Players That Need To Go When the Window Opens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 21, 2013 2:26 pm

mkingdom » Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 am wrote:
redno7 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 pm wrote:

If you think you could get £17 million for Carroll then LFC need you on the negotiation panel.

£10 million at most! probably nearer £8 million to be honest.

Rrrrright.  So we think we got a bargain for Sturridge at £12m, and at the time he was out of favour, not getting a game and had been so at his last two clubs.

Carroll is playing for the side who want to sign him, has been their best player since he got fit, and Fat Sam has come out and said they desperately want him.  So yeh, let's call it £8m and shake hands?

Anything less than £15m and we need to wonder who we have doing these deals

Spot on.

There's no way we should be selling Carroll on the cheap: he's in form, back in the England squad and injury free.
What's more, there's a few clubs interested and I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle came in with a bid too.  Tell the Spammers to pay the agreed loan fee (17 million) or tell them to f**k off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Spearing, Wilson, Pacheco and Assaidi can definitely go.  Probably for next to nothing.   

We could do with one more attacking option IMO  (Suarez ban an all), Someone a bit better than Downing / Borini.  Although them 2 could remain and fight as squad players.  Selling Carroll could fund such a purchase. 

Coates and / or Skrtel may leave.  It makes sense to try and sign a class CB at a decent age and maybe try to get Toure on a free as reported as back up.

If there is money leftover we could try to get a DM.    That'd be 2 CB's, DM and an attacker

A bunch of the young players will need to go on loan too as we might only have 40 games to play next season.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 21, 2013 4:01 pm

if carroll does go for a knock down price of around £10mil then we should insist on diame coming this way as part of any deal.
£10 + diame would be a great coup for us
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Wed May 22, 2013 3:39 am

15m for carroll is a fair deal, in fact the rumour mills are generating buzz that 15m deal has been agreed between us and west ham.
when we were first linked with carroll at the closing of the transfer window, most of us would hv agreed that 15m would be a fair deal. but some sort of madness made by commoli resulted in us signing him for 35m. this is the greatest transfer mistake in our club's history.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 am

well I'm suprised but pleased with £15 million. I honestly thought we'd end up taking a lot less for him, more like £8m to £10m.

At least we've recouped some of the money back.

Now lets invest it wisely
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 am

He hasn't gone anywhere yet
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Interesting for those who think Glen Johnson should be shipped out this summer -

OptaJoe

16 - Liverpool's Glen Johnson ended the 12-13 PL season with 16 clean sheets, more than any other outfield player in the PL. Mature.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:39 am

If we can get a ludicrous transfer fee for Suarez, then he should go. I doubt the owners want to keep him. If not, then they can at least help us rape a new buyer for an extortionate fee.....
AND, absolute caveat, let BR reinvest in a striker(s), defender and a midfielder with a serious pair of nads....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion