Players should feel motivated

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skipper » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:03 pm

We proved everyone wrong last year in the Champions League.  Some pundits went against us but we proved them wrong.  Maureen Ho thought that the crowd at Anfield wouldn't be a factor and that Chelsea would win.  Wrong again.  Sometimes it's actually better to prove people wrong than to prove your self right.

As this Premiership campaign kicks off, again, we are big underdogs.  One pundit on Sky seems to think we are a mediocre team and Tottenham would finish above us.  Maureen came out with his arrogant self and said Gerrard will regret not joining Chelsea.  People seem to doubt us.

Instead of being angry, I think we should use that as motivation.  Our players should feel inspired when they walk onto any pitch.  Think about the stupid pundits who will say "I told you so, LFC isn't great."  Our players should play with fire and prove them wrong.  The more sh!t they say about us, the harder we should strive to be the best.

What do you guys think?
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:28 pm

We proved everyone wrong last year in the Champions League.  Some pundits went against us but we proved them wrong.  Maureen Ho thought that the crowd at Anfield wouldn't be a factor and that Chelsea would win.  Wrong again.  Sometimes it's actually better to prove people wrong than to prove your self right.

As this Premiership campaign kicks off, again, we are big underdogs.  One pundit on Sky seems to think we are a mediocre team and Tottenham would finish above us.  Maureen came out with his arrogant self and said Gerrard will regret not joining Chelsea.  People seem to doubt us.

Instead of being angry, I think we should use that as motivation.  Our players should feel inspired when they walk onto any pitch.  Think about the stupid pundits who will say "I told you so, LFC isn't great."  Our players should play with fire and prove them wrong.  The more sh!t they say about us, the harder we should strive to be the best.

What do you guys think?
I think your'e absolutley right.When people say sutin about us they shoulf think i am gonna prove them wrong as you said.We should get motivated
joependo

Postby red_guy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:33 am

right on skipper!!! :D
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:42 am

It's hard to feel optimistic and say that the players will be motivated and so on when you keep seeing the players turning up and giving such dire performance with some, while not obviously lacking in desire, but lack playing discipline and awareness like in the game last night.

I sincerely hope that we can pick uouselves up and move forward but after seeing such listless performance by some in the team last night, I really wonder. The top teams - Chelski, Manure, Arsenal - hardly lose these days that you can't afford to have a bad patch if we want to be real title contenders. We have yet to display the hunger shown by Manure over the past 2 league games and more worryingly, our strikers have yet to turn up.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:46 am

Wearing a Liverbird on your chest should be enough motivation for anyone
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:59 am

To be honest if Liverpool don't improve...
with the quality of Tottenham...truthfully our rank will be below them...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby <-alonso-> » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:01 pm

couldn't agree with the passage more (however tottenham are not better than us0
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 pm

xd3vilx wrote:To be honest if Liverpool don't improve...
with the quality of Tottenham...truthfully our rank will be below them...

Spurs will flatter to deceive... again.

I doubt spurs will get as many points as we did last season, and we will definitely better our points total from last season.

Defoe, Davids and Robinson apart, they have good players, but not outstanding ones.  Much will depend on if and when Davids spits the dummy
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 pm

Your right mate i agree! But pro footballers are told not to listen to pundits veiws or the media circus.So unfortunately it wont affect the team.
It seems to me this  season's start has been similar to last in that our boys fail to motivate themselves when faced with opposition of a supposed lower class.I really hope this aint the case cause theres nothinga s fu-kin frustrating!!
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:24 pm

If I could run for 90 minutes I would play for Liverpool and give my all, but unfortunatly for me I was born the wrong sex :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:24 pm

these people might also be afraid of us...
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:37 pm

I feel that people calling us underdogs and us being written off seems to motivate our team.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:50 pm

The greatest habit a team can have is "WINNING" a close second is "NOT LOSING" - how many times do you see an unbeatable side collapse after a defeat or two. Let's face it at the start of last season Arsenal were going to be unbeaten again until the Mancs fluked one and the gunners fell apart.
Last night should never be repeated until we've actually got somewhere. All the good done in those poxy preseason games has been undone with a careless display last night. A stupid defeat at the worst possible time which needs a speedy return to winning ways.
I wasn't that bothered about friday night until the display against CSK . Friday better be an improvement !!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion