Phase one ! - My ******!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:32 am

Phase one is complete, weve got our best players signed on long term contracts, phase 2 we now bring players in.

Correct me if im wrong but the only player who has signed a new contract worthy of mention is Jamie Carragher. Xabi Alonso and Stevey Gerrard have had poor seasons and are rewarded with an improved contract. Heres my opinion on what phase one should have been, to sign players who want to be here and succeed on the biggest stage of them all.

It seems like it doesnt matter about performance anymore, as long as you show you can kick a ball, you'll be rewarded. Xabi and Stevey have to start earning what they have been rewarded with. Great players yes, no one can deny that, but this past season they have been poor, and no one can deny that. They have been rewarded with new contracts, we want our big players to lead by example, Carra the exception, he always has !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:40 am

Gerrard and Xabi have had poor seasons, but only when judged by their own high standards. Gerrard hasn't been immense every week, but has still been man of the match more often than not. Xabi has struggled a bit this season but is still one of our top players. Signing them up is not only a reward for the players but ensures that we will have our top players here for the next few seasons (or a nice fat cheque if the go).
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:46 am

I lost count last season on sky that Steve Gerrard was man of the match and he was average at best.
No he was poor in a lot of games, its only when Liverpool win a game that the channels look at the best things gerrard did or alonso, Finnan, Carragher, Kuyt, Crouch .... never mentioned if ever Liverpool won a match on sky it was because of the brilliance of Gerrard. My head isnt in the clouds im afraid, which is a good thing, we are not a one man team.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1182120412 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:50 am

Gerrard hasn't done too well last season. Sky is just biased, always worshipping the ground he walks on. Thing is, he was :censored: and he needs to buck up. For heaven sakes, Gerrard hasn't looked world class in a long time.
109-1182120412

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:14 am

I think anyone who is saying Gerrard hasn't looked world class in a long time just needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I think anyone doing so is expecting a 40-yard piledriver ala the one he scored in the FA Cp final or the one he scored against Olympiacos. So what if he hasn't been a Roy of the Rovers, comic book style super hero on the pitch of late, but you simply cannot expect that week in, week out. What SG has done, he has done silently last season. Closing the gaps, doing the graft, and running his balls off. Doing the ugly work well and making the team tick; solid and compact. He organises things. Every great team has a player that does all the unnatractive jobs well. Look at Arsenal when Viera was around, and Roy Keane. Not the most noticable players on the pitch at times, and often seem to not be in the game. They did their jobs silently and did it well. Gerrard had such a season for us. He was just missing his cape and spandex tights that some of you are moaning about. He's our captain and has done a great lot for us, so get behind him instead of critisis him.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1182120412 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:27 am

I've got a bad case of the trots. Excuse me a moment.
109-1182120412

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:35 am

Kharhaz wrote:It seems like it doesnt matter about performance anymore, as long as you show you can kick a ball, you'll be rewarded. Xabi and Stevey have to start earning what they have been rewarded with. Great players yes, no one can deny that, but this past season they have been poor, and no one can deny that. They have been rewarded with new contracts, we want our big players to lead by example, Carra the exception, he always has !

Just because of a relatively poor season by their own standards shouldn't mean you ignore their long term value to our future.

They have the desire, they want to succeed, they are key players and that is why it is important to keep them contracted for as long as is reasonably possible. That, and to keep speculation at a minimum so we can focus on the future.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:37 am

Oh FFS!  What a tremendous follow up to your last thread. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby cpc4eva » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:47 am

now that phase one is finished we must recognise that its now behind us and move forward and move onwards...now we must all focus on phase II like rafa and H&G are.... so end this thread....

walk on....
cpc4eva

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:51 am

Phase Two

Any from the following at least.

Huntelaar, G Milito, D Milito, Quaresma, Silva, Alves, Malouda, Sabrosa, Owen.

Phase Three:

New stadium design released and work starts.

Phase Four:

Design a "Goldeneye" type weapon.

Phrase Five:

Blackmail the world's economies to give us trillions, or we use the Phase Four device.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:23 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Phase Two

Phase Three:

Phase Four:

Phrase Five:

Blackmail the world's economies to give us trillions, or we use the Phase Four device.

Which territory are you interesting?  :D

BTW, phase two for me isn't really improve any. That's just hype up the rumours more often to hit our mind which world-class players to be sign in next couple of hours.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby lio » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:03 am

Phase Three:

Phase Four:

Phrase Five:

... and if all things failed in your phase5 negotiation, that may mean  The End Of The World.

:laugh:
lio

Postby red_guy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:29 am

Phase Three:

Phase Four:

Phrase Five:

Phase 5 : Phase-Off?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:43 am

:O

This is something I didn't expect to read. I thought I couldn't be surprised any more, but I have been.

Well if you want to look the matter from that point of view, right or wrong (IMHO wrong), bear in mind that opposition clubs won't covet the players depending on how good has been this season compared to others, but what they can provide to their teams.

So 2 new contracts give the possibility to LFC of being able to negotiate: if a player has 1 year of remaining contract, you can't sell the player as expensive as if he has 3 years more. So even if they "don't deserve to be rewarded", it's just good for Liverpool in order to negotiate better with other clubs before selling them, as no one can doubt they are wanted players by many clubs.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:05 am

Phase Three:

Phase Four:

Phrase Five:

:bowdown   :laugh:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion