Peter crouch - What does rafa see in him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ckay » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:26 pm

if that's the case, he should have gone for Andy Johnson. He was proven in the PL as a lone striker.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:31 pm

No Crouch, no johnson please.
If we really need another striker, go for Saviola.
Houllier=LFC

Postby 2520years » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:32 pm

I think the point of Crouch is supposed to be that he gives another option.  Andy Johnson doesn't do that.  Having said that, I'm not sure what option Crouch (what an appropriate name!) gives us.  He isn't particularly good in the air, so what does he give us that our other strikers don't?
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby roey316 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:44 pm

Peter Crouch = Emile Heskey.
Crouch will become a Pellegrino, Heskey, Biscan, Diao style scapegoat. Why spend over the odds on a player who struggled at Villa? If we got him for nothing I'd have reservations, its another example of paying over the odds for an English player. I'd rather have Mellor than Crouch.
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:47 pm

crouch, i'd rather sit down
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:48 pm

Crouch is a special player. In the world of football how many Crouch players are there? Only one as far as I know. But there are plenty of Baros-copies and Morientes-type players. Crouch would be very useful. He will win 90% of all headers. So he will be deadly on set pieces and corners. And of course he will help us on defensive dead balls. If he scores 5 goals on dead balls and prevent 5, that's should count for something? And put in a decent cross and Crouch will trouble any defender. Crouch can hold up the ball really well, and his touch and movement ain't bad at all. Can't see nothing wrong in having Peter Crouch in our squad.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby mike72 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:53 pm

Is buying Crouch for £7m to replace Baros at a sale price of £8m anything other than a total downgrade of the position for only £1m profit? 

I say that since Man City want Crouch, we offer them the chance to 'steal' Crouch from us so that we can get Wright-Phillips for the problem right midfield position, and keep Baros.
mike72

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:54 pm

banana wrote:how many Crouch players are there?  Can't see nothing wrong in having Peter Crouch in our squad.

to my knowledge there is one crouch, unless your counting the endless SCARECROWS in fields or those BEANPOLES found propping up weak tall plants in folks gardens, and thank fu'ck for that.

if crouch scores 20-25 goals for us, then i'll change my mind. however, i trust rafa's intuition or football knowledge...we shall see what happens.

banana, you stipulate percentages without facts, how the fu'ck do you come to some of the things you post??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:16 pm

If Crouch scores 20 goals next season for us and becomes a success at anfield  Rafa will undoubtedly be voted top manager in football.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:28 pm

new film

CROUCHing down, talking bollox

:)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:28 pm

Sean wrote:If Crouch scores 20 goals next season for us and becomes a success at anfield  Rafa will undoubtedly be voted top manager in football.

Keep dreaming mate... :D

Either Cissé or Morientes might score 20 goals but i don't think Crouch can be classified in the same category as those two.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:46 pm

unlike rooney, crouch couldnt score in a brothel :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:16 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:
banana wrote:how many Crouch players are there?  Can't see nothing wrong in having Peter Crouch in our squad.

to my knowledge there is one crouch, unless your counting the endless SCARECROWS in fields or those BEANPOLES found propping up weak tall plants in folks gardens, and thank fu'ck for that.

if crouch scores 20-25 goals for us, then i'll change my mind. however, i trust rafa's intuition or football knowledge...we shall see what happens.

banana, you stipulate percentages without facts, how the fu'ck do you come to some of the things you post??

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But from reading your posts I know you think Crouch is :censored:.

Fair enough, Crouch is not a complete player like Henry or Adriano. But I'll put a few quid on him beating both of them in the air. With Crouch in our squad, we have a very different weapon. If Crouch get quality service from our wingers, I know he will score plenty of goals.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:19 pm

banana wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But from reading your posts I know you think Crouch is :censored:.

Fair enough, Crouch is not a complete player like Henry or Adriano. But I'll put a few quid on him BANGING both of them in the SACK. With Crouch in our squad, we have a very different weapon. If Crouch get quality service from our wingers, I know he will score plenty of goals.

YOU TALKED PERCENTAGES IN YOUR POST BEFORE, thats what i am referring too??

anyway, how will crouch bang both henry and the other geezer?  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:49 pm

banana wrote:Crouch is a special player. In the world of <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=77' target='_blank'>football</a> how many Crouch players are there? Only one as far as I know. But there are plenty of Baros-copies and Morientes-type players. Crouch would be very useful. He will win 90% of all headers. So he will be deadly on set pieces and corners. And of course he will help us on defensive dead balls. If he scores 5 goals on dead balls and prevent 5, that's should count for something? And put in a decent cross and Crouch will trouble any defender. Crouch can hold up the ball really well, and his touch and movement ain't bad at all. Can't see nothing wrong in having Peter Crouch in our squad.

Plus he's versatile. I think Rafa is thinking outside of the box here. Think about it. How many people can play football professionally, AND double as a tin-opener!?! Beni's got EVERYTHING covered!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion