of the park.
ivor_the_injun

Postby azriahmad » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Momo, as good as he has been for us, is still a long way from emulating Vieira.

Patrick Vieira can hold the midfield, tackle and pass quite decently (although his passing ability is not as good as Alonso's) but let's not forget one thing Vieira had sone which Momo has yet to do - Vieira can break away and score goals, he chipped in with some crucial goals even from his very first season for Arsenal. This part of the game is what Momo is not able to do yet.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:27 pm

he is a long way from being in vieira's bracket but he is young and has time, plus just because they look like brothers doesnt mean they a the same type of player
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:35 pm

Should be back soon!

What a player this guy is..its no exaggeration to say he is the best in the league at breaking up play and winning the ball.He's been an amazing signing for us and probably one of the only players that could fill Hammans boots.Just think Everton wanted him when we signed him,thank fu.ck he picked the better part of Liverpool.
Exciting to see how much better he can get as well cause hes so young!

MOMO= LFC legend in the making! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby dutchman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:04 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:He's another one of those players that you don't realise just how good or important to the team they really are until they're out for a period with an injury. It reminds me of a few years back when Carra broke his leg at Blackburn, I know many reds who thought he was average (maybe even a liability) until he got injured and then he came back and we'd really missed him and now he's just so damn important to the team. Momo is exactly the same, we know how good he is but if he'd not been on that pitch last night I think we may have been looking at a very different result.

MOMO - Legend  :bowdown

Sorry Rushie but I'm not convinced with your line of thinking here. Momo's absence from the side this season happened to coincide with an upturn in our fortunes away from home, where for the first 4 or 5 games we only had Robbie's opening day pen against Seff Utd in the "Goals For" column. IMHO that's becuase Momo, great destructive player though he is, does not do enough coming forward - no goals and no assists, therefore easier to defend against - just about the opposite of Gerrard. I love him as a player don't get me wrong and he was superb last night - but SG needs to be in the middle to do what he is best at - Rafa needs to go for a 3-5-2 on a more or less permament basis with Momo guarding the back four but with Alonso and Gerrard in front of him - I can't think of too many teams that would fancy playing against Liverpool with that mix of players in that formation.
dutchman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion