Players ratings for the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 7:33 am

As the season draws to a close and we can reflect and some big strides towards becoming a title winning squad here imo is my player ratings for the season .

Pepe - 8 - Had an outstanding start to the season with some outstanding saves - a few minor errors in the middle but every keeper has a mare every now and then . Best Keeper in the prem for me

Arbeloa - 7 - Solid performances throughout the season without being spectacular - sometimes lapses a bit but has improved going forward

Carra - 7- A few mistakes from carra this year but he will make up for that every week with his last ditch tackles and his passion

Skrtel - 7- was in top form for the first half of the season until his injury , had a bit of a shakey end but looks a decent player who can improve

Aurelio - 7 - Some cracking performances throughout the season but got lost a bit during a few games towards the end - shame he cant play two games in a row

Xabi - 9 - Been world class all season - Prob the best midfielder this season in the prem . My Player of the season

Masher 7 - Bit rough when he first came back from the olympics but once past jan he turned back into the player we all know

Reira 6 - Flattered to deceive on a number of occasions but produced a few very good performances - needs to be more consistent with them thou

Gerrard 9 - His normal outstanding world class goal scoring season - cant think of a better midfielder in the prem and must be in the top 3 in the world

Kuyt 9 - started season off well scoring crucial goals when needed - had a poor Jan when everyone else did but since feb has been one of the players of the season - 15 goals and a fair number of assists add to the work he does shows how well he has played this season

Torres 8 - stuttered a bit to start through his persistant injury but once over that turned back into the best striker in the world - tore vidic a new a.rse and destroyed madrid.

Deigo Caverli - 6 - was solid enough when he played

Insua - 6 Was decent enough but think needs to be more consistent when playing

Dossena - 5- Was poor defending when he first started and looked overweight , went away shed a few pounds and came back a different player - looked a bit better in defence and got himself a couple of goals - may well be sold or kept as good cover left mid or left back - but if a decent fee was offered then should leave

Agger - 7 Shame another season ruled out from injury but showed when he came back into the team he is crucial to our future

Hyypia - 7- Once again whenever called upon never let the side down . Hopefully he will come back as a coach

Lucas -7- Bar his two mistakes played solid and improved with every game - showed he can step up and fill in for xabi or masher .

Babel - 5 - Gets a 5 for his goal against the mancs but was poor every other time he played - has all the talent just no application of it .

Yossi - 8- showed babel how to work hard to break into the team - his end of season performances have been top quality and he is an important squad member

Ngog - 6- Showed the odd flash of pace and finishing and got himself a few goals - shows signs of being a decent back up .

Keane -4 - Only here for half a season and produce the odd goal but by and large was disappointing and was a mistake he was bought in the first place

Others - Spearing,Kelly and Darby - All three came on in CL and did well and spearing came on in the prem and looked very solid .

Hopefully i havent missed anyone .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 10:11 am

No one want to add anything :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue May 19, 2009 10:12 am

Good thread, I agree with most of it, though Mascherano probably deserves a 7.5 or closer to an 8. He has done well since the new year
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah was stuck between a 7 or 8 but went with 7 due to his early season form mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 am

I thought it was a joke thread when I saw you gave kuyt a higher score than torres and the same score as alonso and gerrard
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 am

:sleep
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Tue May 19, 2009 10:29 am

peewee wrote:I thought it was a joke thread when I saw you gave kuyt a higher score than torres and the same score as alonso and gerrard

gerrard, alonso    9
kuyt    8
reina, benny2     7.5
aurelio, mascher, torres    7
everyone else a 5 or 6 except babel and dossena who get a 3 and 4, respectively

:cool:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue May 19, 2009 10:46 am

lucas is higher rated than riera?? ???
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 11:05 am

Yep - think reira has flattered to decieve this season and hasnt really provide that much of a cutting edge nor attacking benefit on the whole and we have improveed a lot since yossi started playing there .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 19, 2009 11:21 am

peewee wrote:I thought it was a joke thread when I saw you gave kuyt a higher score than torres and the same score as alonso and gerrard

Jesus. Give it a f#ckin rest will ya?

He's got the goals this season that validates his shirt. 15 plus goals from that position with the work he puts in takes some doing.

There's only Ronaldo gets anything like that from wide areas.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 11:32 am

As i said in another thread St Mike some people will always find a way to have a dig at kuyt in every thread no matter what he does for the club - its inbred into some people and spoils threads
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:42 am

ooooooooh get you two.

it is called an opinion, you rate him, I don't. this thread is about players, all players, including kuyt, I disagree that kuyt is worth the same score as alonso and gerrard.

Also please point out comments about kuyt in EVERY thread or don't make stupid statements that are not true.    I have not slated kuyt for some time, in fact, I have not slated him here, he is not worth the same score as alonso and gerrard, this is an opinion, not abuse.

Do you class your scoring of babel as abuse or do you class it as an opinion?

sorry to disagree with you about 10 bob head, but there you have it, I disagree with you
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 am

Now was it a thread started about strikers that a little dig about kuyt was made then there was also the thread about carragher and arbeloa where a little dig at kuyt was made - getting boring and tedious . just like yourself.

I actually added a bit of substance to my opinion you just came on and called the thread a joke because i rated Kuyts performances this year highly , no substance just your normal broken record digs at kuyt
Last edited by GYBS on Tue May 19, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:46 am

stmichael wrote:

Jesus. Give it a f#ckin rest will ya?

He's got the goals this season that validates his shirt. 15 plus goals from that position with the work he puts in takes some doing.

There's only Ronaldo gets anything like that from wide areas.

Do you rate his contribution this season to be on a par with Gerrard?

Why do people always go on about his work rate? sometimes they show the yardage run during a game and his is always less than gerrard, alonso and masch, the fact is he has to work harder to retrieve the ball from his dire first touch.

Also not all his goals have from the wide position
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Tue May 19, 2009 11:48 am

In fact can we not let this thread go down the normal bulls.hit about kuyt - its about the whole team - you want to regurtitate your normal cr.ap about kuyt go to the kuyt thread
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion