Phase one ! - My ******!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:06 am

Phrase Five:

Blackmail the world's economies to give us trillions, or we use the Phase Four device.

What would Manhattan do with the trillions, once they're given  to Manhattan?
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:07 am

Kharhaz, they are not judged on one season. The new and improved contract is based on how they performed in their last contract (i think). for example if SG's last contract was 5 years, then you have to take into account the 2005 season, where SG was immense. MAYBE this season (poor by his standards) reduced the possible new offer.

also i think you need to judge how much other clubs would pay (wages) for his quality, that has to be taken into consideration.

However i get the feeling you are suggesting Alonso and Gerrard should not have been offered improved contracts, if so, than that's extremely naive.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:55 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Phase Two

Any from the following at least.

Huntelaar, G Milito, D Milito, Quaresma, Silva, Alves, Malouda, Sabrosa, Owen.

Phase Three:

New stadium design released and work starts.

Phase Four:

Design a "Goldeneye" type weapon.

Phrase Five:

Blackmail the world's economies to give us trillions, or we use the Phase Four device.

:D  :laugh:  :D This guy is absolutely off his fecking head but I swear he kills me sometimes.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 am

Kharhaz wrote:Phase one is complete, weve got our best players signed on long term contracts, phase 2 we now bring players in.

Correct me if im wrong but the only player who has signed a new contract worthy of mention is Jamie Carragher. Xabi Alonso and Stevey Gerrard have had poor seasons and are rewarded with an improved contract. Heres my opinion on what phase one should have been, to sign players who want to be here and succeed on the biggest stage of them all.

It seems like it doesnt matter about performance anymore, as long as you show you can kick a ball, you'll be rewarded. Xabi and Stevey have to start earning what they have been rewarded with. Great players yes, no one can deny that, but this past season they have been poor, and no one can deny that. They have been rewarded with new contracts, we want our big players to lead by example, Carra the exception, he always has !

Its wrong to compare Gerrard and Alonso. It's true Alonso has had a dire season and by Gerrards own standards this season hasn't been he best. BUT Gerrards performances last year were still better than the vast majority of players in the premiership. Just because he did not repeat his form from the season before does not make him have "a bad season"!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:19 am

With Phase I completed and Phase II underway as we speak,what is Phase III and does Phase IV involve Ants taking over the planet,using their superior intelligence.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:20 am

Kharhaz wrote:Phase one is complete, weve got our best players signed on long term contracts, phase 2 we now bring players in.

Correct me if im wrong but the only player who has signed a new contract worthy of mention is Jamie Carragher. Xabi Alonso and Stevey Gerrard have had poor seasons and are rewarded with an improved contract. Heres my opinion on what phase one should have been, to sign players who want to be here and succeed on the biggest stage of them all.

It seems like it doesnt matter about performance anymore, as long as you show you can kick a ball, you'll be rewarded. Xabi and Stevey have to start earning what they have been rewarded with. Great players yes, no one can deny that, but this past season they have been poor, and no one can deny that. They have been rewarded with new contracts, we want our big players to lead by example, Carra the exception, he always has !

Yeah, Real Madrid and Barca must have been right mugs for wanting Xabi Alonso, who lets face it, after one poor season is probably the worst player in the premiership! And that Steven Gerrard! He may be rated one of the best in the world by everyone else, but he isn't for the likes of us after he failed to score 20 goals last season, is he?

Get real mate. If you have top draw players you keep them. Ever hear that old saying: form is temporary, class is permanent? You would have let Gerrard walk without trying to keep him because, by the standards of one of the best in the world, he's had a poor season? Thank funk you don't manage Liverpool. And you forgot Reina. Anyway, they haven't quite ticked your boxes, right? So you think we should dock them money? Kick them out? New contender for the stupidest post ever.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:13 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Its wrong to compare Gerrard and Alonso. It's true Alonso has had a dire season and by Gerrards own standards this season hasn't been he best. BUT Gerrards performances last year were still better than the vast majority of players in the premiership. Just because he did not repeat his form from the season before does not make him have "a bad season"!

So you say Kharhaz is right about Alonso (sorry if I misunderstood you mate)?

I agree what you say about Gerrard's not best. It's still better than the vast majority of the premiership. But then when talking about holding midfielders, you could say the same about Alonso, even below his best is better than most holding mids of the league.

People start talking about performances below his best, and end up talking about it's wrong to give a new improved contract or even about it would be a good thing to sell. (not you again Southcoastshankly, I'm just in rant mode :laugh: )

If I was one of those who follow players rather than clubs I'd say that some of you deserve to see the team without the players you're underrating, so that you realise what's the real quality of the people we have -- once they've left.

The shame about that would be that you and me would be gutted because LFC would lose quality, but the "pundits" who say such things from London would be happy to see that quality somewhere else. For instance in Manchester or London.

And I'm not talking about Alonso only. Crouch, Reina who has the numbers of clemence but only 0,2% of the praises here, Kuyt, Pennant, nobody seems to be happy with almost any of our players, except Gerrard and Carraguer.

Three years ago we mocked at Chelsea because they bought  a lot and too expensive, and it seems to me that now we have more money in the pocket some people (not you ) want to do precisely that. Everything we have seems to be not good enough, and everything that sounds like "Torres" must be bought, no matter we haven't seen even 270 continuous bloody minutes of the player.

Fortunately enough we haven't amateur football manager players running the club (amateur in the game, not to mention real footie), and the ones taking decissions are giving our players the contracts they deserve, as it's in the club's best interest.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:55 am

Kharhaz is talking nonsense. IMO Rafa, Gillette, Hicks, Parry (whoever) have done things in the right and proper manner. Tying Carra, Gerrard, Alonso, Reina, Sissoko etc up on long term deals was intended to send a message out to the LFC fans and also potential targets that LFC intend on doing things properly and these TOP players (yes some of them didn't have great seasons but they are still TOP players) are willing to commit their best footballing years to LFC.

Look at what's happened in the past.....we've gone off looking at new players, forgotten about our own players and almost lost Stevie G because it!!

I see sense in what they've done -

1) Get the foundations sorted (existing squad)
2) Build on that (i.e. new players)
3) Grow from strength to strength

Make perfect business sense to me :) :D  :talktothehand
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:19 pm

Gerrard has had a poor season?

Jesus christ... What the hells been going on on here please?

He's been in a class of his own yet again and people are saying he's had a poor season? I tell you what, If every player we had had as poor a season as Gerrard just did we'd be looking at one of the best teams ever to grace football.

A few years ago I was absoloutely sick of the way idiots overated Gerrard, who despite being a world class player had massive inconsistencies from game to game. Yet now he's ironed them out and is unquestionabley our best player 9 games out of 10 people are saying he's had a poor season?

Get a :censored: grip.

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 pm

Stu may be obnoxious ( OK forget the may bit) but he's right on this one much as many on here don't like to admit it. Even in a, by his standards ordinary season, Gerrard is our stand-out performer by a country mile. He is easily the best midfield player in the Premiership (accepted by everybody really, save possible for Mourinho's admirable but ultimately dishonest and futile attempts to convince fat Frank that he is worthy of being mentioned in the same breath) and at what he does (ie not really a Kaka or a Ronaldhino) pretty close to being the best in the World.

Perhaps sometimes people think it makes them appear more sage like if they rage against the machine, swim against the tide but in the case of absolutely top-class, World-class footballers, the duck theory applies. If it walks, talks and looks like one etc etc. Gerrard is the real thing and those who allow the "no player is bigger than the club, I still haven't forgiven him for that nonsense two years ago" feelings to obscure that do the player a diservice. It's quite possible that unless you live to be very old indeed, you won't see a better midfield player in a Liverpool shirt.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:55 pm

I actually agree with Stu and Bigmick about Gerrard, he was a class act, you can see it in most games. He wasn't poor, he did his jobs in games, he gave a 100% each game and tried his best, you can see it in his runs and link-up play.

Top quality player gerrard is.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:02 pm

:censored: it lets just sell him.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Stu.Murph wrote: :censored: it lets just sell him.

bring back salif diao.  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 am

What im saying is why give improved contracts to players who havent earned it? Gerrard and Alonso have had poor seasons and they are rewarded with improved contracts. Hell, if they have worse seasons than they did last season they could be on double wage. Jamie Carragher earned his new contract and nobody else did. New owners or whatever, I cant see the reason as to why they got improved contracts.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 am

Kharhaz wrote:What im saying is why give improved contracts to players who havent earned it? Gerrard and Alonso have had poor seasons and they are rewarded with improved contracts. Hell, if they have worse seasons than they did last season they could be on double wage. Jamie Carragher earned his new contract and nobody else did. New owners or whatever, I cant see the reason as to why they got improved contracts.

Because you're completely clueless about the game.

Steven Gerrard has been absoloutely :censored: immense YET AGAIN for Liverpool this season.

I'm sick of people expecting miricales every time he plays. He NEVER EVER EVER EVER gets the credit he deserves anymore. Against the Mancs at home, Chelsea in the league and the CL he was by a mile in each game the best player on the pitch, yet he got no credit in any of these games. Its a :censored: joke.

Get it sorted you clueless bellend.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion