Pongolle: rafa still has plans for me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby curly_whirly » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:07 pm

I like the guy, and i was sad to hear the new of him leaving, however if this is true then i'm pleased he is staying. I will never forget the game against the arsenal when he fooled Pires, deep in the left hand corner (of their half) with his trickery and left him cold. He scored a beauty against betis the other year in the CL which kicked things off nicely for us, and has scored some crucial goals.

I'm glad he is getting the games and goals, will build his confidence up no-ends, however it is a different skill/situation to score goals in the prem than is it in spain, however he has proved he can score them!

Talking about Luis, do you think he could be replacing him? ??? (just a thought!)

Oh and btw Merry Christmas to one and all!
- Curls -

*Hail Rafa - Long May He Continue!!*

Question - how can you start a topic? do you have to have posted a certain number of posts before you can submit a brand new topic? Also how do u add pictures to signatures?
curly_whirly

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:20 pm

Certainly at the time he left, he wasn't good enough for Liverpool. He didn't get lots of chances granted, but his diminuative stature seemed to be working against him in the hurly-burly of the Premiership, and a subsequent spell at Blackburn where he gradually progressed through the ranks downwards convinced most that this was a player out of his depth.

For my part, there were elements of huis game which I liked and others which were poor. Occasionally he would finish with real aplomb, in the manner of a really good young player. His movement too was impressive on occasions, the mind drifting back to the goal he scored at Luton in the cup where a clever little backtrack of two or three yards opened the door for the pass through to him, allowing him to sprint clear and open his body up for the finish. Too often though he'd drift away in a game, become invisible save for a tell tale bulge in the pocket of his marker. It was the acceptance of this situation which manifested itself in the casual shrug, or the impetuous booking which was final confirmation that this was one to trade in. Trade in Traore style to highest bidder, the nearest mug who stumped up some readies.

Young players though can prove you wrong. I haven't seen any English football recently let alone any Spanish, but if he is fit and scoring then for sure he is worth consideration. Fowler as many have said won't go on forever (though the feeling persists that before he calls time on his Liverpool career there will be a pivotal moment, an injury time winner in a big cup final, please God a Premiership clinching overhead kick at Old Trafford or something similar before the tides of time finally lap over his deck-chair), and he would represent a viable and sensible back-up to Bellamy which we currently don't have. Like the Welshman he is feisty and pacy, and if he has now matured as a player and as a man we should at least have a look before we offload him.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:10 pm

get him back!!! get crouch out!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:34 am

kop11 wrote:get him back!!! get crouch out!

NOB!

You cannot possibly compare the two - Crouch even with his limitations is a seasoned premiership forward, Pongolle; despite his gameness is not up to the job.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:47 pm

has sabre posted on how his game to game play has been in spain as rafa will have spies watching him

i've always felt that it is attitude and not aptitude that will let ping pong down
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion