PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:30 pm wrote:It's a foul that ended up with a nasty fall and a yellow card. It's not a red card challenge

I'll happily kick you in the nuts for a yellow card,

F'uck it, I'll happily kick you in the nuts whatever the penalty

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Look at that video again Benny, Williams hangs his foot up in front of Coutinho and then having seen the ball break away DELIBERATELY and unnecessarily aims a boot at Coutinho's nuts .

Can't believe you're attempting to mitigate the penalty Williams should have received for that action.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 pm

It's a professional foul - it's a yellow card .If that's a red card then might as well make it non contact sport. If a red card is given for deliberate fouls then games will be abandoned with 45 mins.
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:10 pm

What an absolute ***** that Williams is.

Not just with the Couthino thing but overall in the game, he is the type you send an assassin on last 5 mins to break
his legs.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:57 pm

devastating news that ,six weeks with out our most innovative player.....I hope Williams gets a good clattering against Valencia and leaves the pitch
spitting blood and writhing in agony with every rib shattered................Is that perhaps a touch too harsh ? OK then just chemical castration,or a good
hard kick in the gonads from Eric Meijer ,then again he'd probably miss  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Sorry, but that tackle was never a red card in a million years. Granted it wasn't pleasant and it was clearly a ***** trick designed to floor the lad, but he didn't mean to f*ck the lads shoulder up and put him out for six weeks.

Its a contact sport.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:12 pm

williams initially looks like he`s pulling his leg away but then seems to change his mind and decides to leave it there.
huge blow to lose phil for that amount of time. the arrival of him and sturridge totally turned not just this team around but this club also.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:23 pm

StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 pm wrote:Sorry, but that tackle was never a red card in a million years. Granted it wasn't pleasant and it was clearly a ***** trick designed to floor the lad, but he didn't mean to f*ck the lads shoulder up and put him out for six weeks.

Its a contact sport.

Last I checked. Physically attacking your opponent was outside the FIFA rule book.
And my old man is a referee inspector, so I double checked with him.
Yep, you're both talking through your hole...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 pm

StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 pm wrote:Sorry, but that tackle was never a red card in a million years. Granted it wasn't pleasant and it was clearly a ***** trick designed to floor the lad, but he didn't mean to f*ck the lads shoulder up and put him out for six weeks.

Its a contact sport.

He can see the Coutinho is getting past him so he has fouled him to stop him carrying on. The landing is unfortunate ( which caused the injury ) but never see it as red card and certainly not many refs would give it as red. Hence why the ref gave a yellow and a foul.
Benny The Noon

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:59 pm wrote:Sorry, but that tackle was never a red card in a million years. Granted it wasn't pleasant and it was clearly a ***** trick designed to floor the lad, but he didn't mean to f*ck the lads shoulder up and put him out for six weeks.

Its a contact sport.

Last I checked. Physically attacking your opponent was outside the FIFA rule book.

Ahh yes... the good old, if my dad says its right then you're wrong arguement...

Shut up.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Williams' tackle was never a straight red in a million years.  He knew he was beaten and he left a foot in, it's a professional foul and a yellow card, which is exactly what he got.

The fact that his trailing foot caught Coutinho in the knackers, well, only Williams knows if that was deliberate.  I think he just wanted to bring him down.  The fact Coutinho did his shoulder in is unlucky and has zero to do with whether Williams should get a yellow or a red.

What's for sure is we are seriously lacking ball carriers in the team without Coutinho and Suarez next game.  You need that in a team, you can't play everything one or two touch and you need someone who can commit defenders with the ball.  Sterling is our next best at that and should start our next game.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 pm

He's out for weeks now is he?
Well thats what happens in the physical premier league English game, and your only a 4 ft tall Brazillian.your gonna get crunched in tackles.

Red card? Never.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:19 am

You'll never see red for that, but let's be honest, you've seen red for much less. Not only has he left his foot, but he's very clearly and purposefully kicked out at Coutinho. He didn't need to kick out with his studs like that, but he did because he's a dirty player. Watching that game I realized how dirty Williams was. There were quite a few fouls that were very dirty because there was intent, and I'm shocked he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. He attacked Gerrard in the first half as well, and I have no clue what that was all about.

No worries. Suarez will bite his testicles off at Anfield.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:17 am

StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:27 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:

Its a contact sport.

Ahh yes... the good old, if my dad says its right then you're wrong arguement...

Shut up.

Stu wasn't it you that patronisingly claimed to play football professionally and then tried to further back up your argument with that old chestnut: my mate trained with Manchester United and he says... Talk about double standards mate - shocking behaviour - you should be sent off !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:28 am

ethanr » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:19 am wrote:You'll never see red for that, but let's be honest, you've seen red for much less. Not only has he left his foot, but he's very clearly and purposefully kicked out at Coutinho. He didn't need to kick out with his studs like that, but he did because he's a dirty player. Watching that game I realized how dirty Williams was. There were quite a few fouls that were very dirty because there was intent, and I'm shocked he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. He attacked Gerrard in the first half as well, and I have no clue what that was all about.

No worries. Suarez will bite his testicles off at Anfield.

Williams is a dirty player - no doubt about that , pretty solid defender though. It was a cynical foul trying to stop Coutinho who was gliding past him - the damage was done by the fall as opposed to the contact from Williams
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion