Peter crouch - What does rafa see in him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ckay » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:37 pm

Latest artical in liverpool.tv

RAFA: I'D LIKE TO SIGN CROUCH
Steve Hunter 11 July 2005 
  Rafael Benitez has revealed that Liverpool are currently talking to Southampton about the possibility of bringing Peter Crouch to Anfield this week. 
Liverpool have been linked with the Southampton giant all summer and today Benitez insisted that the England striker is at the top of his wish-list.

"I want to sign Peter Crouch," Rafa told liverpoolfc.tv. "I like this player and he would be a good addition to our squad. At this moment Rick Parry is talking to Southampton and hopefully something can be agreed. I would like Peter to come to Switzerland with us on our training camp."
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:38 pm

Oh no..... Wildest dreams come true!
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:55 pm

Im still praying this is a coverup and we are secretly gonna sign Kuyt, Crouch is a massive gamble.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:03 pm

Garymac wrote:Im still praying this is a coverup and we are secretly gonna sign Kuyt, Crouch is a massive gamble.

I dont reel wanna sign crouch as much as the next guy but wouldnt kuyt be a bigger gamble, i mean never played in the premership.

i mean dont get me wrong there seems to be something about kuyt that seems to attract me to him. Mayb becos i never seen him play a full 90mins and hes record is so good that it leaves a mystray behind him.

But ill b eatin my hat if crouch signs and score 20+

But if rafa believe crouch is the right man, i trust he knows wot his doin. i mean he did jus win sum trophy, forgot wot its called tho?  :upside:
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:03 pm

i,m crossing my fingers they find something wrong with him on the medical or something else to stop this transfer from happening.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:29 pm

i'm confused by this whole thing....the only other team interesting in Crouch is West ham!  Come on Rafa.....please don't spend 8 million on this guy  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:35 pm

Crouch is a bit overpriced at 7 mil, a good signing at around 3-4 mil but 7 is a bit much, as he's only really had 1 good season.

To be honest i think rafa sees him as someone to play against the lesser teams in the league who'll maybe get us the scrappy goals that we need.  I quite like the idea of having someone of Crouch's height to come off the bench if we're struggling.

People will compare crouch to beattie, not just because of the southampton link, but because he scored a lot of goals in one season and then got into the england setup.  To be honest crouch is a much better player, he's younger and has far better technique, a good first touch and better awareness of others around him.

A lot of people on here slate crouch and lick kuyt's ar.se, but how many have actually seen him play regularly??  I've seen him only a few times and he looks decent, but I've not seen enough of him to be convinced that he's any more worth 7mil than crouch. 
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:38 pm

Oh no this Crouch story is back again. We need to go for a higher quality player, Luque anyone?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:42 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Oh no this Crouch story is back again. We need to go for a higher quality player, Luque anyone?

Luque's not even an out and out striker, plays more on the left does he not??  Definitely dont need any more left wingers imo
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:43 pm

True Kuyt would be a gamble but he is better than crouch of that there is no doubt....I can see were rafa is coming from in wanting crouch, getting beat u can throw him on and launch balls into the area, but id only pay 1 or 2 million for a player like that.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:47 pm

What is Rafa thinking?? He's refusing to pay that 2 million for Figo and yet going over 5 million for Peter Crouch??
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:48 pm

crouch has touch, vision, good link up play, decent finishing, proven premiership effectiveness, height adds another dimension, youth, looks!?, and less settling in period in his favour, yet he is still overpriced by a greedy or desperate chairman. 4 mill tops.

COME ON RAFA HOW IS HE WORTH MORE THAN MORO???
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:53 pm

Just let Rafa do whatever the hell he likes and at the end of the season you can shout about whether Crouch is good or not.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:54 pm

didnt we put in two bids of 5 and 6 mill in quick succession before this hold up? if so does this pause between the last bid hint that our interest is cooling over crouch but we are still going to use the situation as a bluff to a certain dutch club?

we cant pay more than 6 mil thats a joke.

and im 6'7" and i like the guy  :D
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 65-1114725958 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:58 pm

Risky Signing. totally unproven player, id rather pay 2m for figo.

As class is permanent.
:D
65-1114725958

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion