Peter crouch un-dropable?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:22 pm

I am happy that Crouch is getting the credit he deserves. he works hard for the team, plays intelligently and is happy bringing others into the play. It is not surprising that he is having success now. The "Robo-Crouch" thing was disturbing though :laugh:

I would not go so far as to say "un-dropable".
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:28 am

Steve McClaren reflected on Peter Crouch's latest goalscoring contribution for England and declared: "He's phenomenal!" 
The Liverpool striker netted in each half of Saturday's 5-0 victory over Andorra to take his tally at international level to an astonishing 10 goals in 13 games.

"What a record he has," said McClaren. "He received great service from Stuart Downing and Steven Gerrard, but he still had to score.

"He is a great team man. I wouldn't say he is undroppable, but when he's scoring goals at the current rate you need him in the team. He was phenomenal and he's doing very well at the moment.

"And we have computer statistics that show he constantly runs further than anybody during a match."

Crouch is enjoying his time in the international limelight but knows that with Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney still to return, competition for places in the England forward line is going to be fierce.

He said: "They are big players who will want their places back in the team but all I can do is express myself whenever I'm given the chance.

"It's great to be performing in a team which is playing so well. I'm scoring goals and enjoying it. I love playing for England

Not undroppable, but runs further than anyone, which re-iterates what Rafa said. Crouch a goal scoring phenomena
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:13 am

I posted that drunk (i should be banned from using the pc when p!ssed 

On the contrary Ace' I think it usually brings up good debate, one pi$$ed poster and a soba one  :D

You should be banned from a PC though when making Crouchphemic comments like that though :angry:  :D
66-1112520797

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:34 am

Just waiting for a comment by Graeme Noble or Oasis spouting their drivel about how cr@p he is....
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:19 pm

All I can say:

''His stat's look a lot better than he does!!''

Apparently, he does more running than most mid-fielders, from The Times:
But there is another statistic (or is it a damned lie?) that McClaren threw in to back up Crouch’s claims for a longer run in the starting XI. When it comes to ground covered, the former Queens Park Rangers and Aston Villa forward beats the indefatigable Owen Hargreaves, although Crouch does have the advantage that one of his strides is the same as half a dozen from less lanky human beings.

“We look at all the stats from the game and, when you see who runs the most, you would expect it to be a midfield player or a full back,” McClaren said. “But it is Crouch on every occasion. He runs about 13 kilometres, even more some times, when the average is about 12 for a midfield player. He is consistently above that and I have seen him do 14 and over, which, for a striker, is unbelievable.

But what the hell as long as he keeps sticking them away, he will be popular.
However, the problem will come when he stops scoring, he will rapidly become a 'scape goat' and be blamed for the ills of all around him if this coincides with a run of one or two poor results, particularly on the International Front.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 pm

11 goals now  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:07 pm

watch out Bobby Charlton
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 pm

Brilliant stuff.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:00 pm

Its been made official BTW that Crouch is the best goal scorer in the world in 2006.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:09 pm

Richard honey monster Keys: "Why doesn't he head the ball like Shearer"

Over analyzing him again, why can't they just give him the credit?

Tw@ts.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:21 pm

stmichael wrote:Richard honey monster Keys: "Why doesn't he head the ball like Shearer"

Over analyzing him again, why can't they just give him the credit?

Tw@ts.

It's ridiculous.

David Platt was whinging all through the match that he hasn't proved himself against the "big boy" nations yet.

They're all tw@ts.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:24 pm

I dont know how many members on here read RAWK but there was a topic started a few days ago and the title was: Can we keep Crouch
I mean come on? The know all, Paul Tompkins, believe me people they are having their doubts.
Why?
Because Rafa will drop him from the team like a ton of bricks.
And if his England goal scoring record continues well maybe Madrid will come in for him you never know.
I know its highly unlikley cause you lot think the same as me I think?
In no way why would Madrid want that lanky streak of p.iss.
But Rafa founded him he has made him what he has become in the England set up.
He would not have got this chance with the Saints.
And his private life is his own, even though his GF is very pretty she wants limelight why would she be with him otherwise?
And I dont want our club going down this road.
If I am honest I still dont trust Bellamy, I know Pennant is out on the Ale all the time.
He lives above the Newz Bar big mistake BTW.
Crouch is on a high and I dont blame him to get booed then be Englands saviour.
But thank god we have a manager now that can bring him down to earth in a flash.

Good ol' Rafa.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153395060906-1342.htm

RAFA: CROUCH CAN'T GET CARRIED AWAY
Paul Eaton 06 September 2006

Rafael Benitez has played down the hype surrounding Peter Crouch's recent goalscoring exploits and insisted: "He has to keep his feet on the ground."

The in-form Liverpool striker is currently the darling of the British media after netting two more international goals against Andorra at the weekend to take his tally to ten goals in his last nine England games.

Benitez is delighted to see Crouch winning over the people who doubted his ability when he first arrived at Anfield, but he's mindful of the need to ensure his striker stays focused on his job at Anfield.

"I am very happy for Peter but also worried," said Benitez today. "People are talking highly of him right now and as a manager that's good because it's always important for a player to have confidence. But I also have to say to him 'be careful' because things can change in a week in football. He must keep his feet on the ground.

"When people are saying nice things about you it's sometimes easy to stop working as hard because you think you're better than you are.

"I'm sure that won't be the case with Peter because he is clever and he will carry on working hard and moving forward." 

If ever Shanks wanted to posess a man I think he achieved it :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:27 pm

i had my doubts at first but the guy is a goal machine :laugh:
Kopite-Jud

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:29 pm

Ciggy wrote:I dont know how many members on here read RAWK but there was a topic started a few days ago and the title was: Can we keep Crouch
I mean come on? The know all, Paul Tomkins, believe me people they are having their doubts.
Why?
Becuase Rafa will drop him from the team like a ton of bricks.
And if his England goal scoring record continues well maybe Madrid will come in for him you never know.
I know its highly unlikly cause you lot think the same as me I think?
In no way why would Madrid wanjt that lanky streak of p.iss.
But Rafa founded him he has made him what he has become in the England set up.
He would not have got this chance with the Saints.
And his private life is his own, even though his GF is very pretty she wants limelight why would she be with him otherwise?
And I dont want our club going down this road.
If I am honest I still dont trust Bellamy, I know Pennat is out on the Ale all the time.
He lives avove the Newz Bar big mistake BTW.
Crouch is on a high and I dont blame him to get booed then be Englans saviour.
But thank god we have a manger now that can bring him down to earth in a flash.

Good ol' Rafa.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153395060906-1342.htm

RAFA: CROUCH CAN'T GET CARRIED AWAY
Paul Eaton 06 September 2006

Rafael Benitez has played down the hype surrounding Peter Crouch's recent goalscoring exploits and insisted: "He has to keep his feet on the ground."

The in-form Liverpool striker is currently the darling of the British media after netting two more international goals against Andorra at the weekend to take his tally to ten goals in his last nine England games.

Benitez is delighted to see Crouch winning over the people who doubted his ability when he first arrived at Anfield, but he's mindful of the need to ensure his striker stays focused on his job at Anfield.

"I am very happy for Peter but also worried," said Benitez today. "People are talking highly of him right now and as a manager that's good because it's always important for a player to have confidence. But I also have to say to him 'be careful' because things can change in a week in football. He must keep his feet on the ground.

"When people are saying nice things about you it's sometimes easy to stop working as hard because you think you're better than you are.

"I'm sure that won't be the case with Peter because he is clever and he will carry on working hard and moving forward." 

If ever Shanks wanted to posess a man I think he achieved it :D

PMSL :D

crouch the galactico :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:30 pm

Sorry guys Ive got a new pc desk from IKEA and the draw keeps sliding in when I type on the keyboard :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion