PHILIPP DEGEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Why dont we just splash the cash on one great right back and be done with it.

Seems to me that this is a strong indication that we don't have any cash to splash.  :down:  It's hard to forget about the backroom power struggle and remember that we are a football club first and foremost (as certain people would have us do) when what's happening with the owners is clearly having a significant impact on the kind of squad we're going to be able to put on the pitch next season. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 20, 2008 12:44 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:In all fairness, Dossena and - dare I say Agger - don't really compare with a Vidic and Ferdinand combo now, do they ?
I don't get this "Let's settle for a less expensive player" syndrome....Maybe it's because the funds can't/won't be committed by those muppets in charge at the club....maybe Rafa is loathe to spend ludicrous sums of money on players (though Torres knocks that argument on the head !)

What the f*ck are you talking about?  Dossena is a top class FB, and Skrtel and Agger are some of the most talented young defenders in the world.  They could just easily be as good as those two :censored:.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Why dont we just splash the cash on one great right back and be done with it.

Seems to me that this is a strong indication that we don't have any cash to splash.  :down:  It's hard to forget about the backroom power struggle and remember that we are a football club first and foremost (as certain people would have us do) when what's happening with the owners is clearly having a significant impact on the kind of squad we're going to be able to put on the pitch next season. :no

I hope you are wrong mate, if we dont look like we can be in the running for the prem from the start then i feel some of our big names we be going to clubs that can.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm

WHAT IS THE MONEY, HICKS ?? :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 20, 2008 12:47 pm

I think that we should give the guy a chance, even though he hasn't impressed many people.  I'll judge him only when I see him play a few games. 

Welcome to LFC Degen!
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby puroresu » Tue May 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Disappointing that now Alves has said he wants to leave seville we aint in race for him.
puroresu

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 20, 2008 12:53 pm

how this move can start to make some sense. If we sell Finnan (for what like a million pounds?) thats a million pounds more than we had the day before we sold him, and if he is going to be cover anyway any drop off would be viewed as negligable. And the right back position overall would be younger and more attacking. Also if you are worried about Arbeloa's quality (which I am not), then maybe Rafa sees Carra as the main right back with Skrtel and Agger in the middle. Arbeloa would be seen as the all around cover, and Degen as the right back cover if Arbeloa is filling in on the left.
If we do bring in the Italian leftback for 8 mill, I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH Aurelio and Riise are sold, with Arbeloa as the cover and Insua as the third/alternate option.

I guess its also within the realm of possibility that this guy is way better than everyone thinks and will bring some free flowing football up and down the right flank and provide beautiful pinpoint accurate crosses to Torres head time after time after time.  But just as easily could be just as bad if not worse than Voronin and a total question mark move on behalf of Rafa
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Tue May 20, 2008 1:24 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I think that we should give the guy a chance, even though he hasn't impressed many people.  I'll judge him only when I see him play a few games. 

Welcome to LFC Degen!

We have had enough half arsed unknown players come to this club. LFC willl always give players the chance to prove themselves but if the rest of the summer continues like this then we wont be contenders come next season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bavlondon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33xT3YIkTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33xT3YIkTo

:;):

I have studied the slideshow of Deggan and although it is admittedly early, I have come to the conclusion that he is sh!te.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue May 20, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Welcome to Liverpool Degen.

But I am starting to see why there are shouts of disaprroval from fans of the 'sports franchises' that Hicks owns in his native america. Little investment, not helping the club progress like he should as an owner of a large sports community! Sound familiar?

If Torres and Babel and maybe Mascherano where bought using loans that means any other crucial signings we make will most likely be made in the same fashion thus putting the club in more financial restraint.

This is why we need a larger stadium, so we can compete for the big names and the real talent that is out there.

Some people say that Russia/China are the most currupt countries in the world? Well I think that belongs to America, just look at the :censored: we have had to put up with since that country sniffed around our club. 

:angry:
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue May 20, 2008 1:34 pm

bigmick wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
bavlondon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33xT3YIkTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33xT3YIkTo

:;):

I have studied the slideshow of Deggan and although it is admittedly early, I have come to the conclusion that he is sh!te.

:p

Yeah I think so too. I know you cant judge someone of a youtube video but I mean this guy doesnt even have any footage whatsoever. People must have had such a low opinion of him like "hes :censored: :censored: why would i make a video on him".

That slideshow was probably just made by some girl who likes him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 pm

people usually don't take the time to do a whole highlight package of a right back
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Tue May 20, 2008 1:42 pm

:censored: to that. I reckon he is going to flop.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:47 pm

It's not the most exciting signing the club will ever make but just because he's not commanded an astronomical fee doesn't mean he's shite.
In this age of spending ridiculous amounts on players the art of finding quality bargains seems to have been forgotten.

It's hard to see our main rivals splashing 15 & 20million quid a time on players and undoubtedly it does make our prospects that bit harder next season.
This doesn't guarantee you're getting a player that is gonna be the dogs bollox in the English game everytime though, just think of Veron & Shevchenko to name just two. Both cost a combined £58 million more or less and both were shite over here.

Degen is only the first this summer so I'd say it is way too early to get too disheartened but I do agree it doesn't seem to bode too well considering what talent is supposedly available this summer.

Good luck to the lad anyway and hopefully Rafa has pulled one out of the bag here.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue May 20, 2008 1:57 pm

all i know about him is that from his name you can make Legend Hip Pip, Nipple Hid Peg, Pigpen Hip Led, Ding Help Pipe and Held Ping Pipe

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion