Peter crouch - Something fishy is going on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:56 am

Is it me or is something not right, Crouch hasn't played much over the preseason and didn't feature over in Hong Kong, after appearing mainly as sub last season I think Crouchy may move on if an offer comes in for him  :(

Or is it just me?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:00 am

i know what you mean- although i guess Rafa's just having a look at the new guys and the guys that haven't produced the goods (Kuyt)- you know what you get with Crouch and that seem to harm his playing chances.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:05 am

yeh, but rafa said crouch is in his plans so i dunno. i think he just wants to see where the new guys r at. i expect crouch to feature more during the rotterman tournament.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:16 am

I hope your right, Crouch is a very good player imo and gives us something different to the other strikers. :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:17 am

Paul C wrote:Is it me or is something not right, Crouch hasn't played much over the preseason and didn't feature over in Hong Kong, after appearing mainly as sub last season I think Crouchy may move on if an offer comes in for him  :(

Or is it just me?  ???

Its just you.

Crouch was arguably our best player last year and really became a cult hero amongst many fans.

Rafa knows how valuable he is to us and thats why he put the £25m price tag on his head.

Crouchie's is one of my favourite players at the club and long may he be here, I wouldn't worry mate.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:20 am

Cant see Crouch going anywhere. Hes a great player and is very valuable to the team

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:23 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Crouch was arguably our best player last year.

He was playing well, but he wasn't the best player. Carra and Gerrard were the best players last season

I agree, no need to worry paul c, he won't leave.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:32 am

metalhead wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Crouch was arguably our best player last year.

He was playing well, but he wasn't the best player. Carra and Gerrard were the best players last season

I agree, no need to worry paul c, he won't leave.

Thats bollo.cks in my eyes mate.

Gerrard had one of his worst seasons in recent memory and Carra was exactly Mr Dependable (as we are used to).

Last season was a bad season imo for both the home grown lads, but because they are homegrown they dont come in for hardly any stick.

For the playing time Crouch had last year, he done exceptionally well , brilliant in fact and I feel if we would of had him on from the start v Milan, it would of been a very different game.

Pennant, Xabi, Sissoko all got lambasted at stages during the season, when Gerrard and Carra were playing just as bad.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:40 am

For a game plan to have an air attack, Crouch's the commander.
Cant see him going anywhere. Sorry not for sale.
lio

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:48 am

Oh come on mate, saying Gerrard had his worst season this year is also wrong. He was brilliant, against AC Milan in the first half, he was outstanding! every game you see him working hard, like passing, tackling, shooting, creating chances, he was there doing what he is best at. Against Chelsea at anfield he showed his quality once more, against Aston Villa away he and gareth barry showed their quality on the field and were arguably the best player. In our 6-3 defeat at anfield against arsenal, gerrard worked his socks off to get us back, and scoring a cracking goal. In many games this  seaeson he was actually the best, on par with mascherano and crouch in some games. as for carragher, our defence record proves that he pulled the back four together, with the help of Reina. Carragher had a rocky first half the season, sure, but he regained his form, he was always doing well.

Crouch did pretty well this season, scored some cracking goals, don't get me wrong, but i like the player, very useful and helpful.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:03 am

Rafa Dodd, They had bad seasons by the very high standards they set themselves. They were still better then most other players.

Its kind of the same as the Ronaldinho situation, they say he had an awful season, yet he still scored 23 goals in La Liga alone.

How many cleansheets was Carra apart of?
Last edited by Alonso14 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:20 am

Crouch should get more playing time than Kuyt IMO, we'd end up with more 'end product' with him in the side.
66-1112520797

Postby Geo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:21 am

gerrards heart was in it last season, but his form wasnt brilliant- looked him and alonso were suffering from a world cup hangover. i think they will both be back to their brilliant best this season.
Geo

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:35 am

Crouch is a  major part of rafa's jigsaw for the coming season to be honest i would be more concerned if i were  kuyt.....he may be a work horse, but he just dont cut the mustard  for me, he misses to many chances i dont think you will get double figures in goals from him this season....if anyone will go it could be him?.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 am

metalhead wrote:Oh come on mate, saying Gerrard had his worst season this year is also wrong. He was brilliant, against AC Milan in the first half, he was outstanding! every game you see him working hard, like passing, tackling, shooting, creating chances, he was there doing what he is best at. Against Chelsea at anfield he showed his quality once more, against Aston Villa away he and gareth barry showed their quality on the field and were arguably the best player. In our 6-3 defeat at anfield against arsenal, gerrard worked his socks off to get us back, and scoring a cracking goal. In many games this  seaeson he was actually the best, on par with mascherano and crouch in some games. as for carragher, our defence record proves that he pulled the back four together, with the help of Reina. Carragher had a rocky first half the season, sure, but he regained his form, he was always doing well.

Crouch did pretty well this season, scored some cracking goals, don't get me wrong, but i like the player, very useful and helpful.

I bet you are one of the chinese fans who screamed like a banshee when gerrard wrmed up at the Asia thingy.

He was ordinary far too often last season and owes us a big season this time round.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion