PHILIPP DEGEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby King Carra » Tue May 20, 2008 8:19 pm

We were never going to sign Alves, so people can stop living on cloud 9, the Alves dea, passed a couple of years ago. Rafa's not going to blow 20+ million on a right back, when there's other positions to strengthen first, like the wings. We've a strong defence, and well this Degen transfer doesn't exactly make me wanna smile, I trust Rafa. I do honestly believe that Degen is a short term signing, someone who can provide extra cover, and possibly look better in this system until a right back at a reasonable price comes along.

I'm sick of people saying that we have to spend lots of money. We don't. Our club is vunerable at the moment, and ffs, we don't want to end up like Leeds United. We're not gonna win the title next season (well we might, but it's a long shot). Chelsea and Man utd are far better equppied than us and it's gonna be a long term job before we can get to the being the best team in England. But it will come, just might be a couple of seasons away.
King Carra

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Sabre wrote:On Garay, S@int says

Real Madrid have just signed Garay for 10m Euros, when we wanted him last season I think it was around the £12million mark.

Correct, but they have agreed to loan Garay to Racing itself one more season, and that explains part of the lower price.

Not sure its been definately agreed he is going back on loan Sabre, but even so I think its an indication that top players are a little cheaper at the moment (no doubt after the Euro's) their prices will rocket)

19/05/2008 18:35
Calderón Confirms Garay Signing
Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón has confirmed the signing of Racing Santander defender Ezequiel Garay...
»Comments (44) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us  galleria zoom    Calderón quickly confirmed the rumours that Madrid had paid out for the young Argentine.

He said, "We paid 10 million euros in cash for Garay - a player on whom we are very keen.

"This also demonstrates, moreover, the good economic standing of our club."

Calderón's comments on the centre-back's future, though, were nothing if not interesting.

"He's a young player who could play this season as next," he explained, stating that he could be loaned back to Racing despite being a Madrid player now.

Going Nowhere

The president also found time to react to rumours that Robinho and Mahamadou Diarrà are set to leave the club.

"The only thing that we'll say about Robinho and Diarra is that they're intransferible," insisted Calderón.

When Garay arrives, he must compete for places with the likes of Fabio Cannavaro, Pepe, and Christoph Metzelder.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Degen is a strange signing indeed.

Ill watch him closely in the Euros
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm

He'll break Torres leg at EURO 2008

Then wink at the bench.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Well as i said earlier not seen him play so ill judge the lad when he wears the red shirt . Could be a sneaky one by Raffa here . All these people who are looking on that youtube thingy and trying to judge the lad from a video clip well all ill say is get a grip.

Judge the lad when hes played for us ffs he hasnt even put a shirt on yet.

So ill wait until then to say if hes S.hit or not  :laugh:

Sill a great name though can you imagine shoutin on the Kop

Get stuck in Philly lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 pm

I thought we had that Garay in the bag. I knew it was too good to be true.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm

He'll break Torres leg at EURO 2008

Then wink at the bench.

Christ Manhattan don't say stuff like that! :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 20, 2008 10:07 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:He'll break Torres leg at EURO 2008

Then wink at the bench.

Sorry but thats not funny :no
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:13 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Then wink at the bench.

your forgiven.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Then wink at the bench.

your forgiven.

Why what have i been forgiven for :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue May 20, 2008 11:48 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Chelsea sign Bosingwa £16.5 million.

Liverpool sign Degen  err  nowt.

Thanks TOM and GEORGE.

Say's it all really. :no

Firstly, its the first signing. It means nothing.

Secondly, what is so special about Bosingwa? The portugese press rated Ferreira better than him. Just because the like sof Man Utd and Chelsea over pay for average players how does that relate to our signings? Did you miss last seasons purchase of Torres?

Thirdly, since when is Rafa signing a bosman mean the board aren't giving him money to spend. Its May FFS! I could start to level with you if this was August but the season has barely finished.

Some of these comments only go to show some fans short sightedness or an excuse to twist a story to suit their own agenda.

I don't know if bosingwa is worth what they payed , probably not. Infact i don't think what utd payed for carrick hargreaves anderson and nani was worth it . We have twice been able to buy in the top range of the market in the last i don't know five or six years . THey are Torres and Mascherano imo . If we were or are able to compete in the transfer market at the top level , do you think we would be where we are now?

Hicks and Gillett made promises regarding bringing in better players and spending the money to do so . Rafa has had to sell players before he could buy . Net spend last summer £20 million , not much more than under moores. The rest of the money to buy players has been borrowed . Now i don't know if you realise that G+H are in a bit of a mess financially , so where do you suppose there going to get the money from to buy the better players .

Like i said before thanks TOM AND GEORGE.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Chelsea sign Bosingwa £16.5 million.

Liverpool sign Degen  err  nowt.

Thanks TOM and GEORGE.

Say's it all really. :no

Firstly, its the first signing. It means nothing.

Secondly, what is so special about Bosingwa? The portugese press rated Ferreira better than him. Just because the like sof Man Utd and Chelsea over pay for average players how does that relate to our signings? Did you miss last seasons purchase of Torres?

Thirdly, since when is Rafa signing a bosman mean the board aren't giving him money to spend. Its May FFS! I could start to level with you if this was August but the season has barely finished.

Some of these comments only go to show some fans short sightedness or an excuse to twist a story to suit their own agenda.

I don't know if bosingwa is worth what they payed , probably not. Infact i don't think what utd payed for carrick hargreaves anderson and nani was worth it . We have twice been able to buy in the top range of the market in the last i don't know five or six years . THey are Torres and Mascherano imo . If we were or are able to compete in the transfer market at the top level , do you think we would be where we are now?

Hicks and Gillett made promises regarding bringing in better players and spending the money to do so . Rafa has had to sell players before he could buy . Net spend last summer £20 million , not much more than under moores. The rest of the money to buy players has been borrowed . Now i don't know if you realise that G+H are in a bit of a mess financially , so where do you suppose there going to get the money from to buy the better players .

Like i said before thanks TOM AND GEORGE.

Spot on Igor lad .

Lets just hope mate this is sorted before its to late to sign quality maybe then we can go shoppin at Markys instead of the pound shop.

Give Raffa some :censored: money you pair of gobsh.ites
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 21, 2008 9:05 am

Those players that Utd signed may not have been worth it but most players are over inflated when it comes to big clubs buying them.You just have to put up with it. At the end of the day they all contributed to what might be a double this year so im sure Fergies spending will be justified.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 21, 2008 11:00 am

Why can't people be just be positive for once instead of trying to convince themselves that he'll fail so they can say 'told you so'?

We have never been a rich or glamourous club, even in our glory years, and used to have a reputation for fighting through adversity and rising to the challenge. Now, though, everyone is just so lazy and defeatist and prefer the Chelsea model.

If he's not good enough, fine, but lets support the lad at least.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 pm

stmichael wrote:Why can't people be just be positive for once instead of trying to convince themselves that he'll fail so they can say 'told you so'?

We have never been a rich or glamourous club, even in our glory years, and used to have a reputation for fighting through adversity and rising to the challenge. Now, though, everyone is just so lazy and defeatist and prefer the Chelsea model.

If he's not good enough, fine, but lets support the lad at least.

I have never wanted Liverpool to be a cash spending club like Chelsea. I respect and admire the club for other reasons rather than the financial power they might had or have.

That said, it písses me off to see clubs like Tottenham trying to get the likes of Etoo while we try to get the likes of Kuyt or Degen, and not that I'm a Kuyt basher around here. That doesn't mean of course the lad won't deserve our support. Any committed player wearing the red shirt deserves that.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion