Phase one ! - My ******!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:41 pm

s@int wrote:
One thing is for certain, Garcia's Liverpool career is over after three seasons at Anfield. He's keen to return to Spain and Benitez will not stand in his way

I am quite shocked if this is true, while he isn't the greatest thing on two legs he's our one true flair player. Now we may understand why Rafa went for Benayoun.

Hopefully we sign Torres quickly as the mancs are reportedly sniffing round him.

I'll be sad to see Louis go  :(  He could be as frustrating as hell but when he came up with something it was usually very special .

I'm also feeling a bit twitchy about Torres . £25 mill for a player who doesn't seem to have lived up to all the hype that surrounded him a season or so ago. Please god don't let him turn out to be another Morientes or Cisse.

Sabre doesn't seem to rate him and he obviously has seen more of Torres than the rest of the forum put together.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:
One thing is for certain, Garcia's Liverpool career is over after three seasons at Anfield. He's keen to return to Spain and Benitez will not stand in his way

I am quite shocked if this is true, while he isn't the greatest thing on two legs he's our one true flair player. Now we may understand why Rafa went for Benayoun.

Hopefully we sign Torres quickly as the mancs are reportedly sniffing round him.

I'll be sad to see Louis go  :(  He could be as frustrating as hell but when he came up with something it was usually very special .

I'm also feeling a bit twitchy about Torres . £25 mill for a player who doesn't seem to have lived up to all the hype that surrounded him a season or so ago. Please god don't let him turn out to be another Morientes or Cisse.

Sabre doesn't seem to rate him and he obviously has seen more of Torres than the rest of the forum put together.

I agree with Sabre about Torres and am 100% in agreement with what you are saying.

This is absoloute madness to be honest and I can't quite believe Rafa would be so stupid!
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:08 am

UEFA Champions League Final 2007.

Moscow

Liverpool FC 1  Anyone FC 0

Torres 34 (PK)

That would be good enough for me.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:42 am

I think you mean 2008, the projects a year behind:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UEFA Champions League Final 2007.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:58 am

Ah, yes of course.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:01 am

Time flies by when you're Mahattan  :oh:
LFC2007

Postby lio » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:20 am

People. Please tell me they’re just joking …. :angry:
As I am typing this, press circulation gone abuzz that report from the Daily Star claim that Atletico will only sell Fernando Torres to Liverpool if they send them Peter Crouch in return. They're not interested in Luis Garcia, they want the big man.
WTF, might as well ask for our captain too. Nuts on their heads.
Hope Rafa’s with me and not gone senile to agree.
lio

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:53 am

Spanish press in the other hand say that the substitution for Torres would be Forlan and no one else.

Nobody mentions Crouchy. I guess the Daily Star want to spoil the hollidays of good old Crouchy or something. I don't think he's moving anywhere.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 am

Sabre can I ask whos that girl in your sig. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:30 am

I don't know who she is. Just saw the image somewhere, and the word "Bigmick" popped up in my mind, as there's rotation and dizzyness in the image :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:32 am

woof woof ! wrote:Phase two apparently well underway

News of the World (online)

Rafa Kops Torres

LIVERPOOL will this week smash their transfer record and complete the £25million signing of Atletico Madrid superstar Fernando Torres.
Sport of the World can reveal the two clubs have agreed a fee in principle and all that remains for Kop boss Rafa Benitez is to agree terms with Torres. The Spain ace is on a £5.1million a year contract with Atletico and will expect at least the same terms from Liverpool. Torres' people have been told that Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry will open talks with them next week to conclude a deal.

A source close to 23-year-old Torres told Sport of the World: "We are expecting a call from Mr Parry next week to discuss personal terms. And although for Fernando it is heartbreaking to leave Atletico, the club he's loved all his life, the prospect of playing for Liverpool fills him with pride hope and great expectations."

The massive fee eclipses the £14million Gerard Houllier had splashed on Kop flop Djibril Cisse. Atletico Madrid have accepted a bid slightly lower than Torres' £28m get-out clause and are desperate to clinch the signing of Diego Forlan from Villareal to replace their talisman. The Reds will definitely pay £18million in cash and it remains to be see whether Luis Garcia will be part of the deal. One thing is for certain, Garcia's Liverpool career is over after three seasons at Anfield. He's keen to return to Spain and Benitez will not stand in his way - even though Garcia's recovery from a knee injury that kept him out most of this season could determine whether he completes the move to Atletico where he played a season in 2003.

It means Benitez will have spent half of his £50million warchest to finally land a big-name star to take Liverpool to the next level. The Kop chief will now turn his attentions to his pursuit of Lyon's Florent Malouda - even though the Frenchman wants to join Chelsea. Benitez - who wants to offload hothead Craig Bellamy - is set to rekindle his interest in Portugal and Benfica star Simao

Quoting the sunday sun?

:no
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34 am

Sabre wrote:I don't know who she is. Just saw the image somewhere, and the word "Bigmick" popped up in my mind, as there's rotation and dizzyness in the image :D

:D  :D I didn't realise what the feck was going on with the picture but now you've explained it, that is absolute class mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:36 pm

EddieC wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Phase two apparently well underway

News of the World (online)

Rafa Kops Torres

LIVERPOOL will this week smash their transfer record and complete the £25million signing of Atletico Madrid superstar Fernando Torres.
Sport of the World can reveal the two clubs have agreed a fee in principle and all that remains for Kop boss Rafa Benitez is to agree terms with Torres. The Spain ace is on a £5.1million a year contract with Atletico and will expect at least the same terms from Liverpool. Torres' people have been told that Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry will open talks with them next week to conclude a deal.

A source close to 23-year-old Torres told Sport of the World: "We are expecting a call from Mr Parry next week to discuss personal terms. And although for Fernando it is heartbreaking to leave Atletico, the club he's loved all his life, the prospect of playing for Liverpool fills him with pride hope and great expectations."

The massive fee eclipses the £14million Gerard Houllier had splashed on Kop flop Djibril Cisse. Atletico Madrid have accepted a bid slightly lower than Torres' £28m get-out clause and are desperate to clinch the signing of Diego Forlan from Villareal to replace their talisman. The Reds will definitely pay £18million in cash and it remains to be see whether Luis Garcia will be part of the deal. One thing is for certain, Garcia's Liverpool career is over after three seasons at Anfield. He's keen to return to Spain and Benitez will not stand in his way - even though Garcia's recovery from a knee injury that kept him out most of this season could determine whether he completes the move to Atletico where he played a season in 2003.

It means Benitez will have spent half of his £50million warchest to finally land a big-name star to take Liverpool to the next level. The Kop chief will now turn his attentions to his pursuit of Lyon's Florent Malouda - even though the Frenchman wants to join Chelsea. Benitez - who wants to offload hothead Craig Bellamy - is set to rekindle his interest in Portugal and Benfica star Simao

Quoting the sunday sun?

:no

:blush:

Didn't realise it was part of the Scum group , was just browsing online papers .

Excuse me while I now wipe my a'rse on my monitor.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:50 pm

:censored: the Sun. This is from the Echo.

Torres nears exit doorJun 25 2007

by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

ATLETICO MADRID have had a 17 million-euros-plus-Mista bid turned down for Diego Forlan.

But the offer is the first indication that Atletico are preparing for life without Fernando Torres.

The 23-year-old Spanish international is wanted by Reds boss Rafa Benitez, and both parties now appear to be jockeying for position.

Torres’ agent, Antonio Sanz, has described a reported offer from the Reds of £16m plus Luis Garcia as “insufficient – if you keep in mind that Fernando guarantees you 15 goals per year, especially when Nani, an unknown player, cost Manchester United £20m.”

Another report claims that Atletico want Peter Crouch rather than Garcia, but Benitez will not part with last season’s 18-goal top scorer.

Villarreal representative Jose Manuel Llaneza, meanwhile, says any club that wants to tempt Forlan away will have to shell out more money.

“Villarreal does not want to bother negotiating for Forlan,” said Llaneza in Spanish newspaper Marca. “His value is 23 million euros (£17m).”

Reds boss Benitez initially considered Forlan himself, but decided the asking price was too high.

But he is prepared to push the boat out for Torres.

Reports in Spain suggest Atletico Madrid have been demanding 36 million euros (£24million), while Liverpool are only willing to offer 30 (£20million).

Torres’ buy-out clause in a straight-cash deal is 40million euros (£27 million).

Reds boss Benitez would like to add to his squad before the bulk of his players report back for pre-season training.

Liverpool’s non-international players report back to Melwood on Thursday.

The players involved in end of season internationals have been given an extra week’s break.

Midfielder Javier Mascherano, however, is still several weeks away from enjoying a rest this summer.

Mascherano has been named in Argentina’s 23-man squad for the forthcoming Copa America tournament in Venezuela.

The South American showpiece kicks-off tomorrow, with Argentina playing their opening game two days later against the United States. Also in their group are Columbia and Paraguay.

The Copa America is the oldest international tournament in the world. It was first contested in 1916 and, along with Uruguay, Argentina are the most successful nation having triumphed 14 times. In the last final, however, they were beaten by Brazil on penalties.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:02 pm

Can someone tell me who this c.unt is
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool has no cash, no chance at Torres
Posted by Brant Parsons on Jun 26, 2007 2:36:30 AM

Tom Hicks and George Gillett didn't do their homework. They couldn't have. Instead of being shrewd investors, they are instead looking like the underpants gnomes from South Park who had a business plan that was missing a crucial step.

Step 1 - Collect Underpants
Step 2 - ???
Step 3 - Profit

Hicks and Gillett are getting a rude lesson in the cost of running an EPL franchise and Liverpool fans can't be happy with the learning curve they are on.

So instead of being able to go after their number one target with a handful of cash- Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres; they are trying to con Atletico into taking some of Anfield's dead weight. So far, Atletico isn't biting.

Reports have Liverpool offering Djibril Cisse to Atletico to try and reduce the price for the prized forward from a reported £27million to around £15million.

This is just laughable.

Poor Liverpool, of all the foreign owners to come into England, I think they got the biggest shaft. Hicks and Gillett couldn't have known how expensive it was to run a top club in Europe and obvious bought into the club strictly looking for a profit.

Without even questioning whether or not Torres is worth that amount of money, he's not, it does appear that Liverpool is desperate for some spending cash, most notably by their statement that Cisse is for sale and won't go out on loan.

Everybody at Old Trafford was up in arms when the Glazers took over Manchester United, but watching the Red Devils spend freely so far this summer while Liverpool pinched pennies to try and get what they want makes me believe that Reds fans are the ones that need to be complaining about their new ownership.

Two guys who so far at least, don't seem to get it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion