Phase one ! - My ******!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 pm

IS that off the offical site
grayghost

Postby Jimmymac » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:19 pm

american writer by the looks of it, seems he writes on the MLS too, just calling it soccer negates him any opinion on the matter i'm afraid :)
Jimmymac

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:Can someone tell me who this c.unt is
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool has no cash, no chance at Torres
Posted by Brant Parsons on Jun 26, 2007 2:36:30 AM

Tom Hicks and George Gillett didn't do their homework. They couldn't have. Instead of being shrewd investors, they are instead looking like the underpants gnomes from South Park who had a business plan that was missing a crucial step.

Step 1 - Collect Underpants
Step 2 - ???
Step 3 - Profit

Hicks and Gillett are getting a rude lesson in the cost of running an EPL franchise and Liverpool fans can't be happy with the learning curve they are on.

So instead of being able to go after their number one target with a handful of cash- Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres; they are trying to con Atletico into taking some of Anfield's dead weight. So far, Atletico isn't biting.

Reports have Liverpool offering Djibril Cisse to Atletico to try and reduce the price for the prized forward from a reported £27million to around £15million.

This is just laughable.

Poor Liverpool, of all the foreign owners to come into England, I think they got the biggest shaft. Hicks and Gillett couldn't have known how expensive it was to run a top club in Europe and obvious bought into the club strictly looking for a profit.

Without even questioning whether or not Torres is worth that amount of money, he's not, it does appear that Liverpool is desperate for some spending cash, most notably by their statement that Cisse is for sale and won't go out on loan.

Everybody at Old Trafford was up in arms when the Glazers took over Manchester United, but watching the Red Devils spend freely so far this summer while Liverpool pinched pennies to try and get what they want makes me believe that Reds fans are the ones that need to be complaining about their new ownership.

Two guys who so far at least, don't seem to get it.

A quick google search reveals him to be a small-time American "soccer" reporter working for the local paper in Orlando, Florida.  I'm sure his schtick is to be as c.ocky and controversial as possible to get people reading columns about a sport that barely registers on the radar of the average Floridian.  Plus, I think he's an Arsenal 'fan'.  In other words, place absolutely no stock in anything this guy says.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby kunilson » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:39 pm

as this is my first day off work in ages, i can see how ppl can get frustrated sitting around with no news on the transfer front....but still. relax. :D

whatever happens happens, in the meantime enjoy the great sport of tennis! :D
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby jaytoothetee » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:27 pm

the guy also used the phrase "epl franchise". tells us all we need to know really.
with the new stadium plans due to be unveiled soon (haven't seen them but apparently they are pretty amazing), does anyone get the impression that g&h are preoccupied with the stadium plans. it did seem to be the major issue with them when they took over. maybe once the plans are out there we will see more public activity in the transfer market

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:49 am

Pre-season training starts today and despite the noise and excitement of the rumoured Torres purchase still no big name signing. Only 3 days to go now till July 1st otherwise known as "panic monday". Despite the best efforts of Parry and Rafa we still await our promised snoogy doog and assorted others to join.

Whats even more surprising (disturbing?) is we havn't seen the expected departures of our castoffs and unwanted "stars". I expected Bellamy, Cisse,Zenden and Gonzo to be long gone by now, with some of the lesser known players bidding us a fond farewell also.

Maybe we are over-reacting and "panic Monday" should be moved back till our opening friendly fixture or even the first game of the season.

Who said there was only 30 days in june?  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:54 am

s@int wrote:Pre-season training starts today and despite the noise and excitement of the rumoured Torres purchase still no big name signing. Only 3 days to go now till July 1st otherwise known as "panic monday". Despite the best efforts of Parry and Rafa we still await our promised snoogy doog and assorted others to join.

Whats even more surprising (disturbing?) is we havn't seen the expected departures of our castoffs and unwanted "stars". I expected Bellamy, Cisse,Zenden and Gonzo to be long gone by now, with some of the lesser known players bidding us a fond farewell also.

Maybe we are over-reacting and "panic Monday" should be moved back till our opening friendly fixture or even the first game of the season.

The thing that p!sses me off is that everytime the manager or the chairman says that we will sign someone this week, but we don't, then next week he says the samething, but we fail getting someone again. Basically we are screwed if we don't sign at least a quality player in the coming week.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:06 am

There hasn't been a great deal of transfer activity anywhere since the window opened. A fair bit of talk, but few deals seem to have been confirmed. I'm really not concerned for now.

Zenden's probably on the way to Wigan on a free, there'll be plenty of takers in Spain for Gonzo, and the Cisse and Bellamy sagas will hopefully unravel themselves soon.
ivor_the_injun

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:19 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:There hasn't been a great deal of transfer activity anywhere since the window opened. A fair bit of talk, but few deals seem to have been confirmed. I'm really not concerned for now.

Zenden's probably on the way to Wigan on a free, there'll be plenty of takers in Spain for Gonzo, and the Cisse and Bellamy sagas will hopefully unravel themselves soon.

it will be a concern if we don't get someone before we go on tour.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:04 pm

s@int wrote:Pre-season training starts today and despite the noise and excitement of the rumoured Torres purchase still no big name signing. Only 3 days to go now till July 1st otherwise known as "panic monday". Despite the best efforts of Parry and Rafa we still await our promised snoogy doog and assorted others to join.

I wouldn't worry about the departures of Zenden, Gonzalez and Cisse just yet. Bellamy could potentially even stay. Out of all those players, we all know that Cisse has already played his last game in a Liverpool shirt and will be offloaded as soon as a good price is offered. If I were Cisse right now, I'd feel very much like an unwanted present or catle going to the highest bidder simply because he's rotten meat. He'll want to go ASAP.

Gonzalez could potentially be put out on loan in Spain. If he plays well there, then Rafa can recoup a good profit margain from him. I strongly feel that the lack of noise coming from Anfield regarding signings is due to the fact that Rafa didn't or does not want any of his potential true targets stolen away from him. It's happened far too much in the past. Once the transfere window opens proper, I expect to see a flurish of activity from us. We're only after two or three cracking signings, one of which must be world class. I think the Torres one, if we land it, would be the world class one we'd be after. No need to panic.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion