Pongo joins blackburn - On loan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:18 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:To be fair, Pongolle is not too far from the truth.

We have more fans from outside Liverpool than Everton.

Everton may just have the edge inside Liverpool and the surrounding connurbations.

When I was in school, Red V Blue on the playground always seemed to be 10 reds versus 13/14 blues.

It was very much 50/50 in my school.

My mate is a teacher in a secondary school and he reckons it's now like 70/30 (reds/blues) - maybe that's an isolated case.
But I reckon more kids with neutral parents are picking the reds cos of the polarisation in success over the last 15 years.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:34 am

Pongolle is not coming back, the only way he will be back is if a buyer doesnt come in for him its goodnight Im afraid, along with his cousin ALT he wont be back either.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:43 am

Ciggy wrote:Pongolle is not coming back, the only way he will be back is if a buyer doesnt come in for him its goodnight Im afraid, along with his cousin ALT he wont be back either.

Did you hear anything concrete about that?

I can't see Le Tallec ever making it at Anfield.

Pongolle has a future though, if he's given the chance.

I also noticed Rafa's comments yesterday when he said that he was considering the "possibilities" of Liverpool players out on loan.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:47 am

JBG wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Pongolle is not coming back, the only way he will be back is if a buyer doesnt come in for him its goodnight Im afraid, along with his cousin ALT he wont be back either.

Well Ive heard he wont be coming back if no buyer comes in then he will have to, and its not for his recent comment either about Liverpool fans, more to do with something went on behind the scenes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 am

Ciggy wrote:
JBG wrote:

Well Ive heard he wont be coming back if no buyer comes in then he will have to, and its not for his recent comment either about Liverpool fans, more to do with something went on behind the scenes.

His comment about Everton got blown out of proportion, didn't it? After all, did Souness not once say that Everton were a bigger club than Liverpool?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion