Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby europian-kings » Tue May 20, 2008 3:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHAJRvQfeg&feature=related

looks good enough for me
???
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue May 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Rupi wrote:I'm Swiss, so I know the lad and I'm not excited at all by this transfer. He's a very average right back, with for only skill going forward (without providing any good crosses) and forgetting to come back in defense.

Maybe I overreact a little bit, but I really believe he doesn't even deserve to be a Swiss national regular.

I'm ok to give him a chance to prove me I'm wrong, but I really think I will be even more disappointed as I'm now...

Worrying.

But you never know.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 pm

Sabre wrote:
Rupi wrote:I'm Swiss, so I know the lad and I'm not excited at all by this transfer. He's a very average right back, with for only skill going forward (without providing any good crosses) and forgetting to come back in defense.

Maybe I overreact a little bit, but I really believe he doesn't even deserve to be a Swiss national regular.

I'm ok to give him a chance to prove me I'm wrong, but I really think I will be even more disappointed as I'm now...

Worrying.

But you never know.

thing is.. this is not an isolated report. everyone who HAS seen him play has said the same thing.

In fact the borissia Dortmund forums are practically happy!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 pm

europian-kings wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHAJRvQfeg&feature=related

looks good enough for me
???

give the guy a break. how many keepy uppys can YOU do with your kegs stuck up your ar.se crack?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue May 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Dortmund saw fit to let his contract run after a spate of injuries and poor form so we take him on free.

We already have 3 right backs on the books plus Garragher who covered there last year but they guys costing nowt and thats about where we are at right now.

Lets be honest Rafa would like Alves but we have such a restricted budget he is doing what he can with it and  taken a chance that Degen can recapture the form he showed as youngster.

Good luck too him but to me why another wage bill on a player that is probably no better than we have in that position already

:glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Tue May 20, 2008 4:37 pm

chavski spend 16 mill to improve there squad on a right back and risk another voronin flop in the free bargain bin of players looking for a big pay day

rafa would want llam and has to put up with mutton!!

and please no you tube footage as i am tempted to put me on there at 5 a side as i reckon with enough time you could catch me playing well for 2 mins
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby t-h-o-m » Tue May 20, 2008 4:40 pm

we need to buy quality - not degen
t-h-o-m

Postby club_Levis » Tue May 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Dont worry about the lad. He will obviously give the manager " options" and " possibilities" .

True we cant outspend Manure and Chelsea and according to some here thats the reason we should be behind them all seasons.

Not excited at all about this deal.
club_Levis

Postby europian-kings » Tue May 20, 2008 4:43 pm

andy_g wrote:
europian-kings wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHAJRvQfeg&feature=related

looks good enough for me
???

give the guy a break. how many keepy uppys can YOU do with your kegs stuck up your ar.se crack?

please don't give me ideas  :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby upstate » Tue May 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Nobody has seen enough of Degen to really give a honest evaluation, but I believe in Rafa and I believe that Degen can and will succeed at Liverpool.  The fact is Liverpool already have a world-class central defense (Agger, Carra, Skrtel) and I know for a fact Reina is one of the top five goalkeepers in the world (Casillas is the greatest keeper in the world, and if not for him Reina would have established himself as the Spanish no. 1), so our defense is already very strong.  Any international player can only boost our team and if he isn't strong enough to be immediately placed into the starting 11, then at least he will put pressure on whoever is in his position.

I am 100% behind Rafa and i feel anyone we sign should be viewed as by the fans as a great signing.  Rafa wouldn't sign him if he hasn't already proven himself.  Welcome to Liverpool Philipp Degen, wear the colors proudly.
upstate

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:54 pm

by the way Radio 5 live have said this deal has been on the book since January.

so it seems he was one of the deals we were told about that had already been done.
:(
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:56 pm

club_Levis wrote:Dont worry about the lad. He will obviously give the manager " options" and " possibilities" .

True we cant outspend Manure and Chelsea and according to some here thats the reason we should be behind them all seasons.

Not excited at all about this deal.

It might be more down to the owners.
Pick the guy up on a free, play him in a few game  and he gets the Liverpool tag........then sell him for profit.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue May 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I cant say im excited about this fella.
But its probably best to keep an open mind for now.Regardless of what we know or dont know about him he desreves our support and a chance to prove himself.

Its fair to say he wont be 1st choice,probably just cover in case of injuries!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby essexpoolfan » Tue May 20, 2008 5:55 pm

I honestly don't know anything about Degen and some of the comments on him seem worrying but I can't see why everyone is getting :censored: off at the fact we have signed someone on a free transfer. For all you know he could turn out being as good as a player e would have spent £15-20m on and if he isnt good enough then at least we haven't wasted any money. The transfer will not affect the budget which means there is no reason why we still won't spend big.

I also wonder if any of our current right backs could be moving on because of this siging?
essexpoolfan

Postby Emerald Red » Tue May 20, 2008 5:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:what a great name

PHILLY DEGAN

crackin scouse name that :laugh:

Rafa knew this, and acted quickly so he could please the fans.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue May 20, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion