Players we need this summer - To contend for the title

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:41 pm

hes at PSV, as far as im aware his contract ends june '05 so maybe worth a look if the price is right
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:53 pm

ok, players available on a free june 05:
Van Bommel
Cafu
Dean Richards LOL
altho they have signed new contracts now, i dunno
we got a few available on frees as well i think. traore, biscan and smicer... but i cant keep up with whose signed all the time
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:55 pm

dawson99 wrote:Dean Richards LOL

were a football club not a rugby club :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:58 pm

why dont we give the elixir of youth the the players of the mid eighties, and maybe then we'll be in with a chance of the title :) :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:25 pm

i think we should make scott parker 1 of our prime midfielder transfer targets, we need an injection of english blood in the team and if gerrard does indeed go parker would not be the ideal replacement, he wouldnt even come close to a replacement but for the price we could get him at we could buy another quality midfielder
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:02 pm

Heard somebody said Roman Abrahomiv is selling Chealsea this summer. He will win all the 4 competitions and get bored. Probably, he's coming to buy Liverpool ???
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:04 pm

Alanay wrote:Heard somebody said Roman Abrahomiv is selling Chealsea this summer. He will win all the 4 competitions and get bored. Probably, he's coming to buy Liverpool ???

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:13 pm

bjb7223 wrote:Goalie : both Kirland and Dudek are rubbish. We need Jose "Pepe" Reina of Villareal. has stopped 7 of 9 enalties this year. And even better he wants to come to Anfield.

RW; Jerrmaine Pennat. Nunez is rubbish and Garcia is not consistent enough. I don't even think Garcia is even a winger.

LB- Patrice Evra. one of the brightest one talents in Europe. will only cost 2 Mil.

CB- Sami is getting too old.  We need Pablo Ibanez of Athletico Madrid. great stopper. Or that Juanito kid if he is cheaper.

CM- Joey Barton, would be a cheap buy from City. he is also a Local boy from Huyton.

To contend for the title? You are joking.
What makes you think Jermaine Pennant is so good and consistant? I would rather have Garcia for sure, but then I'd rather have VDV you know...
Patrice Evra is ok, but I don't think LB is a massive problem right now. I'm not sure he will be like Cole or Heinze either.
Those Centre-backs are not what we need to be at the top, Ledly King has the potential but we really need our own Woodgate/Ferdinand/Campbell/Terry level of player.
Joey Barton would be good cover, that's it.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:01 pm

If we lose Gerrard Id go for Ballack and Scott Parker assuming SG goes to Chelsea and he could be part of the deal.

Also recall Diarra who has shown some potential and is probably better off where he is for the rest of the season

If SG goes to Madrid would we get a player as part of the deal from them and if so who

Whatever happens if and I hope not but if he goes we HAVE to replace with two real quality midfield players
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:28 pm

Looking at the Dutch team last night, Boulahrouz looks a good choice for defence and Castelen would be a good choice for left wing
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:54 pm

King Dogleash wrote:Cannot understand why people on here keep saying Jermaine Penant or Joey Barton, neither of them are good enuff for us, and no way good enuff for Premiership contenders or Champs league we need to aim higher than those guys, if we cant afford anything better, then bring on the youth, both have on and off the field issues they need to deal with as well.

Pennant is good. If he can just sort out his attitude, he & SWP will be fighting for the england right wing spot now.

Arsene wenger has let quite a few english talent leave arsenal (Matthew upson, Jerome Thomas...and now pennant). I have heard him in an interview saying that english youngsters are not talented enuff (when asked why he signs a lot of foreigners). I am not implying anything though :D

But just because wenger does not fancy pennant does not mean, he is not good enuff for us.  He was awesome for leeds last season. He will deffo do a better job than nunez, smicer or even garcia on the right for us. (Garcia is a support striker...this is the 38th time i am saying this).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:15 pm

taff wrote:If we lose Gerrard Id go for Ballack and Scott Parker assuming SG goes to Chelsea and he could be part of the deal.

Ballack or Baraja will be ideal replacement if gerrard leaves....... The problem is will bayern munich or valencia sell them....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:18 pm

The_Rock wrote:
taff wrote:If we lose Gerrard Id go for Ballack and Scott Parker assuming SG goes to Chelsea and he could be part of the deal.

Ballack or Baraja will be ideal replacement if gerrard leaves....... The problem is will bayern munich or valencia sell them....

ballack is for sale but it's a case of who can afford him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:41 pm

if gerrard goes....we will  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion