Petition for "sir bob" - Sign it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:34 am

???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:48 am

the ocelot wrote:Scottish bruiser John Reid spat the dummy when Blair said he hoped there'd be four teams through after tonight!

:D

Didn't Reid realise that Blair merely wanted the Manc scum out??  :p

Petition signed, tho I have little faith in anythin happenin. 'Sir' Bob should have been knighted before his untimely passin, but by his own admission he wasn't a sensation seeker, jus a very fortunate man to have been where he was.

Make that a brilliant genius that was very fortunate, tho he wouldn't appreciate anyone sayin so. There'll never be another Bob Paisley, the world's moved on too far. His Knighthood would be a more than fitting memorial for all outside of Liverpool FC and Anfield to see.  :bowdown
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Reg wrote:What a load of :censored::Oo:

Why dont we make Arthur Askey our new Chairman whilst we're at it?  :sleep

Strange attitude to take Reg.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1170291157 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:26 pm

Reg wrote:What a load of :censored::Oo:

Why dont we make Arthur Askey our new Chairman whilst we're at it?  :sleep

Why do u said it? I do not know...  :(
109-1170291157

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:27 pm

DONE
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:18 pm

i'm pinning this thread
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jaytoothetee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:17 pm

flombs wrote:Can someone sign for me  :sniffle  not a British citizen.
(i know you probably cant).

u just need a uk address (find a hotel on yell.com) and your email to sign it. GET IT DONE PAL!!!

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:58 pm

bump
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby bigxchris » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Deadline to sign up by: 13 March 2007
Signatures: 42,780

Last day to sign this if you have not already!
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby PhiLFC » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:21 pm

Almost 43k votes for Uncle Bob... ha ha ha do you think he might get it this time?
PhiLFC

Postby grayghost » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:27 pm

A true legend of the game and should of had it many years ago
grayghost

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:57 pm

46,690 signitures posted - great show from reds, people all over the world and from fans of other clubs and those who just appreciate the legend that was 'Sir' Bob Paisely.

Now for the verdict - this can't be ignored. The PM has said he'll look at what is possible, if consitutionally the postumous title can not be bestowed - I say f*ck it and give it to him, it's an oversight that needs to be put right..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:05 pm

just recieved this from Tony Blair...

Bob Paisley's achievements in football were remarkable. It is easy to see why so many people want to see his record formally recognised.

This has been underlined by the thousands of people who have signed the e-petition on the No 10 website calling for him to be granted a posthumous knighthood.

But this is simply not possible. A knighthood is an honour only given during someone's lifetime. Unlike bravery awards and medals, they have never been granted posthumously.

Formally, this is because the recipients of knighthoods are admitted into a particular Order when they attend an Investiture ceremony in person.

In practical terms, however, it would also be impossible to decide which of thousands of figures in our country's history, who were not knighted during their lifetimes, should retrospectively deserve such recognition.

For example, there are already similar e-petition campaigns for posthumous knighthoods for football managers Bill Shankley, Brian Clough, Jock Stein and Bill Nicholson.

But strong cases could also be made for many other high-achieving sports figures as well as authors, scientists and others who were not knighted during their lifetimes. Charles Darwin, Captain Cook, RJ Mitchell, who created the Spitfire, John Lennon and even William Shakespeare are just a few of those who were not honoured in this way while they lived.

The fact they were not knighted, however, does not in any way detract from the contribution they made to this country. Their lives and achievements have each been celebrated and remembered in many other ways. But a knighthood is, however, not possible for someone, no matter how accomplished, who is no longer able to receive it.

Yours sincerely,
Tony Blair
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:48 pm

Blair's a tw@t, if posthumous awards aren't the 'done thing' then they should be. They hand them out like confetti these days and nomarks are more likely to get recognition simply because they're still breathing rather than deserving. Perhaps you could call for a new award on a par but intended to recognise legends of the past who weren't given that recognition at the time. ie different angle, same signatures :;):
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion