Pongolle doesnt want to come back - Enjoys spain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:21 pm

puroresu wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Its not the first time hes said what he thinks either. Forget him i cant see him playing a part now in this team.

Wow sinama

a total of 5 goals, thats great mate  :bowdown

i bet you can even tie your own laces too eh?

if your Soo good why was it that you even flopped at blackburn, with league stats of 10 games 1 goal

He stats at Blackburn wasnt so good but his stats this season are actually 6 games 5 goals. He never started all those games either. U cant argue with that record so far.

In contrast Bellamy has 14 games and 4 goals.

Dont be so quick to shoot him down when infact his playing very well at his new club in his favoured position. Striker!!!

He hasnt slated the manager or the club.  His just telling it how it is.  He knows he cannot continue to not play on a regular basis and feels Liverpool isnt the place for him to further his career.  What is so wrong in saying that?

Yes, and Bellamy's stats in that very same team, with the same players, manager, fans, matches and conditions were 17 goals in 27 games. (Despite it being an injury-hit season for him.)

So that means Bellamy is a better goalscorer - end of debate.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crossy11 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:51 pm

I agree with you
crossy11

Postby puroresu » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:07 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
puroresu wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Its not the first time hes said what he thinks either. Forget him i cant see him playing a part now in this team.

Wow sinama

if your Soo good why was it that you even flopped at blackburn, with league stats of 10 games 1 goal

He stats at Blackburn wasnt so good but his stats this season are actually 6 games 5 goals. He never started all those games either. U cant argue with that record so far.

Dont be so quick to shoot him down when infact his playing very well at his new club in his favoured position. Striker!!!

He hasnt slated the manager or the club.  His just telling it how it is.  He knows he cannot continue to not play on a regular basis and feels Liverpool isnt the place for him to further his career.  What is so wrong in saying that?

Yes, and Bellamy's stats in that very same team, with the same players, manager, fans, matches and conditions were 17 goals in 27 games. (Despite it being an injury-hit season for him.)

Its not a matter of who is a better scorer right now.  Pongolle potentially has the talent to be a far better player than Bellamy.  Thats a fact.
puroresu

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:13 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Whats wrong with him telling people how he sees it, he hasnt slagged us off. Fair play to him I say, he never really got a look in, and I wouldnt begrudge him saying that.

Spot on, He's told things like they are. Liverpool has stunted his development as a player by letting him essentially rot in the reserves. I wish him all the best for the future.

Hobo, five goals is very good for the club he is playing for.
67-1161385641

Postby puroresu » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:16 pm

I was excited when we signed him.  He won the Fifa Under 17 World Cup Golden Ball (Best Player) & Golden shoe (top scorer) awards.  Looked like we got a right gem.
puroresu

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm

im annoyed that hes gone now,i always liked him,and i think he was treated unfairly after he helps us out last year against luton,i think he great,he has pace,skill,good finisher and good in the air,thats piised me off now :(
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm

He was a very good player as was Le Tallec, but Houllier left them in the reserves and they didn't gain the experience they needed to move up to that next level under Houllier. We signed them virtually youth players and we didn't give them enough opportunities and first team appearances to help them develop as players. Pongolle will never reach his full potential, he's in his early twenties, he should be an established player by now, having four seasons under his belt with Liverpool (playing regularly). If that happened we would of seen a very special player. It would be great to see him play for a big European team in a few seasons.
67-1161385641

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:23 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:He was a very good player as was Le Tallec, but Houllier left them in the reserves and they didn't gain the experience they needed to move up to that next level under Houllier. We signed them virtually youth players and we didn't give them enough opportunities and first team appearances to help them develop as players. Pongolle will never reach his full potential, he's in his early twenties, he should be an established player by now, having four seasons under his belt with Liverpool (playing regularly). If that happened we would of seen a very special player. It would be great to see him play for a big European team in a few seasons.

Playing regulary? ??????  :D
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:27 pm

Yes, you read correctly. Be proud young one, not many people your age can read like you. :laugh:
67-1161385641

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:37 pm

lol,i dont think he played regulary at all ,he didnt get a chance really?
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:42 pm

I would read my post again, mate, but cause clearly you've failed to understand my point.
67-1161385641

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:46 pm

Yeh ok i think i know what you mean
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:50 pm

Think it was too much too soon for Pongolle and unlike his compatriot Le Tallac he did show promise in his play.

To hold a regular place at a club like Liverpool at such a young age is very difficult. Pongolle will not be the first or the last.

At a smaller and less demanding club in Spain he can play without the intense pressure and express himself, start enjoying his football again.

Pongolle still has time to make it a big club and good luck to him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:25 pm

puroresu wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
puroresu wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:

Wow sinama

Its not a matter of who is a better scorer right now.  Pongolle potentially has the talent to be a far better player than Bellamy.  Thats a fact.

Give over.

He doesn't have it in the head for a start.

Another enigma - good one week out of seven.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Fair enough if he wants to stay were he is, so good luck to the fella. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext