Peter Crouch general discussion thread - Portsmouth confirm personal terms agreed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:43 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Owzat wrote:All he needs is rubbish sides to score against.

dumbest remark ive ever seen. EVER.

I second that.
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

I second that.

Perhaps you should both try reading your own posts then............................

And stats back it up, his records against the weaker sides are all that keeps him on 1 in 3. More thought went into my comment than your counter-comment, perhaps you two should be considered dumb and dumber.

A lack of evidence to counter the comment and a simply derogatory remark says it all. Almost as lacking in thought as smiley responses
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Owzat wrote:Is it me or is this discussion, like any where you mention Crouch, descending into the usual "Crouch is better than Kuyt" debate where somehow if Crouch is better than Kuyt that must mean he shouldn't go, should have got a fair go, would have scored 999 goals a season if he'd had the opportunities, would be first choice for England blah blah blah

Crouch isn't good enough, whether Kuyt is or not should be reserved for a/the topic about KUYT and is irrelevant as to indicating Crouch's worth to the team. Crouch had nothing but opportunities for TWO YEARS. If 14 isn't good for Kuyt in his first season then what is 13 in Crouch's!?!?!?

Crouch

2005/6 : 13 goals in 47 appearances (0.277 goals/app)
2006/7 : 18 goals in 49 appearances (0.367 goals/app)
2007/8 : 11 goals in 36 appearances (0.306 goals/app)

If THAT'S good enough then some people on here "lack ambitions". He had plenty of chances, he's featured in more than 74% of the games he could have played (came here banned). He played 66+ mins in 34 of his 47 appearances first season despite not scoring until his 19th appearances so how anyone can say he's been badly treated I don't know. He had more than a fair go considering his awful start. In fact it wouldn't be unfair to say he's never scored enough consistently to get to be first choice so he's played more than strikers would get at other clubs. He's had the odd spell of goalscoring, but his goalless spells are more common. All he needs is rubbish sides to score against. You certainly don't notch up 100 goalless appearances by your 132nd appearance if you're good enough. He fails to score in 75% of his appearances, I could put Kuyt's relative statistic but then I did state this was about Crouch not Kuyt (don't expect that will make any difference, it never has stopped anyone before)

And so what?

Kuyt got 1 more goal than Crouch in his 1st season.

The big difference?

Crouch actually built on that the next season, getting 18 without having to take silly penalties to up his stats.

What did Kuyt do?
Score 1 from open play until even Rafa unerstood Kuyt is an utter failure as a striker and had to move him.

And discussing Kuyt is vital right now when discussing Crouch.
What would happen if Torres becomes injured. That actually could happen ....

Crouch who scored 11 goals once again without of help from penalities and had maybe half as much playing time as Kuyt,
would be a zillion times the better choice as a backup striker.

Kuyt is totally ineffectual in that posistion, even if some fans seems to want to supress his agonising 1st half of the season.

Losing Crouch, having Kuyt as the backup to torres would end our season if Torres is injured.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Owzat wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

I second that.

Perhaps you should both try reading your own posts then............................

And stats back it up, his records against the weaker sides are all that keeps him on 1 in 3. More thought went into my comment than your counter-comment, perhaps you two should be considered dumb and dumber.

A lack of evidence to counter the comment and a simply derogatory remark says it all. Almost as lacking in thought as smiley responses

Oh yes stats. But do you ever watch a game ?
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:45 pm

In newkit we start making criticisms about players in some games, and we end up underrating the players up to the point in which a 2M offer might seem tempting.

Crouch is a good striker, end of. His stats means nothing to me, other good strikers like Morientes didn't manage to make any better his numbers. I think he's the kind of player he needs a lot of confidence in his game, and thus, he'd do better in a non rotating club, in a club in which he'll play week in, week out.

I hope we get more money for him than the one we paid for him, because Crouch has shown to be very useful, despite he had doubters from day one.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:his father passed away

no disrespect but how long are we going to hear this excuse for?

kuyt is not effective, all he brings is hard work and little end product and the sooner he is offloaded then the better for us.

he is gash up front and he is gash on the wing, hey i have an idea, why don't we play a winger on the wing, someone who can trap a ball, take players on and have some pace rather than this donkey

no offence pee wee but sometimes you do get tiresome. did you watch Kuyt play yesterday for holland? he was class, made all the difference when he came on, and he did ok for us last season, he was class his first season.
there are a fair few players we should be getting rid of, crouch included in my opinion... kuyt aint one of them

dawson i dont care how fantastic he was for holland in a meaningless game, i do care about how poor he has been for liverpool since he was signed.

nothing tiresome about that my friend, i say it as i see it

got us into the semi finals himself basically , man of the match against arsenal and inter ? Poor eh , 14 goals in a debut season , 11 this season .

if that is not poor for a striker then you lack ambitions.

14 is not bad for a striker in his first season in a foreign league . 11 when he has been playing as a winger , thats not that bad . Watch a match for once and u can see all the other work that kuyt does .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:28 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

I second that.

Oh yes stats. But do you ever watch a game ?

im wondering the same thing Bamaga cause last i heard football wasnt played on paper.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 am

Toffeehater wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:

kuyt is not effective, all he brings is hard work and little end product and the sooner he is offloaded then the better for us.

he is gash up front and he is gash on the wing, hey i have an idea, why don't we play a winger on the wing, someone who can trap a ball, take players on and have some pace rather than this donkey

no offence pee wee but sometimes you do get tiresome. did you watch Kuyt play yesterday for holland? he was class, made all the difference when he came on, and he did ok for us last season, he was class his first season.
there are a fair few players we should be getting rid of, crouch included in my opinion... kuyt aint one of them

dawson i dont care how fantastic he was for holland in a meaningless game, i do care about how poor he has been for liverpool since he was signed.

got us into the semi finals himself basically , man of the match against arsenal and inter ? Poor eh , 14 goals in a debut season , 11 this season .

14 is not bad for a striker in his first season in a foreign league . 11 when he has been playing as a winger , thats not that bad . Watch a match for once and u can see all the other work that kuyt does .

are u implying i havent watched a match before? or does being a kuyt supporter make u a better fan?

how long was he playing as a winger anyway?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:00 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:are u implying i havent watched a match before? or does being a kuyt supporter make u a better fan?

The favourite technique of the thought police if you disagree with them is to question how many times you go to a game/whether you watch any games/whether you are as good a fan as they are. It just saves time and effort in not having to actually debate football.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:59 am

bigmick wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:are u implying i havent watched a match before? or does being a kuyt supporter make u a better fan?

The favourite technique of the thought police if you disagree with them is to question how many times you go to a game/whether you watch any games/whether you are as good a fan as they are. It just saves time and effort in not having to actually debate football.

bigmick can u please change ur avatar. its so serious its scary.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 pm

From SSN:

Harry Redknapp insists that he will not be held to ransom over a summer move for Peter Crouch.

Liverpool have slapped a £15million price tag on the England international, a fee which Portsmouth are refusing to pay.

Redknapp admits that he is keen to bring the striker back for a second spell at Fratton Park, but will not pay over the odds in order to get his man.

Crouch is desperate to find regular first-team football, while Pompey are keen to boost their attacking options, a situation which is ensuring that both parties are keen for a solution to be found.

"I don't know if the avenue for Peter Crouch is shut or not," Redknapp told The News.

"If Liverpool are asking £15m for him it is certainly shut. I like Peter, but he belongs to Liverpool at the moment.

"If the price is right something could happen. If they wanted £10m it would certainly be more interesting. We do need another front man. At the moment we have David Nugent, Kanu and Jermain Defoe. We need another one up there, at least. You need to have at least four strikers. So I need another good one up there."

Redknapp confirmed that his search for new faces has been restricted to the domestic market so far, but refused to rule out the possibility of branching further afield in an attempt to find players of the required quality at a price the club can afford.

"We're looking around at a few things at the moment," he said. "We are still making enquiries. They have mostly been at home in England, to be honest. We are seeing what is possible."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:09 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:

are u implying i havent watched a match before? or does being a kuyt supporter make u a better fan?

I don't have to imply anything .  I'm am a kuyt fan cause he puts in heart in every game . 100% effort is what u guaranteed  good or bad performance . Kuyt does not deserve some of the slack that he gets from people . He has been playing as a winger for more than half a season if i recall correctly
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Well looks like harry is willing to pay at least 10 million , which is more then enough for crouch who has a year left on his contract . Good time to sell me thinks .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Toffeehater wrote: I'm am a kuyt fan cause he puts in heart in every game . 100% effort is what u guaranteed  good or bad performance . Kuyt does not deserve some of the slack that he gets from people . He has been playing as a winger for more than half a season if i recall correctly

Agreed son an now hes playin in the same position for Holland so that must make Van Basten :censored: aswell . Hes done the job thats been asked of him thats all he can do.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres25 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Harry Redknapp basically hinted that hed do business 4 10 mill...........personally id snap his hand off 4 that

i think crouch is only gonna go downhill & id much rather c Nemeth comin on instead
Torres25

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion