Player of the season so far - Interesting point!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 pm

:no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:23 pm

Player of the season id probably have to say crouch.. hes really boosted his confidence these past few weeks though.. he is a really good striker :D  and is a threat to any team.. people say hes 'unplayable' because hes so tall and players cannot compete with him

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:23 am

I think we should say apart from gerrard who do think the player of the season should be.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby RAGE UK » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:29 am

5 posts from effes to say what ?.
Err ill get more posts up then anyone else.?.
Err I was going to say something interesting but ummmmm ?.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:00 am

As for me ...

1) SG

2) Carra

3) Alonso, Sissoko, HK and SF ..:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:25 am

RAGE UK wrote:5 posts from effes to say what ?.
Err ill get more posts up then anyone else.?.
Err I was going to say something interesting but ummmmm ?.

Well, think it was obvious I was bladdered - Sat night, 3am.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:45 am

The big improvement for us this year is defence, not midfield, and certainly not the strikers.

You'd have to pick either Carra or Hyppia. I'd give to Sammi because Carra has been consistent for the past 3 seasons, no matter where he's put. Hyppia however had dropped off a lot.
He looked slow, always caught out of position, but he's turned it around and been a friggn rock this season.
tel

Postby Erica » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:51 am

Gerrard
Erica

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:05 am

1. Stevie G
2. Finnan
3. Carra
4. Alonso

Most improved? -finnan/Kewell
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:29 pm

"Steve Gerrard, Gerrard"

All the way for me all out action hero.

:bowdown  :buttrock
Flashard

Postby flipmode » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:35 pm

Stevie G - Definatly

Close by Finnan, Carra, Alonso
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:08 pm

1) Stevie
=2) Alonso
=2) Carra
4) Finnan
...but all very close together.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:11 pm

despite the marked improvement of kewell, the ever superb carragher and finnan, and the emergence of reina and sisssoko, for me it has to be our talismanic captain, who for me, has had his best season since the 2003/2004 season when he virtually singlehandedly got the team into the champions league.

i've seen a marked improvement in him as a player and as a captain this season (i'll put saturday's blunder down to a rush of blood). i've openly criticised him in the past for poor discipline (both tactically and physically), poor body language and going missing in big league games, but this season he has really stepped his game up 20% and he's now not only the best central midfielder in the league, but the best right sided midfielder aswell.

to be honest the signs have been there since day 1. he was scoring goals for fun in the CL qualifiers and he then put in a breathtaking individual performance against boro on the first day when he should have had a hatrick. i remember gareth southgate coming out after that game and saying that at times it was as if gerrard was getting on the end of his own crosses.

i remember starting a thread after that game where i "went out on a limb" and claimed that gerrard would score 20-25 goals this season and would also be voted pfa player of the year. whilst the former will be true, i don't think the latter will be too far off either. i certainly expect him to be in the shortlist for the final three, probably along with joe cole and rooney.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby romliv » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:15 pm

i think that Luis Garcia can be the player of the season : he was decisive in many games
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:25 pm

I don't believe any real Liverpool fan can deny that Steven Gerrard is the player of the season so far. He has scored more than any other, i'd be surprised if any other player has more assists. Carragher comes in at second but I think a more fitting title for Carra is Most Improved Player. It makes you wonder why he hasn't been our main centre-back for longer - and he's a perfect deputy to Gerrard as captain.

Notable performances this season also are: Alonso & Finnan, these players are the only ones to have been consistent in performance all season, others such as Sissoko, Crouch, Garcia, Kewell, etc have come good of late but have been a little inconsistent. Aside from this their performances give positive signs for next season.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion