Pick of the bunch - Selecting and setting up a first xi if..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Elchris » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 pm

reina
finnan carvalho carra heinze

ronaldo gerrard scholes joe cole

rooney drogba

After Next Season

reina

finnan carra agger aurellio

pennant gerrard alonso babel

torres kuyt
Elchris

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:06 am

Alright, I'll stop arguing with LFC2007. He has his views and I have mine. If we differ then that doesn't mean either of us wrong, we just have different interperations of how things are going at the club that we BOTH love. Sorry for some of the things I've said pal, should never say them to a fellow red and I regret doing it now. I'm sure our paths on here will meet again, where we differ but I don't think it will get to this stage again. Being a Liverpool supporter is all about loyalty to the club and me being one of the older fans on here should know that more than most. And the way me and you have been carrying on, that's not loyalty. So again sorry for certain things I've said and I look forward to reading yours along with everybody elses views on whatever topics are brought up.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Alright, I'll stop arguing with LFC2007. He has his views and I have mine. If we differ then that doesn't mean either of us wrong, we just have different interperations of how things are going at the club that we BOTH love. Sorry for some of the things I've said pal, should never say them to a fellow red and I regret doing it now. I'm sure our paths on here will meet again, where we differ but I don't think it will get to this stage again. Being a Liverpool supporter is all about loyalty to the club and me being one of the older fans on here should know that more than most. And the way me and you have been carrying on, that's not loyalty. So again sorry for certain things I've said and I look forward to reading yours along with everybody elses views on whatever topics are brought up.

Once again, fair play mate.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:32 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Alright, I'll stop arguing with LFC2007. He has his views and I have mine. If we differ then that doesn't mean either of us wrong, we just have different interperations of how things are going at the club that we BOTH love. Sorry for some of the things I've said pal, should never say them to a fellow red and I regret doing it now. I'm sure our paths on here will meet again, where we differ but I don't think it will get to this stage again. Being a Liverpool supporter is all about loyalty to the club and me being one of the older fans on here should know that more than most. And the way me and you have been carrying on, that's not loyalty. So again sorry for certain things I've said and I look forward to reading yours along with everybody elses views on whatever topics are brought up.

Well said mate  :nod
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:38 am

I'm wellin' up here  :sniffle .

I'll give you two about a week before it hopefully kicks off again  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:26 pm

Based on Chelsea, mancs, Liverpool and Arsenal - but only those players who've actually played for the clubs in the Premiership

....................Reina.....................
Nobhead...Carragher..Terry....Bridge
Ronaldo...Gerrard...Essien....Robben
............Rooney.....Drogba.............

That makes 5 Chelsea, 3 Liverpool, 3 scum and no Arsenal.

Notable absentees :

Cech - I think Reina is solid and there's little in it. This may seem a biased pick for GK but Cech has a lot of expensive players in front of him yet I know from analysis that Reina has the same basic defence as predecessors and has excelled above normal expectated improvement in defence

Druggie - most over-rated pile of turd ever, a good defender but prone to terrible mistakes and he is sometimes exposed for lacking any positional sense - and I'm not referring to not being at his drug test!

Cashley - second most over-rated pile of turd, he can look brilliant defensively one minute, but suspect the next. Heinze is ok but probably better at CB

Giggs - close call, could easily have included him in place of Robben

Lampard - nowhere near as important to Chelsea as Stevie and Essien are. Same goes for the likes of Carrick, Scholes etc who work well as a team

Crouch - well it was close, I reckon this time next year he'll be in ahead of all-comers! (jk)

ARSENAL - they have good players, maybe just not too much in the way of stand out candidates. I nearly included Clichy and Eboue, but I guess nobhead by name and nature is pretty solid even if he is a complete :censored:. Gone-ry's out of the picture. I guess Toure is unlucky but Terry and Carra are so solid he would have to be first name on the bench.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Best 11 From the top Four sides, new signings not included

....................Reina.......................
Eboue....Gallas....Ferdinand.....Heinze
Ronaldo...Gerrard....Alonso....Robben
.........Rooney....Shevchenco............

3 Liverpool, 3 Man Utd, 3 Chelsea, 2 Arsenal

I picked mine based on abilty, not form, just in case your wondering why Shevchenco's in there! .  :D
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:54 pm

Woof you're giving me too much credit their lad, a week? Bloody heck that speech must of been convincing :D

now time for my unbiased side (3-5-2, so I can get Agger in)
Reina--for my money best keeper in Europe at this moment
Carra--best centre half in the world
Terry--class defender
Agger--great ball playing centre half and with those 2 rocks at the back, Agger would flow
Ronaldo on the right wing--can't argue with the lads quality last season
Giggs as the left winger--the fella was great again last year
Alonso and Makelele as defensive midfielders--Makelele breaking the game up, Alonso spreading the ball would look good together
Gerrard--bombing on from central midfield, best player in the world
Rooney--playing up front. Not the most clinical bust still world class
Crouch--I couldn't leave England's saviour out. Last season he played good enough to earn this spot in my starting IX

Subs: Cech, Eboue, Fabregas, Tevez, Drogba
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:19 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Woof you're giving me too much credit their lad, a week? Bloody heck that speech must of been convincing :D

now time for my unbiased side (3-5-2, so I can get Agger in)
Reina--for my money best keeper in Europe at this moment
Carra--best centre half in the world
Terry--class defender
Agger--great ball playing centre half and with those 2 rocks at the back, Agger would flow
Ronaldo on the right wing--can't argue with the lads quality last season
Giggs as the left winger--the fella was great again last year
Alonso and Makelele as defensive midfielders--Makelele breaking the game up, Alonso spreading the ball would look good together
Gerrard--bombing on from central midfield, best player in the world
Rooney--playing up front. Not the most clinical bust still world class
Crouch--I couldn't leave England's saviour out. Last season he played good enough to earn this spot in my starting IX

Subs: Cech, Eboue, Fabregas, Tevez, Drogba

Nice team mate..... Obviously disagree on some players... already have my team up so no real necessity to elaborate methinks...

Extremely offensive and maybe not enough defensive coverage down the wings though....

With both Ronaldo and Giggs on the wings.... we may be just be found slightly wanting on the defensive side.

Also, (not taking the pi$$ or anything) but some of the player descriptions seem well over the top.... The rose tinted glasses are just a touch too red perhaps?

:D
ConnO'var

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:01 pm

Yeah maybe they're are a little too red, lets be honest I gave Ronaldo, Giggs and Rooney far too much credit :D
god_bless_john_houlding

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion