Postby mkingdom » Fri May 17, 2013 3:07 pm

jacdaniel » Fri May 17, 2013 1:55 pm wrote:
mkingdom » Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm wrote:Carroll - 17m
Spearing - 2m
Wilson - Free
Skrtel - 10m
Assaidi - part of the deal to sign an Ajax player probably
Coates (maybe) - £7m

EDIT - I forgot Pacheco but don't see him troubling the scorers from a fee perspective so it doesn't matter

There is no way that Allen, Downing or Henderson will go this summer.

There is close to £30m worth of sales there, and some hefty wages with Carroll and Skrtel.

We need -

At least 1 CB - must be able to head the ball!
A DM - must be able to protect back 4
An attacker - BR must think he is able to pass a ball and probably play across the three forward positions.

All of them must be mentally strong, have karacter and kwality.

:D 

Do you really think we'll get anything near to them fees for Carroll and Coates?

No I thought I'd post values that I thought we wouldn't get as that would make a lot of sense!   ???

Carroll is easily worth that, and Coates is a young promising CB.  I'll give you a couple of million either way, but I don't see why we feel happy continually giving our players away for less than they are worth.
mkingdom

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 17, 2013 3:47 pm

We will struggle to get close to £10mil for Carroll

Coates about £4mil and prob won't get £10mil for Skrtel

Certainly very ambitious prices

Carroll was only worth about £15mil when we bought him and his worth hasn't increased in that time
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri May 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Sell Downing and buy Bentekke with the dosh
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby mart » Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 am

mkingdom » Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm wrote:
Carroll is easily worth that, and Coates is a young promising CB.  I'll give you a couple of million either way, but I don't see why we feel happy continually giving our players away for less than they are worth.

17 mill for a 10 goals a season striker with injury problems that we desperately want to get rid of? I know he is english, but I dont think anyone will be stupid enough to pay that for him. I can see him going on another years loan until we realize how little he is worth.

Coates is a player that cant even get on the bench. Doesnt look like Rodgers rate him at all. We wont get much for him either.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Skrtel, its a shame as he was a good player but has lost his way.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 am

Reina Will be off unfortunately.

West ham have made it clear they want Andy and with 2 assists yesterday it would only add to there want of him.

Skrtel could and probably should go if Rodgers doesnt fancy him.

Suso would benefit from a loan as would the likes of Ibe. Flanagan and Robinson again.

I would sell Shelvey if we could get around 3- 5 million. Doesnt give us anything at all in my opinion.

Aslong as we have suitable replacements agreed to before

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 20, 2013 11:08 am

2 assists for Carroll ?!

The second was an assist but getting a ball hit against you isn't an assist !!
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

Sell Downing while his apparent stock is slightly up.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

If you think you could get £17 million for Carroll then LFC need you on the negotiation panel.

£10 million at most! probably nearer £8 million to be honest.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon May 20, 2013 5:07 pm

downing imo will stay. james pearce was saying the same in the echo the other day.

reina, carroll, coates and skrtel will almost certainly go. we'll probably get £30-35 for them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Mon May 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Lucas anybody? Had a great year till his injury but I still remember his previous horrendous years. His form after his return has been pretty poor as well.
We can't afford a weak link at the DM position.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm

only me » Mon May 20, 2013 4:15 pm wrote:Lucas anybody? Had a great year till his injury but I still remember his previous horrendous years. His form after his return has been pretty poor as well.
We can't afford a weak link at the DM position.

he certainly needs competition for his place but i wouldn't sell him. no way. with carragher gone, lucas is one of the few players i'd consider a "leader" who we have left.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Tue May 21, 2013 12:23 pm

redno7 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 pm wrote:

If you think you could get £17 million for Carroll then LFC need you on the negotiation panel.

Rrrrright.  So we think we got a bargain for Sturridge at £12m, and at the time he was out of favour, not getting a game and had been so at his last two clubs.

Carroll is playing for the side who want to sign him, has been their best player since he got fit, and Fat Sam has come out and said they desperately want him.  So yeh, let's call it £8m and shake hands?

Anything less than £15m and we need to wonder who we have doing these deals
mkingdom

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

mkingdom » Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 am wrote:
redno7 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 pm wrote:

Rrrrright.  So we think we got a bargain for Sturridge at £12m, and at the time he was out of favour, not getting a game and had been so at his last two clubs.

Carroll is playing for the side who want to sign him, has been their best player since he got fit, and Fat Sam has come out and said they desperately want him.  So yeh, let's call it £8m and shake hands?

Anything less than £15m and we need to wonder who we have doing these deals

I would say at least £22-23 million
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby aCe' » Tue May 21, 2013 2:01 pm

I dont think we need to see much in terms of transfer activity. I certainly hope some of the players who are being mentioned in this thread stay and perhaps fight for a starting spot next season. For me, the key to building on the little progress we made this year is keeping the majority of the players who have gradually acclimatized with Rodger's way of doing things. The likes of Skrtel, Downing, Allen, and Henderson should all stay as far as I'm concerned. The backup to the players (Shelvey, Coates, Suso...etc) are not good enough to come in and make a difference so selling any of the players in the first list would mean that another squad player would have to be signed for around the same price and wages we get for them. Add to that the fact that the incoming players will need time to adjust to our style of play and its a lose lose situation really. The players we should be okay with selling should mostly be fringe players : I'd send Suso out on loan, only sell Carroll if we can get 15mill for him, and others like Assaidi and Spearing can be sold without affecting our current squad much.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion