Pongo joins blackburn - On loan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 pm

redmikey wrote:pongolle has been on ssn moaning about not getting enough chances and when they come he scores and gets dropped anyway.

I don't like player going to the media to voice there complains but the lad has a point, we are in abit of a striker drowt and when he has come into the team he has done well, only to be dropped out of the squad the very next game,

maybe there is more going on behind closed doors but i rate him higher than cissie upfront and on the right, he is more likely to turn a game than nando and is fitter and quicker than fowler even if he hasn't got the same finishing ability,

he will not have done his chances of coming back any good by having a dig at rafa on the tele, and we may lose a great young foward to a cr@p club like blackburn for hardly any money,  mellor will never make it but pongo has a chance.....

It would be uncharacteristic for a French player on our books to shoot his mouth off to the press regarding the manager's selecton process...
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:54 pm

He does have a point though all the same, I mean he was the only one that looks like scoring when he played.
He does have the capability to change a game when we needed goals, was also handy out on the right when called upon.
But his little outburst will do him no favours what so ever, I think we may never see him in the Liverpool jersey again now?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:58 pm

Ciggy wrote:I think we may never see him in the Liverpool jersey again now?

wouldn't say that cig, kewell's still here afterall :D
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:02 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I think we may never see him in the Liverpool jersey again now?

wouldn't say that cig, kewell's still here afterall :D

Yer but I just think he is a quality player to have on the bench, even though he was capable to offer us more than the other 3 are at the moment.
Maybe Crouch/Morientes and Cisse should have a few reserve games to start scoring, Pongolle kept dropping to the reserves never done him any harm.
Have to see how the rest of the season pans out for him at Blackburn, and Mellor at Wigan also.
But I think there will be a major overhaul come summer, and maybe only Crouch and Fowler will still be on the books.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:05 pm

Letting him go out on loan was strange but if I'm honest I think Pongolle, Crouch and maybe Fowler will stay at the end of the season with Nando and Cisse going.

I think Rafa will be under pressure to get rid of the big earners that underperform and get cash in to buy a quality replacement. Both are probably earning £50,000 per week.

Pongolle will stay IMO as the 3rd or 4th choice striker as he is probably only on a smallish wage that can be justified for a bench player. Plus he can also play out wide if asked.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:25 am

Got a friggen cheek, someone wants to have a word with him after saying this, deffo shot himself in the foot now with the Liverpool fans. :angry:

Liverpool's exile risks red wrath by singing the blues
By James Ducker

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,285-2034889,00.html

IT IS hard to envisage many circumstances when Everton supporters might cheer a Liverpool player, but Florent Sinama Pongolle could be afforded that dubious honour when he trots out at Goodison Park this afternoon blissfully unaware that he has paid the blue half of Merseyside perhaps the ultimate compliment.

Sinama Pongolle joined Blackburn Rovers on loan from Liverpool a fortnight ago, but despite claiming to know “all about the rivalry between Everton and Liverpool”, the Reunion Island striker made something of a faux pas yesterday when he suggested that the majority of Liverpool residents were Everton fans.

Like Manchester City fans who mischievously claim that the majority of Manchester United supporters are glory-hunters hailing from everywhere but Manchester, the issue of home-town allegiance is just as fierce on Merseyside, but while he can be excused for not knowing the extent of the rivalry, Sinama Pongolle’s comments play right into the hands of the Everton faithful, who have made a point down the years of calling themselves “The People’s Club”.

“I’ve been in this country for three years so I know all about the rivalry between Everton and Liverpool, but everywhere I go in Liverpool, the football fans I meet are all Everton fans,” Sinama Pongolle said.

“The bigger part of people in Liverpool all support Everton. Liverpool have fans in Europe and everywhere else, that’s why Anfield is always full. But when you go to Goodison, it is just full of Liverpool people. It is all Scousers.”

Sinama Pongolle was only half-joking when he said he expects to get “a very warm reception” at Goodison Park today, but it would appear a distinct possibility now, even if he does hope to “score the winner” for Blackburn.

Having endured 3½ largely frustrating years at Anfield, during which time he has made only 22 starts, Sinama Pongolle says he agreed to join Rovers on loan until the end of the season because he wants “regular games”. Given their troubles in front of goal of late, Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, may regret allowing the 21-year-old to leave.

The former Le Havre striker remains the only recognised forward to have scored for Liverpool in 2006 after claiming a brace in the FA Cup against Luton Town last month, but said: “I understand that it’s not easy for the manager at Liverpool,” he said. “We have a big squad and big names like Djibril Cissé, Fernando Morientes and Peter Crouch. When Robbie (Fowler) signed, I knew I was leaving, but I am young and I keep my mouth shut. Whenever I get my chance, I do my best.”

Having made his Blackburn debut as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat by West Bromwich Albion last weekend, Sinama Pongolle could get that chance today, although against a resurgent Everton he is certain to have his work cut out.

Feckin "Peoples Club" have got wind of it now :angry:
http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.1497.1

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 am

Its a harmless enough remark. Let the bluekippers wet themselves over it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:39 am

I can't imagine pongo saying that. I think its the media slurring things.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:57 am

adamnbarrett wrote:I can't imagine pongo saying that. I think its the media slurring things.

Agree !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:03 pm

JBG wrote:Its a harmless enough remark. Let the bluekippers wet themselves over it.

Its not though is it? What Liverpool player comes out with this rubbish?
It hurts scousers when people say this, Souness said it once aswell and it just fuels the flames for the bluenoses to dish out more of the Norweigen wools statements.
Pongolle should have more sense and stop drinking in the bluehouse.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:39 pm

I think they have twisted things as usual.

I don't believe it at all.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:
JBG wrote:Its a harmless enough remark. Let the bluekippers wet themselves over it.

Its not though is it? What Liverpool player comes out with this rubbish?
It hurts scousers when people say this, Souness said it once aswell and it just fuels the flames for the bluenoses to dish out more of the Norweigen wools statements.
Pongolle should have more sense and stop drinking in the bluehouse.

This is why you shouldn't be a mod.

What he said was harmless and he more than likely didn't mean it the way he it was interprated.

The lads a good player and comments like he's made in that article certainly don't wind me up.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:55 pm

stu_the_red wrote:This is why you shouldn't be a mod.

??? Who said I wana be a MOD?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:

ignore him ciggy, he's just trying to stir it up again
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:06 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

ignore him ciggy, he's just trying to stir it up again

I know mate, but he can feck off If he wants to start on me again cause A.B. isnt here.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion