Peter crouch - Something fishy is going on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:02 pm

Smeg wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Smeg wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
It wouldn’t surprise me if Man Citeh replaced Liverpool as one of the big four

I cannot believe some of the opinions on here at the moment. There is no way some of these people have supported the Club any longer than 25-5-05. We've been through worse times than 4, yes 4 poor games, resulting in ONE fcking loss, get a grip ffs.

That doesn't detract from the fact its a Peter Crouch thread, he never has been and never will be good enough.

Stu thats your opinion and fair enough you back it up with reasons.
But AT THIS MOMENT (bearing in mind we didnt sign Ashton or Anelka) would you give him more of a look in ?
I agree that we signed him at a time when he was needed and now as we have more money and a better chance of signing a better quality of player then fair enough we could do better.
But, we do have to wait until January and at this moment he deserves more of a chance than he has been given.

By the way Heimdall, you are not on anyone's wavelength lad, not the rotationalists or the anti-rotationalists, some of the rubbish you are spouting is what gives Rafa's supporters there amunition against fans going OTT about a few results and rotation. Try and be a bit more sensible lad.

No I wouldn't. Because he's not good enough and for my money will cost us points. I don't particualarly rate Voronin either and Kuyt isn't the answer for me but both are better than Crouch.

If I'm being honest, at the moment, I'd try Bennayoun off Torres, we do desperately need Kewell back aswell.

Robbie Keane was electric the other day, another player I'd like us to look at, sharp with vision and intelligence.

I wouldnt mind that, it would give us a bit of cretivity and guile.
Just as long as Rafa tells Yossi that he can stay forward and only has to support Torres...not worry about dropping in when we havent got the ball.
Thats where alot of our problems often lie.
If Benayoun played off Torres with the wide players not being too restricted then i think that we could cause most sides alot of problems.
I can see where your coming from with Crouch, although to be fair he is less likely to cost us ponts than either of the other likely partners to Torres.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Smeg wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Smeg wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
It wouldn’t surprise me if Man Citeh replaced Liverpool as one of the big four

I cannot believe some of the opinions on here at the moment. There is no way some of these people have supported the Club any longer than 25-5-05. We've been through worse times than 4, yes 4 poor games, resulting in ONE fcking loss, get a grip ffs.

That doesn't detract from the fact its a Peter Crouch thread, he never has been and never will be good enough.

Stu thats your opinion and fair enough you back it up with reasons.
But AT THIS MOMENT (bearing in mind we didnt sign Ashton or Anelka) would you give him more of a look in ?
I agree that we signed him at a time when he was needed and now as we have more money and a better chance of signing a better quality of player then fair enough we could do better.
But, we do have to wait until January and at this moment he deserves more of a chance than he has been given.

By the way Heimdall, you are not on anyone's wavelength lad, not the rotationalists or the anti-rotationalists, some of the rubbish you are spouting is what gives Rafa's supporters there amunition against fans going OTT about a few results and rotation. Try and be a bit more sensible lad.

No I wouldn't. Because he's not good enough and for my money will cost us points. I don't particualarly rate Voronin either and Kuyt isn't the answer for me but both are better than Crouch.

If I'm being honest, at the moment, I'd try Bennayoun off Torres, we do desperately need Kewell back aswell.

Robbie Keane was electric the other day, another player I'd like us to look at, sharp with vision and intelligence.

I wouldnt mind that, it would give us a bit of cretivity and guile.
Just as long as Rafa tells Yossi that he can stay forward and only has to support Torres...not worry about dropping in when we havent got the ball.
Thats where alot of our problems often lie.
If Benayoun played off Torres with the wide players not being too restricted then i think that we could cause most sides alot of problems.
I can see where your coming from with Crouch, although to be fair he is less likely to cost us ponts than either of the other likely partners to Torres.

I just don't see what Crouch offers us anymore.

Torres offers what Crouch does and a hole lot more... He probably wins just as many headers as Crouch and he holds the ball up far better but has the class, pace, awareness, touch, skill, strength and mobility (basically everything) that Crouch doesn't have.

The only thing that would worry me about Bennayoun playing off Torres is the lack of goalthreat, Pennant, and possibly Kewell would offer.

To play a 4-5-1 you need a striker who can score goals, but at least two of the three behind to chip in with 10 or so, the other one to be a capable scorer, which Pennant isn't and never will be and a centre mid to score 10ish.

We don't however have alot of goals from our midfield. Pennant, Alonso and Mascherano would probably net 5 a season at most. While Kewell hasn't hit double figures for years. Theres only really Gerrard who can be relied upon for the right amount. We need another forward who will get/is capable of getting 15 league goals but can offer us an alround game aswell. Then I think in Torres, Gerrard (the other forward) Bennayoun, Pennant and Kewell (when fit... :laugh: )we'll have enough craft to open teams up.
Smeg

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Peter crouch, Something fishy is going on

Nah, not fish.

More like a seahorse:

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:50 am

Judge wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
red37 wrote:Maybe thats why she's with him.

Looks are nothing to do with it really, especially when you're fetching home a five figure wage packet every week they're not. Anyway, maybe its not just his feet that stick out the bed!

Red she could have any man she wants, she is only with him because he plays for us + his wage packet.

with his money, she can easily pay for those drugs she took

i dont think people who dont know the player personally should judge them in the first place.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:15 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Judge wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
red37 wrote:Maybe thats why she's with him.

Looks are nothing to do with it really, especially when you're fetching home a five figure wage packet every week they're not. Anyway, maybe its not just his feet that stick out the bed!

Red she could have any man she wants, she is only with him because he plays for us + his wage packet.

with his money, she can easily pay for those drugs she took

i dont think people who dont know the player personally should judge them in the first place.

Lads and ladies, can we keep the forum to football debate and not mindless idle chatter about gold diggers and WAGs being the reasons for this that and the other ?

Its frankly tiresome, and anyone with a wife or long term girlfriend (probably not too many on here by the looks of it) will know they can well be the rock that any mans success is built on.

Back on the facts, Abbey is a friend of a friend, and you could not be further from the truth with regards their relationship. As for the drugs slurs, anyone who has never tried any form of drug feel free to discuss the, the rest of us rember that he without sin should cast the first stone.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:46 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Oh and on Crouch his hold up play is excellent. I would go as far to say he is one of the best players in the league at holding the ball up because of his big frame and HIS FOOTBALL SKILLS with the ball at his feet.

excellent post raffa mate, that"s why i really hope crouch
starts against the bitters,cause for me he will be such
a threat that he will hopefully enhance our creativity
better than in recent weeks, i feel we have missed
his alround pressence- he has & always will give us
a different option in our attacking play, & against
the bitters will make all the difference i"m sure of that.
"come on red men"
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:25 am

LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez has moved to end the speculation surrounding the future of striker Peter Crouch by declaring: He is not for sale.

by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

I hope he means just till January, let the bidding commence!
Rockthekop

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:24 pm

Smeg wrote:While Kewell hasn't hit double figures for years.

Are you talking about goals.... or games??  :p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Wilhelmsson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:13 pm

Rockthekop wrote:LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez has moved to end the speculation surrounding the future of striker Peter Crouch by declaring: He is not for sale.

by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

I hope he means just till January, let the bidding commence!

Someone on this forum has mentioned that Crouch might still be rated highly by Benitez, but is being used in a different role from the roles he has played in the previously two seasons.

It’s a logical theory IMO, Benitez has always said that Crouch is a player he has admired and has squashed any reports of rifts between the two and any press coverage linking Peter with a move away from Liverpool.

Why would Rafa be a hypocrite and say he has a place in the team, when in reality he no longer features in the manager’s plans? I doubt it will drum up interest or inflate the figure of his transfer (should his departure become inevitable).

Crouch seems to have taken the back foot since the arrival of Voronin and Torres, but for the life of me, I can’t understand the concept of playing Kuyt who is virtually ineffective in the position he is playing in, when a more effective striker (Crouch) is warming the substitute’s bench week in and week out.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby matrix » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:15 pm

i simply dont see a future for crouch since the arrival of torres...

rafa is clever, he wont tell the world  crouch is being sold that would only dis-value the player...

i dont expect crouch to be at liverpool next summer its as simple as that... 
Last edited by matrix on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:00 am

Unused sub when we were a man up chasing a win over the bitters................ I have to say I'm glad he didn't come on as I'd hate to think how we'd have played had he come on, he might have scored and even I'd rate his chances of scoring over Mascherano or Sissoko.

Kuyt has now improved his strike rate to 1 in 3 so he and Crouch are pretty much neck and (long) neck
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:41 pm

Been reading about Crouch on another site and they reckon that the reason he's not playing is we only paid £5million up front with a further £2million after 100 league games. Hes now played 67 league games but over 20 sub appearances as well. Could it be we are thinking of off loading him at Christmas and just want to avoid paying the extra £2 million in the meantime?
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:31 pm

s@int wrote:Been reading about Crouch on another site and they reckon that the reason he's not playing is we only paid £5million up front with a further £2million after 100 league games. Hes now played 67 league games but over 20 sub appearances as well. Could it be we are thinking of off loading him at Christmas and just want to avoid paying the extra £2 million in the meantime?

I somehow doubt these guesses, which often occur when some player isn't getting much playing time. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think such clauses/payment installments exist, I just don't think Rafa would gamble with our season by not using him due to such a reason. I honestly just think Rafa doesn't rate Crouch as much as the other strikers (at the moment at least). I could of course be wrong  :D
JamCar05

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:02 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
s@int wrote:Been reading about Crouch on another site and they reckon that the reason he's not playing is we only paid £5million up front with a further £2million after 100 league games. Hes now played 67 league games but over 20 sub appearances as well. Could it be we are thinking of off loading him at Christmas and just want to avoid paying the extra £2 million in the meantime?

I somehow doubt these guesses, which often occur when some player isn't getting much playing time. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think such clauses/payment installments exist, I just don't think Rafa would gamble with our season by not using him due to such a reason. I honestly just think Rafa doesn't rate Crouch as much as the other strikers (at the moment at least). I could of course be wrong  :D

Crouch has made only 69 Premiership appearances all told, if he was anywhere near 100, and Rafa didn't want to pay an extra £2m, then surely he would have been sold rather than waste one of the four striker slots?!?!?!

Rafa prefers Kuyt, I doubt anyone can argue with that given he's notched up 1030 mins, 14 games out of 18 and averages 74 mins per appearance. Torres is the golden boy, signed for a massive fee and scoring goals. Voronin and Crouch make up the numbers.

Maybe Rafa wanted to sell Crouch in the summer, but spent so much time on the signing of others like Benayoun, Babel, Torres and the failed Heinze saga that he didn't have time to replace him - something I think he'd have done first given the Hyypia situation of not selling until he'd replaced him. It's one thing to sign a dozen players in a fortnight on a PS2 game, something much harder to do in reality.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:11 pm

In his brief time on the pitch Crouch has more than proved his worth.
This season i have said from day one that he should be in the team with Torres. They are our best two strikers without question.
In about 20 minutes yesterday he was more of a threat than Kuyt has been in weeks. I actually think Kuyt is a better player than we are seeing despite his critics but his confidence is shot and he shouldnt be in the side at the moment, especially not on his own upfront.

One other thing about Crouch is that he seems to bring the best out of our best player (Gerrard) every time they play together watch the link up between them, the clever one twos in and around the box.
At the moment Rafa appears to be cutting his nose off to spite his face (what does that actually mean  :D )

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion