Pongolle: rafa still has plans for me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:31 am

Florent Sinama-Pongolle claims Rafa Benitez has plans for him at Liverpool next season.

The French striker is spending the season on loan at Recreativo de Huelva and has impressed during his time in La Liga.

He scored against Real Madrid in midweek and has flourished since being allowed to play regular first-team football.

At Anfield, Sinama-Pongolle's chances were limited and he revealed earlier this month that he feared for his long-term future at the club.

But the France Under 21 international has now stated that Reds boss Benitez has a role for him at the end of his spell in Spain.

"Benitez wants me to come back at the end of the season," Sinama-Pongolle told RMC radio station.

Sinama-Pongolle joined Liverpool from Le Havre in 2002 and has scored nine goals in 63 appearances for the club.

Prior to joining Recreativo, he undertook a loan spell with Blackburn Rovers during the second half of last season.

Brilliant news if you ask me. I think the lad can still do a job for us. He's still only young. He's got pace and he knows where the goal is. He's proved vital for us in past seasons i.e. Luton in the FA Cup when he scored 2 goals to get us back in it and when he scored against Olympiakos in 2005 to getus back in that game. That season in 2005 when we had Baros etc injured he came in ans scored a few goals.

That lad is in great form at Recreativo and I hope it continues. He can still do a job for us. He is determined aswell which is good, he never complains when subbed and gives 100%.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:15 am

Aye plans indeed!!

1st fuc.king plane back to France:D
66-1120597113

Postby Dundalk » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:26 am

Get him back we could do with him
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:28 am

Dundalk wrote:Get him back we could do with him

Tea boy ? :D
66-1120597113

Postby Dundalk » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:30 am

Even that :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:07 am

I don't think he's good enough for us, tbh.

He could play a part as 4th/5th choice, but no more.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:23 am

Maybe Robbie's replacement - another possibility :D

Though if I was in that position, he could play in place of Lil Louis in the hole or an auxillery Right winger. If memory serves me correctly, he played a little bit down the right and didn't do a half bad job.

He could do a nice job, and though doesn't come up with sheer brilliance like Luis does at times, he won't frustrate as much either.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:20 pm

All the goals that hes banging in now in spain our doing his confidence alload off good.  I was one off these fans whio think he never at any stage got a decent run off games in the first team.  He would maybe score in one game then sit three out.  Where as other players such as Crouch didint score for how long i forget now but he was still playing.   I really like Pongolle, he helped us win the champions league and he should off got a winners medal before some other :censored: who then went on to give theres away.  But anywyas thats a different story. 

At the end off the day him scoring goals is knocking his price tag up a wee bit with every goal.  And I hope he does have a future here as I think he deserves it.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Crouchamania » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:53 pm

It's easier to score in la liga anyway because the pace is slower. Look at Morientes, he wasd the wrong side of :censored: 4 us and now look at him 4 Valencia. FPS however has pace which Nando didn't have. I don't think he's any better than any of our strikers though.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby columbia » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:17 am

murphy0151 wrote:All the goals that hes banging in now in spain our doing his confidence alload off good.  I was one off these fans whio think he never at any stage got a decent run off games in the first team.  He would maybe score in one game then sit three out.  Where as other players such as Crouch didint score for how long i forget now but he was still playing.   I really like Pongolle, he helped us win the champions league and he should off got a winners medal before some other :censored: who then went on to give theres away.  But anywyas thats a different story. 

At the end off the day him scoring goals is knocking his price tag up a wee bit with every goal.  And I hope he does have a future here as I think he deserves it.

learn how to spell "of".
columbia

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:18 am

columbia wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:All the goals that hes banging in now in spain our doing his confidence alload off good.  I was one off these fans whio think he never at any stage got a decent run off games in the first team.  He would maybe score in one game then sit three out.  Where as other players such as Crouch didint score for how long i forget now but he was still playing.   I really like Pongolle, he helped us win the champions league and he should off got a winners medal before some other :censored: who then went on to give theres away.  But anywyas thats a different story. 

learn how to spell "of".

leave it out mate. Don't argue on christmas.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:53 am

Pongolle is a top player who could do a good job for. But as we al know he requires regular first team footie if Rafa has plans for him next year thats gotta mean Fowlers out and maybe Sinima as the forth choice striker.

Having been 4-5th choice before and not to happy about it I can't see him sticking around unless he has a real bumper session and get 20-25 goals in spain

But were gon have to see.
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:19 am

Well, he's got 6 goals in 9 games this season, so he's clearly on a mission. He's already scored against Madrid at the Bernabeu, so we can't just put it down to easy games against Mickey Mouse teams.

If he keeps it up, we'd be stupid to discard him out of hand. I think we should watch his progress this season with interest. He's bulked up a bit, which is good to see, and it may be the case that one of Houllier's young guns is actually on the verge of fulfilling his potential. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:54 am

Scoring goals in the Spanish league is a whole different proposition to getting them in the EPL. I hope he does well over there, so that his value goes up when it comes to moving him on.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:26 pm

i think hel be great to keep,quick,skillful,good in the air and a good fiisher,i was watching (sky sports classics)the match when we beat olympiakos,on sky sports 1 there today,and wothout him i dont think we would have beat them in the second half,he held the ball up won a few corners and scored one IMPORTANT GOAL

I think tht hed be brilliant to keep...him,kuyt,bellamy and crouch,(if fowler doesnt get fit)
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion