Players we should sign...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:44 pm

I perfectly understand what you are saying but he was not signed for a long-term deal. True he could teach Carra,Hyypia and the youngsters things about the Zonal Marking System [assuming that he learns English in time] but because of his age he will not be able to play long in the Premiership. He's simply the back-up at the moment.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:48 pm

bigmick wrote:My feeling is that the close season will see a major overhaul as Rafa begins to structure the club in his own fashion. I've been saying for some time that I think Stevie will leave, and the comings and goings will be far-reaching as Benitez tries to plug the huge gap.
Some of the possibilities discussed are realistic, some not so but with the end of the season so far away and Rafa's preference for La Liga, any talk of the likes of Diop (though a very good player in my view) are way wide of the mark. Chances are we'll ship out a lot of dead wood and bring in some top players from Spain on the cheap. Forget King and Defoe, we aint got the cash I'm afraid.
One last thing, is there any chance at all that one or two can refrain from ruining every thread with slanging matches. It's just a bit boring to the extent that half the time you can't be bothered to post.

I too believe that Gerrard will believe, he's been to quiet in games in these past few weeks for my liking, a bit like the Owen Saga we had last season.

Gerrard going could be the best thing ever to happen to us. When Everton sold Rooney they've started to play more like a team and has gotten them real far this season. Even when Juventus sold Zidane they started to win trophies.

English players such as Defoe and King are extremely overpriced and we do not have enough money to spend money on players such as them.

Spain is cheap and you can find incredible talent, such as Alonso.

Morientes was a bargain for 6.5 million considering that Beattie was bought by Everton for 6 million and that AJ is valued at 8 million. Beattie and AJ put together couldn't fill Nando's shoes yet their price is so high.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:52 pm

I must confess I'm not as convinced as everybody else that Beattie was bad buisness for Everton at 6 million. He's young, good in the air and a direct replacement for the aging and tempremental Ferguson. My only surprise was that Moyes didn't go in for Bellamy because the two of them up front would make a natural pairing for me.
Nando is brilliant, classy and a steal at 6 million, but you could hardly expect him to play upfront for Everton. It's horses for courses and I think we've probably each signed the right player for our respective teams, and neither club has paid over the top.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 21legend » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:21 am

any of these will do :)

1 Tim Howard (G)
2 Gary Neville (D)
3 Phil Neville (D)
4 Gabriel Heinze (D)
5 Rio Ferdinand (D)
6 Wes Brown (D)
7 Cristiano Ronaldo (M)
8 Wayne Rooney (F)
9 Louis Saha (F)
10 Ruud van Nistelrooy (F)
11 Ryan Giggs (M)
12 David Bellion (F)
13 Roy Carroll (G)
14 Alan Smith (F)
15 Kleberson (M)
16 Roy Keane (M)
17 Liam Miller (M)
18 Paul Scholes (M)
20 Ole Solskjaer (F)
22 John O'Shea (D)
24 Darren Fletcher (M)
25 Quinton Fortune (M)
26 Phillip Bardsley (D)
27 Mikael Silvestre (D)
28 Gerard Pique (D)
29 Jonathan Spector (D)
31 David Jones (M)
34 Paul McShane (F)
35 Ricardo (G)
40 Sylvain Ebanks-Blake 
41 Florent N'Galula 
42 Giuseppe Rossi (F)
21legend

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:38 am

F#cking Manc W@nker.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bjb7223 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:10 am

Del Pierro? Totti? have you people gone mad?
aging has beens.
bjb7223

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:56 am

crazyhorse wrote:Del Pierro is not past it - he is not even 30 yet!

(i hope i am not talking s   h   i   t   e  here)!
:p

Del Pierro was 30 last november . I guess you are talking shi'te .
:D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby liamac » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:51 am

If SG goes then  i think Raffa will build the team around Alonso . In the short time he has been playing for Liverpool i honestly feel he is the most influential player in the team.
He is the play maker ,simple as . Ive said it before a few times , he is like the Barnes and Molby of old . As much as i dont want SG to go  ( because i feel he and Alonso are a dream  central midfield ) , i wouldnt miss him as much  as i would Alonso .
We need a stronger left back  and  centre back to eventually replace Sami  . As far as strikers are concerned ,well we have 3 world class strikers so why buy another ? plus Pongelle Mellor and  Le Tallec  in the wings .
Wingers?  hmmm good debate about  that i think . Left wing , well we have Kewell and an ever improving Riise , tho  Riise isnt as technically gifted as Kewell  he has a lot of grit and determination  ( i prefer Kewell personally ).
On the right  its a different story , Garcia ? jury is still out on him even tho we all know he is gifted as a player  ,at times he can be a nightmare . Nunez , again the jury is still out , so that to me looks like a position  that may need to be improved  if either player has shown real signs of improvement
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:10 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Totti i think would go on to of the more currently "fashionable" clubs within europe such as AC milan or Real and Del Pierro is already at what he would consider as the biggest club in Europe already.

for sure.

Totti is a how can you say flashy, a very good one at that and is very into the high life and all that as far as i know, and he has fit missus.  :D

Can't see him coming to Liverpool, as it's hardly the fashion capital of the world.

Only place I could see him going to in England would be London which makes Chelsea a likley destination , but as i say he'll probs saty in Italy and go to Juve or Milan or perhaps Madrid.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:12 pm

bjb7223 wrote:Del Pierro? Totti? have you people gone mad?
aging has beens.

I guess you are going on Euro 2004 and don't watch too much Serie A, cos Totti is still a class act.

Del Piero is still a good player but well past his best.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:20 pm

no we're going on about euro 2000, world cup 2002 and euro 2004. plus what has he ever done in europe for his club.

at euro 2004, all he did was nearly break someones leg (and only get booked) and spit in someones face.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:23 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Del Pierro is not past it - he is not even 30 yet!

(i hope i am not talking s   h   i   t   e  here)!
:p

Del Pierro was 30 last november . I guess you are talking shi'te .
:D   :D   :D

good one woof  :D

as for totti, we dont want that spitting f'uck at LFC, weve just got rid of diouf for godsake  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:34 pm

stmichael wrote:at euro 2004, all he did was nearly break someones leg (and only get booked) and spit in someones face.

can't argue there.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:37 pm

i think jamie carragher should be our main cb and we need someone who would be compatible with him, gallas would be ideal but he has been immense this season and chelsea woulds not let him go, i would go for dystin, his build would make him and carra 1 of the most fearsome cb partnerships in the prem, we need another 2 or 3 midfielders irrespective of whether stevie g goes or not, i always wanted hakan yakin but i hear he is in germany now wiv either bremen or stuttgart, parker is 1 we should go for, i would have liked to have seen carrick, we need a right sided midfielder and SWP is too expensive so for a quality right sided midfielder why not malbranque, is proven in the prem and his guile would be reminiscent of jari litmanen why not wesley sneijder, hes pretty good and young, so dystin, malbranque, parker, and sneijder, these 4 are a must
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:38 pm

dystin? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion