Peter crouch - It must be his destiny not to score.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:00 am

The national press are conducting a witch hunt for Crouch at the moment. Every single Liverpool headline has been about him for the last 3 weeks. It's the same on the box

As I see press is :censored: everywhere.

They have to sell papers, and they won't sell them being boring. And what is easy to sell to the crowd? the same thing that we did at school, pointing out the tall (fat or whatever guy) and laugh. And since there is lots (I mean lots) of envy towards Liverpool, people eagerly buy that :censored:.

But we shouldn't, we are Liverpool supporters, and we do see games. And no one can't miss that he has a good touch of the ball, not a bad control, and scoring is a matter of time. It's obvious he's nervous, but it's obvious that won't last forever. His team mates know this and that's why they told him to throw de penalty. It didn't work ok, but it doesn't matter, it's just a matter of time that he is not afraid any more.

Come on Crouch!

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:23 am

Lionheart wrote:I just don't think he is premiership material.

You can't be serious!! He's more than what u think my friend. He's better off than some of the premiership buggers that I know of. Yeah too bad that he's firing blanks but clearly if you do watch every game he's playing, you won't be posting that sort of remark.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:32 am

I just don't think he is premiership material.

And yet somehow he managed to score 12 goals in the Premiership last season :laugh:

It's not that he isn't Premiership material, it's simply down to the fact that all he needs is a goal and he will start more consistantly. Thats the case with most strikers.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:27 am

A.B. wrote:And yet somehow he managed to score 12 goals in the Premiership last season :laugh:

wasn't it 16?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:19 am

A.B. wrote:
I just don't think he is premiership material.

And yet somehow he managed to score 12 goals in the Premiership last season :laugh:

It's not that he isn't Premiership material, it's simply down to the fact that all he needs is a goal and he will start more consistantly. Thats the case with most strikers.

How many goals has he scored in the premiership in total including his Aston Villa days?

If you do those numbers, you wont be agreeing he is premiership material.

If we used him only in away games or off the bench, I'd say he gives us something different. But to play him as our 1st choice striker is not going to win us premierships. The boy tries hard, but he is too nice for this game, and too slow. And when you compare him to the 1st choice strikers at clubs we're chasing like Henry, Van Nistelrooy and even Drogba, he is well below their quality.
tel

Postby hobbes » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:40 am

He needs to prove himself.
Some football pundit is of the view that Crouch cannot play for big clubs like Liverpool. He might shine in smaller clubs, not in Liverpool.
hobbes

Postby akumaface » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:23 am

Yes, its true he hasn't scored but he did create many chances. I'm more worrying about him not getting involved and disappeared into the sunset like an unfit Nando at the beginning of the season. But you can see he gets involved in our offense and created a new dimension which is very effective. Just look at all the games he had played, he draws the opponents best defender away but still able to hold the ball up. He had won us couple of games even though he didn't score. For some of the fans that did not see that need to look deeper. I'm not a big fan of Crouch but I have to admit he is  very useful for us. On the other hand, I think if his look is more like Beckham, I'm sure people would not be as harsh on him. Just because he doesn't look like a typical football player doesn't mean he is a shiitty player. People had been giving Biscan a chance for years and just hope people would be more patient with Crouch. :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby RedWolf35 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:08 am

I like him     he's honest and has not bleated or moaned once   yeah he could be more aggressive    Rafa will work on that side   wait till we get some decent wingers pinging balls into the box you'll see a big difference then!!!!

Come on Crouchy    :D
RedWolf35

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion