Players That Need To Go When the Window Opens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon May 06, 2013 12:19 pm

skrtel, coates, spearing, carroll, and downing can all go for me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Mon May 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Rumour Johnson and Reina may also be off, big wage earners who can be replaced with
players on lower salaries, for example Kelly or Wisdom at right back and a younger
keeper coming in perhaps.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm

That just reduces the standard of the squad if people are leaving to reduce the wage bill.
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Mon May 06, 2013 1:11 pm

If we want to progress as a team we need more quality in the squad. If we can get equal quality for less wages for the likes of Reina and Johnson then fine... but I don't think we will tbh.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 12:05 pm wrote:That just reduces the standard of the squad if people are leaving to reduce the wage bill.

exactly, I don't understand why FSG would do this?

Sell our best players to reduce wages? ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Then again it is our owners we are talking about - nothing would surprise me with them
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2013 3:46 pm

downings going nowhere, rodgers has already told him that (it was in the echo).
i like what downing brings to a team, he`s not one of these wingers that tries to take the world on and he doesnt lose the ball often, he`s good at pulling the ball back and picking men out in the box as well.
because the squad is so thin i cant see us moving too many players out, i thought skrtel may go but with carragher retiring i`m not so sure now.
talk of hendo going is nuts, he`s one of the most improved players in the league and at 22 he`s only going to get better, when he went off yesterday we lost all momentum.
i think carroll, coates and spearing will go and 3 players will come in. i`d like rodgers to keep carroll but i dont think he will, i think rodgers has been told to get andy`s high wages of the payroll.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm

parchpea » Mon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm wrote:Rumour Johnson and Reina may also be off, big wage earners who can be replaced with
players on lower salaries, for example Kelly or Wisdom at right back and a younger

I dont see how that will improve our squad.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 pm

mart » Mon May 06, 2013 3:42 pm wrote:
parchpea » Mon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm wrote:Rumour Johnson and Reina may also be off, big wage earners who can be replaced with

I dont see how that will improve our squad.

I agree but we seem to be a 'soccernomics' club these days where its more about strategic
approach than old fashioned common sense.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Id be happy if we could offload Carrol, Downing and Skrtel, none of them are needed we might actually get some decent money for them, hopefully as much as £30 mil for all three.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:48 pm

If Downing goes who plays in his place if he isn't needed ?

The guy has been a regular starter for the last 5 months and now he isn't needed ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:48 pm wrote:If Downing goes who plays in his place if he isn't needed ?

The guy has been a regular starter for the last 5 months and now he isn't needed ?

Sterling, Assaidi and Couthino can all play in his position and id rather see them ahead of Downing, or we could by someone else if we can sell him for a good price, hes been in the team for a while so should fetch at least £10mil. If we ever wanna finish about mid table then players of Downings standard must be shown the door.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:48 pm wrote:If Downing goes who plays in his place if he isn't needed ?

Sterling, Assaidi and Couthino can all play in his position and id rather see them ahead of Downing, or we could by someone else if we can sell him for a good price, hes been in the team for a while so should fetch at least £10mil. If we ever wanna finish about mid table then players of Downings standard must be shown the door.

Sterling has been shocking since his new contract and has a long way to go yet to improve his end product

Assaidi obviously doesn't fit in for some reason

And Coutinho is already in the starting line up

BR isn't going to sell whilst he is actually contributing to the team
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm wrote:

Sterling has been shocking since his new contract and has a long way to go yet to improve his end product

Assaidi obviously doesn't fit in for some reason

And Coutinho is already in the starting line up

BR isn't going to sell whilst he is actually contributing to the team

Sterlings had a poor second half of the season, but the talent is clearly there to see, he will back soon enough. Sterling definitely needs stiff competition to keep him on his toes but Stewart Downing isnt that, hes average. His contribution is minimal and we could easily do better than him if we sold him.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Sterling is barely 18, and needs a couple of years. Not a player i would depend on to get us back to the top 4.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion