PHILIPP DEGEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 pm

he was hardly ever fit, and when he was, he wasn't good enough. Would prefer to see Darby or Kelly there ahead of Degan.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC ANIME » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Owzat wrote:Philipp Degen told he can leave Liverpool

New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has told defender Philipp Degen he is free to look for a new club.

The Switzerland international has struggled to make an impact since arriving at Anfield on a free transfer from Borussia Dortmund in July 2008.

The 27-year-old has made only eight starts and five substitute appearances.

"We have had an amicable conversation and he wants to play football," said Hodgson. "We won't stand in his way and he is free to look for another club."

The move continues Hodgson's rebuilding efforts since leaving Fulham to take over at the club on 1 July.

England international Joe Cole and Serbian forward Milan Jovanovic have already arrived at Anfield on free transfers, while Liverpool have also agreed a deal with Rangers to sign teenage defender Danny Wilson.

And captain Steven Gerrard, who has long been linked with a move away from the club this summer, appears to have committed his immediate future to the Merseysiders.

Hodgson will now be hoping to convince two of his other key players - striker Fernando Torres and midfielder Javier Mascherano - to do likewise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8840878.stm

So how many full-backs does that leave us? I'd have thought we'd at least get in one before telling Degen he can go, he could possibly have played LB as cover until signings start coming in. Or maybe whispers Woy is going to play three CBs are true, I certainly hope not

At least Darby and Martin Kelly gets promoted to the first team and have a run of games if Glen Johnson is injured or suspended.
LFC ANIME

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Degen was overlooked even when Johnson was injured so there is no change in that respect, other than we're losing (relatively in the case of Insua) experienced full-backs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

I actually thought he did ok, but agree was injury prone like Aurelio was.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Got sent off stupidly last season, last day of October. Played seven times thereafter and we went out of two cup competitions with him in the side - Reading at home (L1-2) and Atletico at home (W2-1, went out on away goals)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Jean Michel-ferri springs to mind. deggan is woeful, roy has seen it after one week.
Kelly can step up and act as cover for glen.
No loss at all. deadwood is going fast. cmon roy get some in aswell. cisshoko please.
boodiddy1

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Hope that Roy has some quality back ups for our defense in mind.I wouldnt rely on our youngsters that much (Martin Kelly, Daniel Ayala, Stephen Darby and now Danny Wilson).I mean, they look promising but they are still too young and if those kids are to be our replacements for this season then we'll be going on a big risk.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Headless chicken FACT . He is deffo shabite and Roy know's it .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes he's eager and all that is Deggen, but lets be honest he is fecking rubbish. He is a better player than Dossena though, I'll give him that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:49 pm

So how many full-backs does that leave us? I'd have thought we'd at least get in one before telling Degen he can go, he could possibly have played LB as cover until signings start coming in. Or maybe whispers Woy is going to play three CBs are true, I certainly hope not

In regards to Degen it doesn't matter, stick Carra's shadow in his position and it would do a better job.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Degen, I´d forgotten about him.

One of Liverpool´s greatest spongers and joins the immortals:  Degen, Salif Dao and Phil Babb.  :laugh:

He never had a future even on the day he arrived, so best to get rid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:10 pm

damjan193 wrote:Hope that Roy has some quality back ups for our defense in mind.I wouldnt rely on our youngsters that much (Martin Kelly, Daniel Ayala, Stephen Darby and now Danny Wilson).I mean, they look promising but they are still too young and if those kids are to be our replacements for this season then we'll be going on a big risk.

You dont win anything with kids!

Our Jockey :D
boodiddy1

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Hopefully this means we will see more of Kelly this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:51 pm

I hope Roy continues to clear out the dead wood... which definitely included Degen. Good luck to the chap though!
loopyliverpool

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Roy Hodgson every move is like he is a mind reader 
So Long Degan ... I would say you were shite ...but that would be just giving you a title
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion