Pool going backwards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:45 pm

leothelion wrote:SO TRUE MUST MANC SUPPORTERS ARE a##holes AND CANT GIVE AN HONEST OPINION ON ANYTHING ELSE I PERSONALY HATE MUFC BUT NEVER MIND SITTING DOWN TALKING TO A FAN OF ANY CLUB ONCE THEY CAN BE HONEST AND OBJECTIVE

Hear, hear.

I am happy to debate with any football fan, even Man UTD ones, but I simply cannot tolerate the blind arrogance of many Man UTD fans.

I think UTD are superb: Ferguson one of the top 5 or 6 managers of all time, Keane is probably the best Rep. Ireland player of all time, Scholes is excellent, as are Van Nistlerooy and Giggs. I also say that guys like Fortune and Butt are greatly under rated.

However, sometimes you get sick of the old "we're the greatest club in the world" nonsense. Nobody can claim that, but if you insist, I think Man UTD don't hold a candle to Real Madrid in terms of history, prestiege, glamour and success.

Its also an insult to our own club, which has its own glorious past, as well as tragedies far greater and deep rooted than the Munich disaster (which many a#sehole Man UTD fans harp on about Munich being the greatest ever tragedy in football: what about Hillsboro, Bradford etc, the 1949 plane carsh that killed the entire Torino team, which at the time was the best in Italy, or the plane crash that killed the entire Zambian team a few years ago).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:28 pm

You mean the same Real Madrid that has 9 European Cups? I believe we are second behind them in that list with four. In fact manu has a very average record compared to a lot of teams. Real Madrid has won the European Cup more times in the last six years than manu have EVER! Despite never winning the Premiership and manu winning so many, they are still behind us in total.

I agree manu have a good team but I believe they established themselves in the mid-90s and have had it relatively easy since. They have good players but some very average players too. I respect Scholes and Giggs but one or two of their other players lose my respect simply because they think every decision should go their way and have very bad attitudes. Many a time the manu players have mobbed the referee because of ONE decision going against them in a match. Anyone remember the match where manu were losing the game and the league title so Solksjaer sprinted to bring down a player clean through on goal? Those incidents stick in my mind and sum up the "win at all costs" attitude of manu and why they will never gain my complete respect.

Also manu's attitude after the Ferdinand hearing and verdict stinks. This isn't simply about Ferdinand and manu but about drug cheats in general. Whether guilty of drug taking or not, Ferdinand missed the test. Do they honestly believe he could be allowed to escape punishment? Every drug cheat in the country would conveniently forget to take the test and get off scot free. After all they themselves were trying to use a similar case to get him off. They'll be claiming it was a conspiracy next, just like the Arsenal brawl verdict
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion