Peter crouch un-dropable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby XSD » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Crouch wouldn't shift shirts at madrid tho would he? :laugh:
I've thought about getting him on my shirt but he could always go on a dry run again, and I don't want people calling me Crouch when I'm playing football down at the park either :D
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:38 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
stmichael wrote:Richard honey monster Keys: "Why doesn't he head the ball like Shearer"

Over analyzing him again, why can't they just give him the credit?

Tw@ts.

It's ridiculous.

David Platt was whinging all through the match that he hasn't proved himself against the "big boy" nations yet.

They're all tw@ts.

exactly. it's all nonsense.

what has frank lampard ever done against anyone decent for club or country?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:40 pm

I'm still finding the whole Crouch thing unbelievable.It was only 5 months ago i was saying anyone passing to him,may as well kick a ball against a lamp  post and expect better control.Its quite amazing a guy i didnt think was port vale quality is doing what he is doing........good luck to him.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:41 pm

stmichael wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
stmichael wrote:Richard honey monster Keys: "Why doesn't he head the ball like Shearer"

Tw@ts.

It's ridiculous.

David Platt was whinging all through the match that he hasn't proved himself against the "big boy" nations yet.

They're all tw@ts.

Ate all the pies.

Crouch is the best form striker in England at the minute.

Better than Schevchenko.

Better than Henry.

Better than everyone.

Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it!
:nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:42 pm

XSD wrote:Crouch wouldn't shift shirts at madrid tho would he? :laugh:
I've thought about getting him on my shirt but he could always go on a dry run again, and I don't want people calling me Crouch when I'm playing football down at the park either :D

yes but selling one crouch shirt is equal to two in actual material (cotton)terms,maybe Madrid could charge twice as much. :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:

Tw@ts.

It's ridiculous.

They're all tw@ts.

The mancs say the same, wait till he comes up against good defenders, hello he scored against you lot, Chelsea wait till he comes up against good defenders, er ello soft sh.ite he did.
Bitters wait till he comes up against good defenders well er ello you have a sh.it defence which you think is boss and he scored against them.
Just all Tw@ts TBH
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Scored again today against FYR Macedonia.  :bowdown
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kuyt » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:16 am

He's doing his job, but I doubt very much he is going to be Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler Prolific!

Andorra were part timers, and Scoring in the Prem is a whole different kettle of fish.

Is till think Crouch can score, but looks Clumsy.  I woud still start
Bellamy and Kuyt.

reason?:  Quicker, cause defenders more problems, and have more class
Kuyt

Postby XSD » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:22 am

Crouch does seem like a very attractive dark horse for top scorer in the prem this year. What are the odds on him atm?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:25 am

Kuyt wrote:He's doing his job, but I doubt very much he is going to be Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler Prolific!

Andorra were part timers, and Scoring in the Prem is a whole different kettle of fish.

Is till think Crouch can score, but looks Clumsy.  I woud still start
Bellamy and Kuyt.

reason?:  Quicker, cause defenders more problems, and have more class

Well err he has scored against the mancs, Chelsea and the bitters what more do you want?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:29 am

XSD wrote:Crouch does seem like a very attractive dark horse for top scorer in the prem this year. What are the odds on him atm?

you'd get very decent odds on that.

One league goal- the winner.

One European goal- the winner.

Projected over the season:

36 goals in the League

16 European goals

Is there no stopping Crouchamania?  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby EddieC » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 am

To answer the original question, is crouch undroppable?

For England, I would say yes. What other options have we really got? IMO Owen will never be the same again, Defoe just doesn't cut it, and AJ? Don't make me laugh, although apparently he IS better than Henry & Shevchenko (see derby day thread). Only Bent might cut it, but at the moment he's a no too.

For LFC, however, it's a different story. Against certain opposition, i.e teams with short defenders, I would say he's undroppable. But not in every game. We have four strikers, all with great attributes, and should use them all accordingly.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:46 am

Crouch is on fire right now, just can't seem to stop scoring and his seems to find the net quite easily for England at this moment. If he manages to get 20 goals this season, I bet most of the pundits will have to eat humble pie. He scored the solitary winning goal against Macedonia.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:31 am

crouch is a cult figure at the moment.......his goalscoring record for England is unbelievable, and he is the sort of guy people would love to take the :censored: out of but the way he is playing its hard to do that, unless ur just a :censored: like many of these commentators are.

At the moment id say he is un-droppable for England and Liverpool. hope he keeps it that
way.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:45 am

What a difference a year makes Peter, eh? This time last year getting absolutely slated for being unable to score a first goal for Liverpool. Now he is scoring overhead kicks for England.
   Just hope he reproduces this sort of goal scoring form for liverpool, starting with the bitters at the weekend. He seems to be in the game a lot more for England, I don't know whether thats the system he plays with them or because we haven't seen much of Peter this year, but as long as he transfers this form to club football, I will be a very happy man.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion