Peter crouch un-dropable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:21 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Incidentally, Crouch has really given Rafa something to think about now.  I suspect we might see Crouch and Bellamy against Bolton: Crouch deserves a start after that performance and Bellamy needs a goal.  Kuyt looks like he could use a wee rest too (so maybe Rafa doesn't have a problem after all :D ).

SPOT ON M8
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:49 pm

After tonight performance do some of you still think peter crouch is a streak off pi-ss?
Without his goals tonight we would have lost.
Not bad for a long streak of pi-ss is he.
Should we be replacing crouch for bellamy  ( I don’t think so ).

Peter crouch has now scored 10 in 11 games not bad for a lanky streak off pi-ss .
Are we all jumping on the kuyt and bellamy wagon still.
If we want to win games we need to play  PETER CROUCH.
END OF STORY.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby red_guy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:59 am

Go Crouchy....anyway, just curious.....where's fowler?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:45 am

Peter Parker or Peter Crouch ?
account deleted by request

Postby Espionage » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:01 am

Espionage wrote:I suggest that you shut up before you expose your stupidity even more......

LOL.........
I dont think that things could have worked out any worse for you Pablo.  Sure this doesnt mean that Crouch is a great striker but I think that that must have hurt deep down.

I read what you said in previous pages and I have a theory for why you
PabloAimer wrote:tend to come on here in short spurts throughout the year to refresh myself with the opinions of my fellow liverpool supporters

Maybe its because you wait for people to forget some of the idiotic things you post.

Your arguement is pathetic.  Sure his international record is flattering but your valuation is not even half of what he is worth.  Every member is entitled to their opinion on players and how much they believe they contribute.  But your inability to acknowledge Crouch's strengths leads most people on this board to believe that either you are on a wind-up or you dont know very much about football.  Maybe Crouch is over-rated, maybe he is under-rated.  But fairly, he is worth well over the 7m that we paid for him in today's market.

This arguement has been done to death, the same way that the Cisse arguement was done to death.  Sometimes we can excuse noobs from joining our forum and repeating discussions but someone who has been here as long as you should know why people get frustrated when you make openly provocative statements (about the same topic (in numerous threads)) time and time again.
Last edited by Espionage on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:15 am

I was shattered that I didnt get to watch this game (f#cking ESPN :angry:), but i am really happy for Crouch.  It has been unfortunate that after his international purple patch, he didnt get a chance to build on the confidence that he had.   Its so good to see Crouch applying some pressure on Bellamy and Kuyt.  I think that increased competition is going to push us to a much higher level this season, and the added security we have in case of injuries is invaluable.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:54 am

PabloAimar wrote:speaking of logic and common sense, good strikers should be able to shoot with power and precision,  peter crouch holds NONE of those skills.

:rasp  What you gotta say now  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:22 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Last season it took Peter Crouch near 18 games to get his first goal for Liverpool. He took a lot of stick, unfairly, outside of the club. He was branded a flop, a half rate player, a freak etc. Well Big Peter proved them all wrong.

Peter has come full circle in the last 12 months, he is now a regular starter for England, a valuable player for both club and country  and a goal machine!
A goal machine I hear you say? Peter Crouch? Surely not? Well it may be a bit early but may no mistake about it, Crouch will break the 20+ goal a season barrier this year. When we signed him for £7m from Southampton in the summer of 2005, he had scored 12 goals in 21 games from January onwards. He was banging them in the last half of the season. Then he came to Liverpool and it took him a while to get his first goal, but then he scored a few, not as much as I would liked but he scored enough. Since the turn of the year though, his goal to game ratio is just over 1 goal in every two goals. Peter Crouch  one goal every two games? Yes its true.

This year Liverpool have strengthened the wings a lot, something we have struggled to do for the best part of a year, yes Kewell was a clever player but could he ever get to the byline, and beat a man? And Gerrard however great he is is not a winger. This year we brought in Speedy Mark and Pennant. These are two out and out wingers, both like to run with the ball, take a man on and deliver balls into the box ( i actually like to deliver my balls into boxes but thats another topic  :lol:  ) .  These two players will bring out the best in our Peter and I truly believe he will go on a fine run this year.

Everytime I have seen him so far this year, he has looked dangerous, he now looks like he has got goals in him, his heading needs to improve, however this is going to be his greatest ever season. Mark my words.

This is the year of Peter Crouch!!

With 5 goals in 6 starting appearances for Crouch, my prediction at the start of the season is looking very good indeed. Not once to blow my own trumpet but you know lol.

So far Crouchie has looked  like he has got goals in him and seems to be in a rich vein of form much like he was for Southampton on the back end of 2005.

2006/2007 - The year of the Crouch  - Top Scorer Liverpooll Football Club 2006/2007
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:19 am

I predicted Crouch as top scorer for us this season and provided he plays, it's a given in my opinion. I'm very much of the opinion that he is more than a "link" player and posesses the tools to score golas regularly. All that said, although I think he should keep his place on Saturday, I'm broadly in agreement with what appears to be Rafa's stance that Kuyt and Bellamy should be his current first choice pairing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:37 am

PLAY him with Kuyt on saturday
MASTER

Postby kirankara » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:45 am

think kuyt and bellamy has real potential, but then so do lot of other combinations, rafas right we have options lol. By the way what does crouch have to do to show he deserves to be here, kuyt had pretty poor game yesterday , but no-ones on his case, claiming hes a useless  pale , ugly dutch f**k or something like that. Theres a reason all the strikers are there and thats because Rafa rates them as players and feels they can all offer something to the squad
kirankara

Postby Rafa D » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:49 am

MASTER wrote:PLAY him with Kuyt on saturday

WTF is that about!!!!

We need a revamp of the feckin rules if people are gonna contribute horsescheizer like that!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:50 am

When Crouch sees competition he the type of player that raises his game in order to be first in the pecking order. I remember Crouch was speaking on Sky Sports news last season when it was his first 3 months as a Liverpool player. He said that when you come to a club like Liverpool you have got to work hard for yourself & for the team.

Peter’s attitude he proven that he’s got the belief to score goals.
:D
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:51 am

yeh aurelio and finnan did well to gift him 2 goals... as they wud've done for emile heskey had he still been at liverpool.

crouch's self-confessed 'best goal' ever was a scissor kik from 6 yards out - says it all really.

you fu.ckers really do have selective memories: did i not say only yesterday that he will play an integral part in this campaign? I'm happy that he's done well. he's done a good job, which is to fill in with tap-ins where needed when bellamy is off-form or kuyt is rested. well done to the lad.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby kirankara » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:58 am

again pablu ur a :censored:, sign of  an idiot when u cant give credit where its due, u said he doesnt score goals, hes done it, u said hes no ability , he scored a goal, which the media called spectacular, fantastic, and the commentators described as being technically perfect,very difficult to perform etc, The difference between us and you, is that we are prepared to accept his faults that he obviously has, u cant accept that he has his strengths too, so just :censored: off and eat humble pie as ur not an lfc supporter as far as im concerned and ur certainly not very intelligent
Last edited by supersub on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirankara

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion