PHILIPP DEGEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:So Long Degan ... I would say you were shite ...but that would be just giving you a title

:D He wasn't very good was he. I do think he might be hard to move on though on his contract. Hopefully I'm wrong.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:49 pm

He only just showed Sean Dundee up mate :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Sean Dundee fecking hell :laugh:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 pm

May as well get some of these lads off the wage bill and allow room for younger players to develop. In the past if we had a problem position or injury we went and brought a player in on loan or for small money, like the Greek, but I would sooner allow one of these young kids a shot for a few games and save the money. Even the lad from Rangers only cost £2m initially and we spent almost that on Kyriagos but the kids only 18 with a promising career ahead. Its just common sense approach and seems obvious but so often managers cant see the wood for the trees and up making the game difficult.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:16 pm

parchpea wrote:May as well get some of these lads off the wage bill and allow room for younger players to develop. In the past if we had a problem position or injury we went and brought a player in on loan or for small money, like the Greek, but I would sooner allow one of these young kids a shot for a few games and save the money. Even the lad from Rangers only cost £2m initially and we spent almost that on Kyriagos but the kids only 18 with a promising career ahead. Its just common sense approach and seems obvious but so often managers cant see the wood for the trees and up making the game difficult.

Perhaps, but sometimes bringing in an old hand is a master stroke.  Think Gary Mac.  I actually think the Grok, while not quite a master stroke, was a shrewd buy: he's added a physical dimension that's handy for some of those trench warfare league matches and he's been playing the game for some time now, which is often an asset when you're looking at getting a central defender.  The youth policy has a lot of merit but sometimes you need someone a little longer in the tooth as well.

With all that said, Degen's shabite and should be moved on sharpish. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Some positions I like kids in. Full back is always a slot where a kid can play. Nine times out of ten they've got a bit of pace, they're eager and can bomb up and down the line, it's less physical against a tricky dicky winger than it is against a Kevin Davis, and you can match them up one on one against an opponent and let them take their chances.

Centre half though is a slot where the kid absolutely must have some physicality about him. Johnny Evans at the Mancs has, as do Ryan Shawcross and those types of guys (even though he's not exactly a kid as such). This Scottish lad though needs to fill out in my view to become a proper centre half.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Is Degen gone, then?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Is Degen gone, then?

Nope, according to a link I just saw he is actually in the starting 11 for tonight's friendly.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I thought Degen thought he might of had a second chance with Hodgson having his Swiss links but fair play to Hod I think he knows the score and it certainly isn't taking him long to settle in is it
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:56 pm

shop window for him tonight hopefully
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Another of Rafa's triumphs bites the dust!
shabelle50

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 am

What amn I doijjng up at 3:15 in the morming ... welll apparrently  teh wife was scared off the noisess I wasaa making in myyh sleep becoz I amm bladdeererd see
Shusssssh I am fightingg off the whirliees here wit little succes ... anywat
Tod Carty wdas less funny  on ice thaan Degen was on grass ans thatsd about thay
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 am

Johnny Boy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Is Degen gone, then?

Nope, according to a link I just saw he is actually in the starting 11 for tonight's friendly.

I think the gist is that Degen won't play much of a part in Woy's plans so Woy's told him that he can go if he wants.

I'm sure Degen will just go now so he doesn't take any more money from us, find a club later - NOT.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:27 pm

degans a joke
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Should been signed up for Stuttgart by friday
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion