Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAFA - CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT - WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MONEY GIVEN BY OUR BELOVED OWNERS OK . THERE IS A THREAD ABOUT RAFA FOR YOU TO CARRY ON YOUR PREACHING THERE . OFF YOU TROT NOW

It was supposed to be about players for next season...... UNTIL YOU DERAILED IT

No i asked a simple question about where the money was going to come from to buy the players which in my eyes is pretty relevant to a thread about buying players - ie you have to have money to buy them in the first place and i think we have realised that any players we buy are only funded by players being sold with next to f.uck all extra money coming from our owners .

Now I know we don't even know our budget yet for next season but Martin Broughton has said there will be money available in the summer so presumably there will be a kitty plus whatever we rake in from player sales.

Opening post from Bav
account deleted by request

Postby Penguins » Tue May 04, 2010 5:09 pm

I am just asking if it was Rafa or the owners who sacked those 2?

About the money given from our owners.

The owners have never given any money at all. They have taken loans to buy players which the club will have to service.

Since 2008 when they haven't been able to borrow any more there has been 0 spend in total. If you don't include wages in the transfer budget, which I don't.

And if money should be available, it will only be in the form of new loans to increase the debt and asking price of the club.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAFA - CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT - WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MONEY GIVEN BY OUR BELOVED OWNERS OK . THERE IS A THREAD ABOUT RAFA FOR YOU TO CARRY ON YOUR PREACHING THERE . OFF YOU TROT NOW

It was supposed to be about players for next season...... UNTIL YOU DERAILED IT

No i asked a simple question about where the money was going to come from to buy the players which in my eyes is pretty relevant to a thread about buying players - ie you have to have money to buy them in the first place and i think we have realised that any players we buy are only funded by players being sold with next to f.uck all extra money coming from our owners .

Now I know we don't even know our budget yet for next season but Martin Broughton has said there will be money available in the summer so presumably there will be a kitty plus whatever we rake in from player sales.

Opening post from Bav

I know that mate hence why i was aksin where the hell the money is going to come from ? are you yanks going to actually put their hands in their pocket or is it coming from the banks hence more debt on the club ?
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I know that mate hence why i was aksin where the hell the money is going to come from ? are you yanks going to actually put their hands in their pocket or is it coming from the banks hence more debt on the club ?

Why ask when Bav has already fecking said
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue May 04, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 5:22 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I know that mate hence why i was aksin where the hell the money is going to come from ? are you yanks going to actually put their hands in their pocket or is it coming from the banks hence more debt on the club ?

Why ask when Bav has already fecking said

I know saint hence my point that once again its no money from the owners and just more money from loans and debt . And i asked and bav answered for me so more point about the owners not giving 20 million a year for player purchases is valid .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 5:29 pm

No its not ..... this thread was supposed to be about players not finances hence the title" player suggestions for next season." He didn't add "and an indepth study into the financial ramifications "

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 5:31 pm

And am i not allowed to add a bit of realistic outlook to it all and suggest why are we lookign to buy such and such when we are skint as a club ? Why talk about spending 50 mil plus on players when the club doesnt have that money to spend on players ?
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Tue May 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:And am i not allowed to add a bit of realistic outlook to it all and suggest why are we lookign to buy such and such when we are skint as a club ? Why talk about spending 50 mil plus on players when the club doesnt have that money to spend on players ?

Didn't the BarCap deal put up 300mil?  to cover the debt and to have 50 or 60 mil to spend on the squad.  Yes it puts the club further into debt, but wasn't that all part of the deal that has given us Broughton?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:So someone is lying then saint .

The figures are there for everyone to see with the players purchased and sold and even if they are out by a million either way it still wont add up to a net spend of 18.5 million that they are claiming - it looks like it is plain to see that any more spent over the last 12 months was only money recouped from player sales and even then not the full amount of money .

As I said maybe the figures you have produced are wrong ..... they are just spec-u-lation after all. I would presume the C.E.O. of Liverpool would not be stupid enough to lie, as the details WILL BE REVEALED when the annual accounts are produced.

Even if they are a bit wrong 18.5 million pound is a fair amount of money to be wrong by thou isnt - even more so when you consider that we didnt pay full amount for johnson or aqualini .

Maybe Purlsow is just talking about 18.5 mil spend and not including the money that came in on player sales .

The board of liverpool have shown to lie before - they have history of it .

It seems more likely that those spending figures are based on money in & money (in real terms) out THIS season. It's highly unlikely we got all £30 million for Alonso in one big hit in the same way we haven't (likely) paid out all the money for Aquilani and Johnson as yet. I think the majority of transfer payments are made in bit parts.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:So money wasnt available for Rafa to spend then last summer ?

The normal 20 mil circa wasnt there for player purchases last summer becuase maybe we didnt have 20 mil to spend on player purchases just like dont think we will have this summer .

Benny, I think it's generally established and accepted by everyone (pro or anti) that Rafa didn't get any real net spend this past summer.

However, he did blow the remaining £35 million (ish - depending which figures you believe) on the wrong players.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Penguins wrote:Manure had such overflow of class last season.
Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez!!!  All of who are class forwards. Only cost a cool 70-80 million....

We had Torres and not much else.

If manure loose a couple they have 2 top class forwards left which doesn't affect them that much.

We don't have that luxury.

Is correct, so i have to ask, if it's so bloody obvious to you, me and every other bugger that we're fooked if Torres get injured.

Why the hell did Rafa blow close to £20 million each on a full-back and an injured Italian Centre-Mid?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Tue May 04, 2010 8:05 pm

How about David Luiz, the Brazilian Left Back from Benfica, thought he was real quality when we played them recently, also Joe Cole who still hasn't signed a Contract yet at Chelsea and would be available on a Bosman, there's two for very little outlay and i apologise for getting back onto topic!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 04, 2010 8:08 pm

I see a few reports linking us with Cole today which was encouraging because he is an excellent player. Available on a free so deffo worth the gamble that his injury record brings. Versatile player who can do a job on the right, left, in the hole or as centre-mid, personally I'd love to have seen him play CM more in his career (he was excellent there during his last 18 months at West Ham).
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Plus he's English, 28 and coming back into some sort of form, Luiz is 22-23 can play centre half as well, thought he was outstanding at Anfield, defending as well as coming forward with the ball.
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Penguins » Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Penguins wrote:Manure had such overflow of class last season.
Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez!!!  All of who are class forwards. Only cost a cool 70-80 million....

We had Torres and not much else.

If manure loose a couple they have 2 top class forwards left which doesn't affect them that much.

We don't have that luxury.

Is correct, so i have to ask, if it's so bloody obvious to you, me and every other bugger that we're fooked if Torres get injured.

Why the hell did Rafa blow close to £20 million each on a full-back and an injured Italian Centre-Mid?

Well, he knew we needed a right back and we needed more english players.
Pompey owed us money for Crouch and Johnson was available.
As it seems now we are owing Pompey money! which means we might not have paid a penny last summer for Johnson or at least very little.
And besides Rafa said in an interview after the Johnson signing that he was expecting a couple of more signings. But then July came and the refinancing put a stop to that and nothing happened!

After Alonso was sold he got a fraction of that money to spend that summer so he had to find a club that was willing to accept a deal where a class player would be allowed to leave with 5 million paid up front. Not that many teams were interested, big surprise.
And what I know it was the medical team that estimated he'd be out a further 3 months. It isn't just Rafa's fault the injury was worse that expected.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion