Players we have sold

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu May 06, 2004 12:41 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Stu, the point IS he did want to play that's why he got disgruntled, wouldn't you watching somone who's got your job with 5% of your ability at scoring goals (Let's not forget that was Robbie's game).... and before you retort with How many as he scored this season... the answers 10.. same as GH's Love Child.... in what is a lot poorer team.

As for your second comment Fowler played better on his own, Don't you think that suit's GH's sterile tactics this season... One up front even at home?

The fact of the matter is in the treble season Liverpool lost two games at home. They were the only two games at anfield Fowler and Owen started together that season. Heskey suited the system better and although he wasn't the better goalscorer at the time and he had less ability he was still a class act and was offering the team so much more than Robbie could have done at the time. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, we all knew Heskey would start his decline when Fowler left didn't we??? what cr#p some of you talk.

As for my second comment, Fowler upfront on his own in a team that puts very few crosses into the box, doesn't have natural dribblers and doesn't player a quick counter attacking game where players surround the sole striker. He'd fail miserabley.

Owen is twice the player and it was one or the other. We kept the right one.

Sorry Stu; forgot... Once YOU speak everybodies got to pin their ears back, we can't have debate because God forbid we disagree with you, we talk cr#p, are not real fans etc,etc.

I've been reading your other post's, begs me to ask the qustion, ARE YOU 5?, you are petulant enough to be... get your dad to find the dictionary for you befor you answer.
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby DAV » Thu May 06, 2004 9:31 pm

Stu u say we got a good price 4 fowler, sorry i dont agree. If heskey was worth 11milion or whatever we paid 4 him than fowler was worth £100 million at the time.
Heskey is cr#p has always been cr#p at leicester in our treble season all his life.
houlier should learn to accomadate players like fowler anelka and litmanen. Coz lets face it we r no longer in the same league as man utd chelsea and arsenal .
Your paper talk ideas just dont cut it 4 me.
Henry was in italy and he was cr#p. not coz he was a bad player but it just didnt happen their 4 him
I just dont get why u defend houlier so much, if we get in the champions league next season.
SO WHAT
if you carnt compete in your league then what chance do u have against europes best.
I'll tell u
NONE
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:04 pm

Heskey was cr#p in the treble season??

Funny guy. Can tell you didn't go ANY games there kiddo.

As for next season we'll see won't we. The season we won the treble, after what happened the season before could you see that happening? Mystic meg are yer?

Haha.
115-1073096938

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu May 06, 2004 11:33 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Heskey was cr#p in the treble season??

Funny guy. Can tell you didn't go ANY games there kiddo.

As for next season we'll see won't we. The season we won the treble, after what happened the season before could you see that happening? Mystic meg are yer?

Haha.

There you GO again, being petulant, I guess you could'nt find the dictionary... try the library!

glenbuck patriot

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:38 pm

DAV wrote:Stu u say we got a good price 4 fowler, sorry i dont agree. If heskey was worth 11milion or whatever we paid 4 him than fowler was worth £100 million at the time.
Heskey is cr#p has always been cr#p at leicester in our treble season all his life.
houlier should learn to accomadate players like fowler anelka and litmanen. Coz lets face it we r no longer in the same league as man utd chelsea and arsenal .
Henry was in italy and he was cr#p. not coz he was a bad player but it just didnt happen their 4 him
I just dont get why u defend houlier so much, if we get in the champions league next season.
SO WHAT
if you carnt compete in your league then what chance do u have against europes best.
I'll tell u
NONE

Do you think, at this moment in time that Fowler is worth £3m? I love the lad as much as the next man, and it felt like one of the family had died when he left but right now for me that looks like good business. He has not reproduced the goods football wise since he left, apart from flourishes of a few games and in all honesty thats what we get from Emile.

You also say GH should accomodate players like Fowler, Anelka and Litmanen. As much as you may not like his (GH)descisions or some of his signings, do you really want the manager, and the team and most importantly the club to accomodate any player? Do you f##k. No player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, not even a Zidane, Ronaldo or other great.

We are no longer in the same league as Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea ? Unless they have this evening broken away and formed a Euro Super League, I think you will find that we are. They may have had good seasons, but ours has been sh##e, and next season we will be much closer to, if not above the teams you mentioned.

If we get in the Champions League next season SO WHAT? Now I know this is a wind up. Try not to let the anger you obviously feel for Stu cloud your rational thinking. Not getting in the Champions League at the end of this season is simply not an option, and if you are one of these idiots who would be happy to finish fifth if it meant GH was relieved of his position, then you are a bigger T I T than your last post suggested.

Dont think I dont like you, as most of the stuff you have posted previously reads quite well, however this post quoted above is rubbish.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu May 06, 2004 11:44 pm

lmao, I agree there Leon, you don't mince your words do ya mate  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu May 06, 2004 11:50 pm

Leon did you go to school with Stu?, Where you in the same class?..... as ever great comedy value... Do you want your BALL back yet?

DEBATE.... Look it up!, We ALL have different opinions!

glenbuck patriot

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:55 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
DAV wrote:Stu u say we got a good price 4 fowler, sorry i dont agree. If heskey was worth 11milion or whatever we paid 4 him than fowler was worth £100 million at the time.
SO WHAT
I'll tell u
NONE

Do you think, at this moment in time that Fowler is worth £3m? I love the lad as much as the next man, and it felt like one of the family had died when he left but right now for me that looks like good business. He has not reproduced the goods football wise since he left, apart from flourishes of a few games and in all honesty thats what we get from Emile.

You also say GH should accomodate players like Fowler, Anelka and Litmanen. As much as you may not like his (GH)descisions or some of his signings, do you really want the manager, and the team and most importantly the club to accomodate any player? Do you f##k. No player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, not even a Zidane, Ronaldo or other great.

We are no longer in the same league as Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea ? Unless they have this evening broken away and formed a Euro Super League, I think you will find that we are. They may have had good seasons, but ours has been sh##e, and next season we will be much closer to, if not above the teams you mentioned.

If we get in the Champions League next season SO WHAT? Now I know this is a wind up. Try not to let the anger you obviously feel for Stu cloud your rational thinking. Not getting in the Champions League at the end of this season is simply not an option, and if you are one of these idiots who would be happy to finish fifth if it meant GH was relieved of his position, then you are a bigger T I T than your last post suggested.

Dont think I dont like you, as most of the stuff you have posted previously reads quite well, however this post quoted above is rubbish.

Where do I agree with or sh#g Stu ???

I disagreed with Dav and said so, are you and Dav lovers Glenbuck???

(KIDDING)
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri May 07, 2004 12:25 am

No ( Thank Christ), just wanting to add to the debate.... No. offense DAV!

glenbuck patriot

Postby DAV » Sat May 08, 2004 12:24 pm

todays paper heskey going to birmingham.
gh as finaly seen the light.
I like to here peoples opinions and having debates with them.
just one thing annoys me
STU u once again mentioned (U DONT THINK I WENT TO MANY GAMES IN THE TREBLE SEASON).
FIRSTLy how do u no?
and second if i had been to none or all of the games that season what difference does it make.
We all no u believe u r the biggest liverpool supporter
u also think that if someone dosent agree with u then U R RIGHT and everyone else is wrong
why?
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat May 08, 2004 12:42 pm

Heskey is a player Bruce has been looking at to parter forsell
doesnt mean he'll be leaving for sure.

Heskey and Forsell is a very good idea I think.

Goin to watch united now....

COME ON THE RUSSIANS.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 08, 2004 1:29 pm

Dav. Its when i state facts mate. People who disagree Heskey was one of the main reasons we won that cup treble are ignoring facts. He scored goals and performed consistently at a very high level all season. He created goals and he held the ball up and done everything that was asked. The way he played against Chelsea at the bridge this season was the way he played in about 70% of the games in the treble season and he also banged in 22 goals and was the first choice striker at the time.

There was also the buzz of Steven Gerrards developement, Owen was starting to become a class act instead of a raw talented kid and Hyypia marshalled the defence brilliantly. Also with Macca's experience we had a good squad.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Sat May 08, 2004 2:06 pm

1 more post before i head off 4 the game
i hope we leave heskey at st andrews today
come on u reds
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:17 pm

Hello
Players we have sold, that we should have should include:
Anelka: Better than Heskey anyday, even though he is selfish
Fowler: Should be upfront with Owen
Matteo: Better than Biscan
Berger: Skillfull and better than Hamann/diouf/ and kewell
Litmanen: hardly ever got a game at anfield and was kept on the bench.

Sellijng the above, in favour of Heskey, Murphy , Biscan etc, proves that Houllier is insane!
84-1083280474

Postby DAV » Sun May 09, 2004 4:26 pm

STU alot of the time u dont give FACTS u give your opinion and once against u always believe u r right and all the rest of the world is wrong.
thank god i have never come accross u in a pub
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion