Plea to rafa benitez... - Robbie fowler...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:29 am

never look in the past

I've never heard so much twoddle. How many people cringed when Ian Rush returned to us?? How many people would take Owen back next season??

Never look to the past - my ar$e!

Get the lad back on loan & he might just suprise a few people.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:38 am

Lee J wrote:
never look in the past

I've never heard so much twoddle. How many people cringed when Ian Rush returned to us?? How many people would take Owen back next season??

Never look to the past - my ar$e!

Get the lad back on loan & he might just suprise a few people.

Hear, hear Lee mate.
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:04 am

We can discuss this fo another 8 pages but do you really expect Benitez to buy Fowler? I think not, it will be another Spaniard[most likely Morientes] because Benitez was interested in him during the summer and he's a player Benitez knows very well. I'd take Fowler on a free transfer but I wouldn't buy him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:04 am

*double post*
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:59 am

A.B. wrote:We can discuss this fo another 8 pages but do you really expect Benitez to buy Fowler? I think not, it will be another Spaniard[most likely Morientes] because Benitez was interested in him during the summer and he's a player Benitez knows very well. I'd take Fowler on a free transfer but I wouldn't buy him.

Absolutely 100% correct.

Great post
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:14 am

c'mon, we would all love to see this again. be honest

112-1077774096

Postby Rafa » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:29 am

dont be daft, Fowler is well past it, it would be a step backwards if we signed Fowler
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:01 pm

About half of you are missing the point completely - we will undoubtedly sign TWO strikers in January. Many of you are talking as if we'd sign Robbie to go straight into the first team, which I don't think would be the case at all.

Straight up question to the lot of you - would you object to us signing both Morientes AND Fowler?
ivor_the_injun

Postby redsince72 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:20 pm

Bring Fowler back? R U joking? His potential has already deteriorated.  If we look for a supporting for the forwards, even Fowler's mate in Man City- Anelka is better.  And Tristan of La Coruna could be a candidate.  Besides, Beattie of South Hampton, Yakubo of Portsmouth could also be considered.  All their present clubs were in financial problem & the players orignially have the wills to move to a larger club for better prospects.  And the most importantthing was that untill now no other large club has put an eye on any one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the old glory days, it was the others avoiding to compete for players with us, but now we have to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fowler? Forget him. He has lost his speed and sense to score. And the most impt was that he has lost the heart to fight. He, & McManaman, their attitude, were waiting to retire!!!!!
redsince72

Postby Redrider » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:27 pm

Villa from Zarragoza, looks like the latest prediction.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:37 pm

redsince72 wrote:Bring Fowler back? R U joking? His potential has already deteriorated.  If we look for a supporting for the forwards, even Fowler's mate in Man City- Anelka is better.  And Tristan of La Coruna could be a candidate.  Besides, Beattie of South Hampton, Yakubo of Portsmouth could also be considered.  All their present clubs were in financial problem & the players orignially have the wills to move to a larger club for better prospects.  And the most importantthing was that untill now no other large club has put an eye on any one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the old glory days, it was the others avoiding to compete for players with us, but now we have to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fowler? Forget him. He has lost his speed and sense to score. And the most impt was that he has lost the heart to fight. He, & McManaman, their attitude, were waiting to retire!!!!!

F*ck me you some of you just don't get it do you?

If we make a big name capture for up front, it's going to cost us a decent wedge. At the moment, we NEED 2 strikers to come in, so the second one would then have to be a cheap signing. Remember that it's probably not just strikers that we'll be after in January, so whatever money we have will have to be spread fairly thinly to a degree. I'm not claiming for one minute that we're without money, but at the beginning of the season there is no way that the board would've anticipated needing to buy more than one striker, seeing as though we'd only recently signed Cisse. So yeah, money is very definitely a consideration. Particularly if we don't get a result against Olympiakos.

Yakubu (note the spelling) will not come cheap. Beattie, even though he's not done anything awe-inspiring this year, will probably still be around £5m. Hence Fowler's name being brought up. If you've seen the little of him that's been played for Man C recently, he very blatantly hasn't lost his sense to score. More importantly, he'd be a cheap as chips signing for  the subs bench.
ivor_the_injun

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:10 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:About half of you are missing the point completely - we will undoubtedly sign TWO strikers in January. Many of you are talking as if we'd sign Robbie to go straight into the first team, which I don't think would be the case at all.

Straight up question to the lot of you - would you object to us signing both Morientes AND Fowler?

Straight up answer ....... Yes I would object to signing Robbie.
Given our desparate situation whats the point of signing a striker who isn't ready to go straight into our starting line up ?

Robbie as many have pointed out hasn't shown anything since he left us . I'd rather remember him for the "GOD" he was instead of seeing him labouring to be the player he will never be again .
Frankly if we were to bring somebody back to the club I'd rather see Anelka, guaranteed to bang some in for us from the off.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:About half of you are missing the point completely - we will undoubtedly sign TWO strikers in January. Many of you are talking as if we'd sign Robbie to go straight into the first team, which I don't think would be the case at all.

Straight up answer ....... Yes I would object to signing Robbie.
Given our desparate situation whats the point of signing a striker who isn't ready to go straight into our starting line up ?

Robbie as many have pointed out hasn't shown anything since he left us . I'd rather remember him for the "GOD" he was instead of seeing him labouring to be the player he will never be again .
Frankly if we were to bring somebody back to the club I'd rather see Anelka, guaranteed to bang some in for us from the off.
:)

And we'll be getting Anelka for free, yeah?  :glare:

Face it, we can't buy Morientes and then another Morientes. We can probably just about afford the one, and then we'll almost certainly need to chance our arm on a loan signing or a freebie. Fowler's sufficiently enigmatic for me to justify bringing him in.

He's not been prolific for Man City this season, but then to be fair he's rarely been in their team. The few times I've seen him this term (including that first day goal - which was a cracking finish - and last weekend against Portsmouth), he's looked pretty good. If he was getting a run in their starting line up, I'm positive he'd be catching eyes, but Keegan's taking a hard line on his fitness, so that's probably not going to happen.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:58 pm

And just out of interest, some stats for the season so far:

Robbie Fowler:  6 appearances (3 of which were as sub), 2 goals
Nicolas Anelka: 14 appearances, 4 goals
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:01 pm

Theres a lad who plays for my Sunday team whos not bad..  About as fast as Fowler, Has scored more than him this year, and is really up for getting a game at Anfield!!  If we can't afford to buy 2 decent strikers maybe we should give him a go? ??? 

Seriously, if we can't afford 2 decent strikers lets just get one....  Fowler is past it!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion